Aluminum Dog Box with Bottom Storage

Coveyrise64

Aluminum Dog Box with Bottom Storage

Post by Coveyrise64 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:21 pm

I am considering a new aluminum dog box for my pickup. The truck doesn't have a camper shell so the box would be exposed to the elements. My question is about bottom storage compartments and how well they seal out the moisture. It looks like the top of the drawer lip could catch water. Does anyone have any experience with this type of storage compartment?

Thanks....

Coveyrise64

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:11 pm

No experience with them, but have you considered top storage? The lid should have a lip that overlaps the sides of the compartment, keeping water (rain) out.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:16 am

That's what I have now. Always having to climb into the truck bed to reach something. The bottom storage looked a little appealing because of that.

Coveyrise64

pear

Post by pear » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:41 am

Covey, I certainly know the feeling of the top storage in a tall pick-up....With a proper, drip rail in place I would think the drawer would stay dry. I'd look close at the way the drip rail is mounted and it's size. One that is merely riveted on may not turn the water completely away, by allowing some to go between the rail and box. beyond that I guess you have to make sure your truck bed drained well, to prevent flooding. "pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey