Style Question... For Everyone

User avatar
birddog1968
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Wherever I may roam

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddog1968 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:06 am

No one is trying to change your mind your opinion or your preference , only have a discussion about it.

Your description of what i have witnessed just didn't match up. Interesting where you see no intensity I see pure intensity. Jaws clenched, glazed over, head contorted , drinking scent thru flared nostrils.....Interesting difference of perception.

What say you Ron them dogs got no intensity :lol: :wink:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

slistoe
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:23 pm

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by slistoe » Thu May 26, 2011 12:59 am

I missed something. Birddogger said this dog shows no intensity?
Image

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddogger » Thu May 26, 2011 1:39 am

No, I didn't say that particular dog has no intensity, although in my eyes, not as much as the one in the first picture. And there are some dogs that do show intensity with the head crank, but I have seen so many more that don't. I have watched them in trials that just stopped and stood still with their head in the air. Does it make a good picture? Yes. Do I see any intensity? No. I know there are many, many people who are more knowledgeable about bird dogs than I will ever be but I will guarantee you that I am knowledgeable enough to know what I do and do not prefer. There is no argument there. Don't hold it against me because I like something different than you guys do. :lol: After all, I am not the only one.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddogger » Thu May 26, 2011 3:09 am

birddog1968 wrote:No one is trying to change your mind your opinion or your preference , only have a discussion about it.

Your description of what i have witnessed just didn't match up. Interesting where you see no intensity I see pure intensity. Jaws clenched, glazed over, head contorted , drinking scent thru flared nostrils.....Interesting difference of perception.

What say you Ron them dogs got no intensity :lol: :wink:
birddog, jaws clenched, eyes glazed over, head contorted and flared nostrils is pure intensity and we have no disagreement on that. It is just hard for me to see it when they are looking at the moon.

BTW, I like the pictures of the dogs you posted but I don't see the head crank that I am talking about in them. If that is what you think I am calling no style or intensity, you are mistaken.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
PntrRookie
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: SE Wisconsin

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by PntrRookie » Thu May 26, 2011 6:33 am

birddogger wrote:It is just hard for me to see it when they are looking at the moon.
Charlie, how short are you? Bird dogs aren't THAT tall...jk...that was too easy not to smack out of the park :lol: :wink:

I like the crank and at 6' 3" I can see the intensity...again jk. Usually what I have witnessed with crank is they hit the bird and "blow up" to the crank. That is what I love watching. I will actually sit back and wait for the dog to flare the nostrils and take it all in as he/she gets higher and higher. As if they are drinking the cool aid and it keeps getting better, and better!

User avatar
Firemedic
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:46 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Firemedic » Thu May 26, 2011 6:43 am

heck, even my wife's shorhair has style, and he was only 7-8 months in this pic:
Image

Here are some of my pointer, most of these I have already posted.

Image

Not bad for an old girl with a bad ACL:
Image

Image

User avatar
Ron R
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:51 pm
Location: Bethalto, IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Ron R » Thu May 26, 2011 7:44 am

I see alot of style on this thread :D .
slistoe wrote:I missed something. Birddogger said this dog shows no intensity?
Image
Charlie really, really liked this dog and has stated that anybody would be proud to own him. Some people are just weird :roll: and think lower is more intense. I need to find hunting buddies that just agree with everything I say and form there opinions around what I like :lol: .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

User avatar
birddog1968
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Wherever I may roam

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddog1968 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:50 am

birddogger wrote:
birddog1968 wrote:No one is trying to change your mind your opinion or your preference , only have a discussion about it.

Your description of what i have witnessed just didn't match up. Interesting where you see no intensity I see pure intensity. Jaws clenched, glazed over, head contorted , drinking scent thru flared nostrils.....Interesting difference of perception.

What say you Ron them dogs got no intensity :lol: :wink:
birddog, jaws clenched, eyes glazed over, head contorted and flared nostrils is pure intensity and we have no disagreement on that. It is just hard for me to see it when they are looking at the moon.

BTW, I like the pictures of the dogs you posted but I don't see the head crank that I am talking about in them. If that is what you think I am calling no style or intensity, you are mistaken.

Charlie
My lil liver dog will crank her head sometimes but not a majority of the time....moreso when some amount of time goes by before i find her , and how she has the bird pinned. Walking birds seem to bring it out of her more.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

User avatar
Firemedic
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:46 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Firemedic » Thu May 26, 2011 7:56 am

Ron R wrote:Some people are just weird :roll: and think lower is more intense.

I agree, I cannot stand low in the front.


I need to find hunting buddies that just agree with everything I say and form there opinions around what I like :lol: .

I like your style........ hahaha

User avatar
Ron R
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:51 pm
Location: Bethalto, IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Ron R » Thu May 26, 2011 8:24 am

Firemedic wrote:I agree, I cannot stand low in the front.
I don't care about the head crank but I DO prefer them high in front. The first pic I posted is a dog that belongs to a friend and I would love to own him...even if he is low in front he makes up for it with everything else IMO.

You gotta enjoy a good debate/discusion :D .

BTW, I even liked that pic of the pointing lab :D .

Another thing that I think is not stylish is when they have a foot lifted...I just don't like it.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

User avatar
birddog1968
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Wherever I may roam

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddog1968 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:04 am

Ron R wrote:

Another thing that I think is not stylish is when they have a foot lifted...I just don't like it.
What about back footed lifted? :lol:
Image

Ive always liked this picture, the way he worked the big stubble field and how the bird was hid, the fuzz up on his tail. This is zoomed in quite a bit.
Image
Last edited by birddog1968 on Thu May 26, 2011 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

User avatar
gittrdonebritts
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: Malta,IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 am

birddog1968 wrote:
Ron R wrote:

Another thing that I think is not stylish is when they have a foot lifted...I just don't like it.
What about back footed lifted? :lol:
Image

Ive always liked this picture, the way he worked the big stubble field and how the bird was hid.
Image

My HTA pointer would often lift his back foot always made me laugh so hard I'd miss the bird flushing

User avatar
Troy08er
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Bakersfield, Ca.

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Troy08er » Thu May 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Image
Kresha's Gator of Troy
Image
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!





I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
PrairieGoat
Rank: Champion
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by PrairieGoat » Thu May 26, 2011 6:38 pm

ben33127 wrote:I do not trial, therefore my stance on style is any way my dog points! I understand some people must have 12oclock tail, but I simply love a solid intense point no matter where the dogs tail is!! That imo, and understand everyone does not agree!
Being a hunter first and foremost....I have to agree with you! I get a kick out of a nice stylish point, but I'm more interested in knowing where the bird is......

User avatar
GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:37 am
Location: canada

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu May 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Ron R wrote:
Firemedic wrote:I agree, I cannot stand low in the front.
I don't care about the head crank but I DO prefer them high in front. The first pic I posted is a dog that belongs to a friend and I would love to own him...even if he is low in front he makes up for it with everything else IMO.

You gotta enjoy a good debate/discusion :D .

BTW, I even liked that pic of the pointing lab :D .

Another thing that I think is not stylish is when they have a foot lifted...I just don't like it.
So you think my dog doesnt have style when she lifts a foot on point :cry: what has this birdworld come too.....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

User avatar
ultracarry
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2607
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: Yucaipa, ca

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by ultracarry » Thu May 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Don't know who's dog this is but I like
Last edited by ultracarry on Thu May 26, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PkerStr8Tail
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: Canton, IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Thu May 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Image

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddogger » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 pm

I have seen a lot of pictures of nice stylish and intense dogs on this thread and a person would have to be blind not to see it, which I have been accused of. It amazes me that out of all the pics, there is only one or two with the high head crank that I am talking about. The only reason I even mentioned the intensity thing was because birddog1968 said the head crank was caused from intensity and I just totally diagree with that. So many of them have just simply been conditioned to stand that way, but somebody will post a picture of one that does it naturally and intensely, as if I said it doesn't exist. I have been made fun of and accused of being blind and liking a dog that is low in the front, when I said no such thing. And now, the first dog in Ron's post has been called low in the front. :roll: I go back and look at birddog's stylish dogs and low and behold not one of them is looking in the sky. :? Heck, one of them is even a Lab. The vast majority of the pictures here that people consider style are agreeing with me, but continue to argue about it. I will repeat myself, I prefer that my dogs are not looking at the hawks soaring overhead when they are supposed to be pointing game birds. It makes for a confident, majestic animal and makes a beautiful picture but does not look like a point to me. If that makes me wrong, then so be it!! Apparently the pointers of let's say 40yrs. ago had no style or intensity at all. :roll: If I have learned one thing on this forum, it is that a lot of people will disagree just for the sake of an argument. I will say it again, almost every picture on here proves that people agree with me, but I give up.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
birddog1968
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Wherever I may roam

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddog1968 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Charlie take a deep breath.....its all light hearted discussion, from my perspective.....

Nothin to get bent outta shape over..... :wink:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddogger » Thu May 26, 2011 9:06 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Charlie take a deep breath.....its all light hearted discussion, from my perspective.....

Nothin to get bent outta shape over..... :wink:
No worries birddog, I am not bent out of shape and certainly have no problems with you or our discussion. It is just that I have seen a lot of dogs in my life and I know what I prefer. I don't care what the other guy prefers, although from the pictures I am seeing, it looks like most of us are on the same page.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
gittrdonebritts
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: Malta,IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu May 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Hey Ron how about for this on head crank on a Britt ? :wink:
Attachments
DSC01887.JPG
DSC01887.JPG (77.47 KiB) Viewed 5478 times

cjuve
Rank: Champion
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:17 pm
Location: Chukar hunting

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by cjuve » Thu May 26, 2011 9:21 pm

In a stub tail I like this
Image

Hey, I can almost see my house from there! :lol:

User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
Posts: 16646
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by ezzy333 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:24 pm

birddogger wrote:
birddog1968 wrote:Charlie take a deep breath.....its all light hearted discussion, from my perspective.....

Nothin to get bent outta shape over..... :wink:
No worries birddog, I am not bent out of shape and certainly have no problems with you or our discussion. It is just that I have seen a lot of dogs in my life and I know what I prefer. I don't care what the other guy prefers, although from the pictures I am seeing, it looks like most of us are on the same page.

Charlie

And I am right there with you. If it takes head crank to be stylish we have had dogs for a lot of years without a single one of them having any style. And the whole argument is silly anyway as style is in the eyes of the beholder. If I am breeding bird dogs then I want them to point the BIRD with intensity. If they do that they probably have a lot of style no matter what position they are standing in. If they can't do that then pointing the general area where the bird might be is better than nothing.

JMO

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

User avatar
birddog1968
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Wherever I may roam

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddog1968 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Good Lord, nobody said a dog has to do that to have style....but nobody's gonna convince me one that does it doesn't have style.

Lets put this chapter of style to sleep for cryin out loud. :!:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

User avatar
northern cajun
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:28 am
Location: Breaux Bridge, La and Ithaca, NY

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by northern cajun » Thu May 26, 2011 10:17 pm

STYLE IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER PERIOD! NO MORE NO LESS! SOME WILL AGREE SOME WILL DISAGREE

STYLE IS STYLE PERIOD YOU KNOW IT THE MOMENT YOU SEE IT.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddogger » Thu May 26, 2011 10:27 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Good Lord, nobody said a dog has to do that to have style....but nobody's gonna convince me one that does it doesn't have style.

Lets put this chapter of style to sleep for cryin out loud. :!:
Take a deep breath birddog. :lol:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
Troy08er
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Bakersfield, Ca.

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Troy08er » Thu May 26, 2011 10:29 pm

ultracarry wrote:Don't know who's dog this is but I like
Looks like a westcoast tail!!
Image
Kresha's Gator of Troy
Image
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!





I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Highland Gundogs
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Southern Utah

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Highland Gundogs » Thu May 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Troy08er wrote:
ultracarry wrote:Don't know who's dog this is but I like
Looks like a westcoast tail!!
That bitch is out of Tonellis Sky High. Greg anderson has her.

User avatar
birddog1968
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Wherever I may roam

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by birddog1968 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:58 pm

birddogger wrote:
birddog1968 wrote:Good Lord, nobody said a dog has to do that to have style....but nobody's gonna convince me one that does it doesn't have style.

Lets put this chapter of style to sleep for cryin out loud. :!:
Take a deep breath birddog. :lol:

Charlie

:lol:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

User avatar
Troy08er
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Bakersfield, Ca.

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Troy08er » Thu May 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Highland Gundogs wrote:
Troy08er wrote:
ultracarry wrote:Don't know who's dog this is but I like
Looks like a westcoast tail!!
That bitch is out of Tonellis Sky High. Greg anderson has her.
Who's the dam? She looks awesome
I also congrats on Buck.
Image
Kresha's Gator of Troy
Image
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!





I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

shags
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2389
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by shags » Fri May 27, 2011 5:57 am

birddogger wrote:I have seen a lot of pictures of nice stylish and intense dogs on this thread and a person would have to be blind not to see it, which I have been accused of. It amazes me that out of all the pics, there is only one or two with the high head crank that I am talking about. The only reason I even mentioned the intensity thing was because birddog1968 said the head crank was caused from intensity and I just totally diagree with that. So many of them have just simply been conditioned to stand that way, but somebody will post a picture of one that does it naturally and intensely, as if I said it doesn't exist. I have been made fun of and accused of being blind and liking a dog that is low in the front, when I said no such thing. And now, the first dog in Ron's post has been called low in the front. :roll: I go back and look at birddog's stylish dogs and low and behold not one of them is looking in the sky. :? Heck, one of them is even a Lab. The vast majority of the pictures here that people consider style are agreeing with me, but continue to argue about it. I will repeat myself, I prefer that my dogs are not looking at the hawks soaring overhead when they are supposed to be pointing game birds. It makes for a confident, majestic animal and makes a beautiful picture but does not look like a point to me. If that makes me wrong, then so be it!! Apparently the pointers of let's say 40yrs. ago had no style or intensity at all. :roll: If I have learned one thing on this forum, it is that a lot of people will disagree just for the sake of an argument. I will say it again, almost every picture on here proves that people agree with me, but I give up.

Charlie
Maybe if someone would get a head shot of a cranked dog that features his eyes, you'd see what what we know is there. Cranked dogs aren't relaxing, just looking for shapes in the clouds...their eyes say everything. The original two pics of this thread are composed too differently to make any kind of comparison, and for the purposes of discussion in this thread, are misleading.

Kmack
Rank: Champion
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:36 am
Location: Augusta, Kansas

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Kmack » Fri May 27, 2011 6:53 am

I can't judge style based on still photos of a dog on point. To me, you have to take in the whole dog to determine if it has style. As far as looking good on point, I like 4 feet on the ground, head above shoulder level (the higher the better), tail up (the closer to 12:00 the better and the straighter the better), muscle flexed intensity (over graceful textbook).

I would consider this dog to be my most stylish dog overall but he is marginal at best on point most times. Occasionally everything falls into place and he looks really good but normally it is more like this.

Image

Image

But overall, I think he has style...

slistoe
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:23 pm

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by slistoe » Fri May 27, 2011 6:56 am

gittrdonebritts wrote:Hey Ron how about for this on head crank on a Britt ? :wink:
Head crank. leg lifted. low on one end, pointing while on the retrieve - that dog has it all!!!!!

User avatar
Ron R
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:51 pm
Location: Bethalto, IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Ron R » Fri May 27, 2011 8:08 am

GUNDOGS wrote:So you think my dog doesnt have style when she lifts a foot on point
Mine either :oops:

Image
gittrdonebritts wrote:Hey Ron how about for this on head crank on a Britt ?
Holy cow :) .
birddog1968 wrote:nobody said a dog has to do that to have style....but nobody's gonna convince me one that does it doesn't have style
Amen!!!
shags wrote: The original two pics of this thread are composed too differently to make any kind of comparison, and for the purposes of discussion in this thread, are misleading
Hey, I posted those two picks because I thought both are stylish and to show an example style diversity :D . I then asked for pictures.......and man did I get some good ones :D .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

User avatar
Coveyrise64
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:57 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Coveyrise64 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:31 am

For me, it doesn't really matter what their style is as long as they have a little 'attitude'. 8)

Image

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

User avatar
GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:37 am
Location: canada

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri May 27, 2011 9:03 am

Coveyrise64 wrote:For me, it doesn't really matter what their style is as long as they have a little 'attitude'. 8)

Image

Coveyrise64
Man that dog is suckin up the birds scent so much im surprised the bird isnt stuck to his nose..love it :twisted: ...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

User avatar
Ron R
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:51 pm
Location: Bethalto, IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Ron R » Fri May 27, 2011 9:18 am

Unconditioned Higher stuff.
Image

Image

Image


How about some puppy style?
Image
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

User avatar
gittrdonebritts
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: Malta,IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by gittrdonebritts » Fri May 27, 2011 9:52 am

puppy style you say ?
Attachments
DSC01895.JPG
DSC01895.JPG (92.95 KiB) Viewed 5262 times
DSC01891.JPG
DSC01891.JPG (89.81 KiB) Viewed 5259 times

slistoe
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:23 pm

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by slistoe » Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 am

Image

Where's the thumbs up!

User avatar
DGFavor
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1949
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:55 am
Location: Pocatello, ID

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by DGFavor » Fri May 27, 2011 10:30 am

I'll take one for the team - hard to appreciate good style without having something to compare it too:

Too low on front, back right foot in the air :oops: :
Image

11:30 tail, head horizontal, kind of flat footed on left front :oops: :
Image

Embarassed to post this one, kinda makes me nauseous:
Image

Pointing up the hill so head high, tail low - I didn't even bother going over to flush birds on this one, disgusting:
Image

Flaps up - I try and sneak in and put their ears down before I flush just so the experience isn't tainted:
Image

Image

Lip snarlers just exude a bad overall attitude more suited to professional wrestling than gentlemanly upland pursuits:
Image

Image

I searched and searched my archives looking to at least post something with decent style but I couldn't find any photos of the dogs standing in the yard with a checkcord hooked to 'em... :lol:
Last edited by DGFavor on Fri May 27, 2011 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ultracarry
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2607
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: Yucaipa, ca

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by ultracarry » Fri May 27, 2011 10:33 am

Did someone say puppy....lol
Attachments
downloadfile-4.jpeg
downloadfile-4.jpeg (57.94 KiB) Viewed 5250 times

User avatar
Chukar12
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2051
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Chukar12 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:35 am

Doc Favor showing pointing pics via sattelite

User avatar
gittrdonebritts
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: Malta,IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by gittrdonebritts » Fri May 27, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks for a good laugh D Favor

User avatar
Ditch__Parrot
Rank: Champion
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:42 pm
Location: Land Of Ahhs

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Fri May 27, 2011 11:12 am

:|
Last edited by Ditch__Parrot on Fri May 27, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:37 am
Location: canada

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri May 27, 2011 11:16 am

not sure if anyone knows this but i have a puppy :mrgreen: ...ruth

she was crusin' so fast she almost ran into the bird, when she caught scent she almost went butt first lol..look closely and you can see the chukar...
Image

Image

Image

jersey 10 weeks old (she looks like her daddy just a bit (below) )
Image

ace (jerseys daddy)
Image
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

User avatar
Ditch__Parrot
Rank: Champion
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:42 pm
Location: Land Of Ahhs

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Fri May 27, 2011 12:00 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:not sure if anyone knows this but i have a puppy :mrgreen: ...ruth
:lol: and a great looking pup it is
Image

User avatar
gittrdonebritts
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: Malta,IL

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by gittrdonebritts » Fri May 27, 2011 12:35 pm

"GUNDOGS"]not sure if anyone knows this but i have a puppy :mrgreen: ...ruth
Is that a fact :?: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:

User avatar
Troy08er
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Bakersfield, Ca.

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Troy08er » Fri May 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Nice, I like it.
Coveyrise64 wrote:For me, it doesn't really matter what their style is as long as they have a little 'attitude'. 8)

Image

Coveyrise64
Image
Kresha's Gator of Troy
Image
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!





I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
brad27
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1334
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:08 am
Location: menifee, CA

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by brad27 » Fri May 27, 2011 12:47 pm

i hope they don't mind, but i always thought Crystal Kennels avatar was a beautiful blend of style and intensity.
Image

User avatar
Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Amelia,Ohio

Re: Style Question... For Everyone

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri May 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Another of Wendy's get sired by 10xCh/FC/AFC Dunfur's Hoosier Lb owned by Jerry Paddock
Attachments
Tank 10 mos.jpg
Tank 10 mos.jpg (71.14 KiB) Viewed 5162 times

Post Reply