My Southern Belle has arrived.

jcbuttry8

My Southern Belle has arrived.

Post by jcbuttry8 » Mon May 16, 2011 8:51 am

Big thanks to Tommyboy72. I recieved Belle on Friday and she is fitting in very well here in PA. Couldn't have asked for a better looking dog, and she has a heck of a nose on her. Looking forward to some trialing later this year and birds on the table.

Again Tommyboy great pups. I will post more pics as she progressess.

Eighty 8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

displaced_texan

Re: My Southern Belle has arrived.

Post by displaced_texan » Mon May 16, 2011 9:08 am

She is a looker. I like the face markings.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Mon May 16, 2011 10:55 am

Good lookin' pup! Enjoy!

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:28 am

No problem Joe I hope she is as good as her sire and dam. Remind me to give you a call and give you a lesson in posting pics from a Photobucket account. That way you can post some large photos of her without using the attachment portion, you can post directly to your post. Looking forward to seeing more pics of her.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 pm

that would be great. I had her out on the wing earlier and need to get some pics of her pointing. She is very stylish. Still curvey in the tail but that will come with time. I see good things a coming.

Drifter Saver

Post by Drifter Saver » Mon May 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Nice looking pup. FYI, there is already a registered dog named My Southern Belle. She's a daughter of Crow's Little Joe and the mom of my avatar dog.
If its not a bird dog, it's just a dog!

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Mon May 16, 2011 4:29 pm

You know she points......................burn the pole and the wing............
jcbuttry8 wrote:that would be great. I had her out on the wing earlier and need to get some pics of her pointing. She is very stylish. Still curvey in the tail but that will come with time. I see good things a coming.

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Mon May 16, 2011 4:59 pm

That is one good looking little pup. I agree get rid of the wing on a string and let the pup be a pup and pick a system and stick to it. Good luck. I look forward to reading about all the mischief and hunting.
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:13 pm

All right, My Southern Belle only lasted a while. I was out voted 4 to 1 the name just didn't fit. So after some searching I atleast have the name I will call her. She is now Kona. Which means Lady. Thought it fit just perfect. I will figure out the papered name later. Here are the pics from the wing session today. I agree the wing is gone and now if the rain will go away we will start some healthy walks in the field. We started fetch yesterday for a few minutes and today we were able to fetch and return without any tugging on the leash. I am super stoked and can't wait to get busy in the yard. she seems to pick things up quick, which is good. One more trip into mom's closet and stealing a shoe, we may both be looking for new living quarters. Hope you enjoy the pics. There will be more to come.

The future always looks better when a man has a pup to hunt with!!!!!

Eighty 8

ImageImageImageImage