Natinal Rifle Association member? why/why not?

Cardinal Fan

Natinal Rifle Association member? why/why not?

Post by Cardinal Fan » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:09 pm

One aspect that is important to me as a gun owner and hunter, is the National Rifle Association.

During my research for a GSP, I have found some breeders/hunters are not NRA members. I even know members of Pheasants Forever and Qauil Unlimited Organizations, who do not belong to the NRA. This is why I posted the question.

Personally, I would never purchase a hunting dog from a breeder if they were not a member of the NRA. If it was not for the NRA, we would not have the gun freedoms that we do. I have heard the old argument way too many times, "I am just a duck hunter or Pheasant hunter, they will never take my guns away." I think this thinking is totally wrong.

I am not saying that breeders who are not members of the NRA are not good people. I am just stating that I want to spend money on a person or business that believes gun rights and hunting rights go hand in hand. I also buy American made products, if possible.

In closing, lets hear your views as a breeder or bird dog owner on the NRA. You a member or not a member of the NRA, why or why not?

yours truly,

Cardinal Fan

pear

Post by pear » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:14 pm

NRA Life Member, in hopes they will be able to lobby for my gun rights and the second amendment.......... We as gun owners need all the help we can get this day in age. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Casper

Post by Casper » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:16 pm

I am life member also.

Cardinal Fan

Post by Cardinal Fan » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:30 pm

2 thumbs up to Pear and Casper......glad to see I am not the only hunter who believes in the NRA.

Still curious to hear from hunters/breeders who are members and who are not and why?

Go Cardinals.....& GSP's....

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:41 pm

I am not a life member but have been a member most of my life. And I too think it is extremely important that we band together to protect our 2nd amendment rights. It is a shame that we have people trying to take them away and they will succeed as more and more of our population grows up in the city and have no understanding of responsible gun ownership or use..

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

muckmuck

Post by muckmuck » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:05 pm

I for one feel that the NRA has lost sight of it's core members and has become just another tool in the ultra conservative tool box. In my opinion the NRA's political agenda has done more to take gun's out of the hand's of working class American's than any law ever has.

Max

P.S. I also feel that this thread is totally inaappropriate on a board that has such a friendly reputation and hope that my post along with the rest of this thread is promptly sent into the nether regions of cyber space by the administrator of this board!!

rkalgren

Post by rkalgren » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:17 pm

Life member here also. We have seen too many countries take away peoples guns that we decided to try and stop it from happening here. We just don't buy the "it can't happen here". It can and will unless the NRA is around to continue the fight.

pear

Post by pear » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:36 pm

muckmuck, I certainly respect your opinion, along with your right to express it freely, here or elsewhere. However the question was ask in a legitimate, and respectful manner, and all response/answers have been made in a very respectful manner. As long as that remains the case the thread and all of it's posts will remain, and a friendly discussion will be allowed to continue. ..."pear" Board Moderator
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Cardinal Fan

Post by Cardinal Fan » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:49 pm

muckmuck wrote:I for one feel that the NRA has lost sight of it's core members and has become just another tool in the ultra conservative tool box. In my opinion the NRA's political agenda has done more to take gun's out of the hand's of working class American's than any law ever has.

Max

P.S. I also feel that this thread is totally inaappropriate on a board that has such a friendly reputation and hope that my post along with the rest of this thread is promptly sent into the nether regions of cyber space by the administrator of this board!!

Max,

Glad to hear you speak your mind. Democracy is alive and well.

I only posted the question, as gun owners and hunters are on constant attack by groups such as Brady Center and PETA. If these two groups had their way, their would be no gun ownership or hunting. That is a fact or do you dispute that?

Do I agree with everything the NRA does? No. Do I believe they represent the core beliefs of what gun ownership is in this country? You bet I do. I say this as a gun owner and a hunter.

I am curious to why you believe "the NRA's political agenda has done more to take gun's out of the hand's of working class American's than any law ever has." What factual proof do you have or is this just simply a personal belief?

Lastly, I think my question was a vaild one as a hunter and gun owner. I say this for a couples reasons. First, without guns, hunting would be a lot different than it is today. Secondly, the NRA spends millions promoting the sport of shooting and hunting. I emphasize the word millions, that is a fact. Wether a hunter realizes it or not, the NRA does directly and indirectly affect him or her in a positive way.

Yes, this is a friendly board and I am sure it will stay this way. Discussing this topic is no different than some of the other topics I have seen. This is a topic of debate, just like others I have seen. Brady Campaign and PETA members ARGUE, we tend to be more friendly........we prefer to debate. If debating a issue in a friendly manner is inappropriate, then I do not want to be a member of such a forum. This topic is a debate only and should not be thrown into cyber space, as you believe. I expect others, wether a NRA member or not, would view debating the same. Arguing and debating are two different issues....

In closing, I just think some folks believe the NRA owes us hunters/gun owners. Kind of like what old JFK said "ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." What can we hunters do to keep our gun and hunting rights? As a gun owner and a hunter, I just want to make sure I conitnue to have them rights and that future generations have them also. The outdoors is such a wonderful thing, I just hope it is never taken away from us.

Cardinal Fan :wink:

Mntngoat

Post by Mntngoat » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:12 pm

Life Member Here Too. They Are The Loudest Voice We Have.

Michael
Last edited by Mntngoat on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

muckmuck

Post by muckmuck » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:27 pm

Cardinal Fan, I find myself having to back up on the idea that this topic should be jettisoned,it's just that I have seen other groups on various topics fractured irreparably once national politics are drug into the mix. I really enjoy reading this board, and even though I have not contributed much I have learned alot, and looking at the way this group has kept within reasonable boundaries on the black GSP issue says alot for the members here.
I am in construction and am lucky to live in an area that the economic policies of the current regime haven't been able to shut down as they have so many other areas of this country. I have watched literally thousands af working class men and women flock to Las Vegas looking for work without even unemployment benefits, these peoples guns are long gone to pay the mortgage or in some cases to just feed the kids. I watched the NRA convince good hard working American men and women to vote for a regime that had no interest in keeping Americans working, and what did they get for their vote? a spot in the unemployment line and a chance to start over at the bottom without any real health or retirement benefits. I consider myself neither liberal or conservative what I am is first and foremost a workingman and I see in the NRA a group that has abandoned the workingman and sold out to the conservative ideology of corporate America.

Max

pear

Post by pear » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:53 pm

muckmuck, Very tastefully presented. I'm sure there will be those who will agree (in all or part) and those that will disagree the same. However as long as the posts continue as they have to this point we can have a great discussion thread, and get along just fine. Thanks for your contribution. ...."pear"

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:22 pm

I quess I'm lucky too. I live in an area where we can't find enough people to fill the jobs available and the economy has picked up for several years now. We have manufactures crying for help and cant find people qualified to fill the jobs. But if someone feels the people who support gun ownership are ruining the job market it would be a hard decission what to do.

But gee, I don't think you can blame a gun club for supporting the people who will allow us to keep our guns. Thats the job we hire them to do.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

TOOTALL

Post by TOOTALL » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:42 pm

I used to belong, no longer do. I paid my dues, told them to keep their magazine, and put the money to good use. What I got was repeated attempts by both phone and mail asking for more money. I asked them to stop calling and quit mailing me stuff except for the annual renewal as this costs the organization money that could be put to better use. Would they stop? Only after I refused to renew my membership.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:59 pm

Tootall,

I had that same complaint but they stopped after I told them I would drop my memebership too if they didnt stop. I haven't had a call now for many months and probably only a couple in the past two or three years. It did get old though for a while.

Ezzy

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:31 am

I am not an NRA member, but I do belong to the Illinois State Rifle Association. With the current political climate in my state, I feel my money is better spent closer to home ( Illinois is one of only 2 states w/o any ccw provisions). The leaders of my fine state are currently trying to push more anti-gun laws through than you could shake a stick grenade at!

Cardinal Fan

Post by Cardinal Fan » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:13 am

MuckMuck,
Glad to hear from you. See, we can debate in a polite and educated way. Your beliefs are respected and I understand why you have your beliefs.
This being said however, the NRA suports politicans who supports gun rights. That means they support Republicans, Independents and Democrats. I agree that the NRA tends to support Republicans more than the other two parties, but they strictly support "gun owners rights." For example, the NRA strongly supports New Mexico Democrat Governor Bill Richardson. Plus, 30 years ago the Democrat party was progun. The Democractic party's "platform" turned against the gun owners, not gun owners against the Democratic party.
Personally, I have voted for all 3 parties and will conitnue to do so. I know I have been called a one issue voter at times, but I just feel strongly about gun ownership.
I feel for the folks of New Orleans when the mayor outlawed all gun ownership to crack down on the violence. The NRA has since filed a federal lawsuit against the mayor, etc. In fact, they filed suit in federal court when martial law was called upon and the judged ruled it was illegal to take guns away from New Orleans residents.
I respect your views Muck, I just disagree is all. Back to my main point, I just would never buy a hunting dog of any sort from a breeder who was not a member of the NRA is all. Nothing personal, I just want to support folks who supports my rights as a gun owner/hunter.

TOOTALL,
I understand your post also. Let me say this much, as I spoke to the executive vice president of the NRA Wayne LaPierre about the complaint you posed. I met him about 5 years ago and got to speak to him indepth, one on one. When I told him I know many members tired of the phones calls and mailings, he said this "we do the mailings because we make a million dollars off of each mailing." In other words, many mailings will get thrown into the trash, but they do it because they know money is to be made.
He also said "you could be following laws that Sarah Brady pushed for if we did not have the money to do our job."
That was good enough reasons for me. Yes, I hate the phone calls, mailings, etc........but that is way better than hunting with bows or not being able to protect ones life/family.

Vizsla Vince,
I feel for you and all other residents of Illinois. Your governor is one individual who simply has no use for gun owners, hunters and conservation.
Last year, he tried to outlaw 12, 16 and 20 gauge shotguns based on his .50 caliber diameter bill.......where anything .50 or larger was banned. I know he is up to the same thing again this year, even though they do not have the votes yet. Last year, it failed by 3 votes.
Gun owners do not care for him. Conservation officers do not care for him. Police officers do not care for him. You definetly have your hands full in that state. You need to get rid of him and Chicago's mayor.....they are simply bad news for gun owners.
If it was not for down state Democrats voting against gun control measures, Illinois gun ownership would hardly exist. Keep supporting the Illinois State Rifle Association, they need all the help they can get.

Cardinal Fan :wink:

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:13 am

I am a card carrying member and would like to tell all of you to give more not less. Living in California I know we are using a lot of your money to handle issue brought on by groups here, who don't want you to have guns. It takes a lot of money to handle all of this in are court system, to have people available who know how to go through the court system to protect us from something sneaking through.
economic policies of the current regime haven't been able to shut down as they have so many other areas of this country
I don't understand this. In my area we are working hard and growing faster than I like. The unempolyment rate is low across this nation, sure there are areas that aren't growing as fast , but that has a lot more to do with local goverment. Take the growth in Las Vegas don't you think the local goverment has greater impact on the growth than the federal goverment.

Health benefits = Trial Lawyers enough said.
Billy
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change"

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=147

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=152

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:40 pm

Vizsla Vince wrote:I am not an NRA member, but I do belong to the Illinois State Rifle Association. With the current political climate in my state, I feel my money is better spent closer to home ( Illinois is one of only 2 states w/o any ccw provisions). The leaders of my fine state are currently trying to push more anti-gun laws through than you could shake a stick grenade at!
And Vince we have a chance to oust the current idiot for a new one this November!

I too am a life member of the NRA, for may of the same reasons others have stated. I don't get the calls all the time but I do get the mailings which don't bother me.
I have thought of joining the Illinois State Rifle Association but haven't yet, I really should but i've been to lazy thus far!

Flyingm

Post by Flyingm » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:41 pm

I am a member (but not life). My dad is a life member. I have used my NRA membership to get discounts at motels. That can come in handy on hunting trips.

I support the NRA's political agenda, too. :D :D :D
Proud to be a Rakkasan!

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:28 pm

Lifetime Member here. While I generally believe lobbying and lobbyists are a small step up from cockroaches. These guys do way more tha protetcing my 2nd amendment rights, thye protect one of the foundations of freedom and liberty that makes this country what it is. It's not perfect but way better than most places to live because of the checks and balances that the BIll of Rights, including the 2nd amendment are part of.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:36 pm

Might I suggest, for those that follow the NRA's political agendas, to give this site a visit:

http://saova.org/

The Sportsmen's and Animal Owners' Voting Alliance.

They have plenty of information on there, broken down by State, to inform a person on the voting record of legislators based on both Second Amendment rights and animal rights. Think about what the HSUS is trying to do to our ability to continue hunting - and how it has nothing really to do with gun ownership.

Here's a quote from the SAOVA site on the topic of political endorsements shared by the NRA and the HSUS:
The NRA's near-exclusive concern is Second Amendment gun ownership related. Politicians who supported its campaign finance position, assault weapon ban repeal, fought gun show purchase licensing, et al, appear to have had their anti-hunting, anti-animal ownership votes waived.
I am not an NRA member. I believe my dad is or was. I would probably be more likely to join the Illinois State Rifle Association before the NRA, but I haven't enough information on either to form a complete opinion. I just try to do what I can on a more local level for now. Being in school still means I don't have a lot to give, and if I do give it's usually to some organization to protect wildlife habitat like Phesants Forever or Quail Unlimited.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:01 pm

I am not a member, have not been and never will be. I hate being bothered all the freakin time for money to fight a nationwide political battle with special interest groups. I too fight the battles at the local level. I also feel that for the money I am going to donate is not enough of a guarantee to protect my rights. Just my $.02 I don't feel that I get a fair return on my investment.

Cardinal Fan

Post by Cardinal Fan » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:19 pm

Ayres,

Thanks for the information!

In terms of the NRA, my "personal? view is very simple;

1. Without guns, bird hunting or hunting in general would hardly exist.

2. Without guns, one could not protect their lives, etc.

3. The NRA spends millions on gun safety, shooting sports and promoting "hunting."

4. The NRA originated in 1871 to promote firearm training for soldiers. Ever since that date, the NRA has always supported our troops 100%, Law Enforcement, hunting, shooting and personal protection. I think a lot of people really do not realize just how much they do for gun owners AND hunters.

Here is a link, quick history on NRA:
http://www.nrahq.org/history.asp

On a side note Ayres, you better start supporting some pro-gun organization in Illinois because your governor Blagojevich DOES NOT like guns nor hunters. Even your Conservation officers will inform you of that, talk to any of them.

I understand the cost of being in school also, been there done that. Just do what you can do.......some is better than nothing.

Cardinal Fan

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:14 pm

Buckeye,

We are a special interest group the same as everyone else is. Anytime you have an interest in getting something done and more than just you want it you part of a special interest group. Don't know where or when that became a bad thing since everyone wants to part of one that advances their desires, but dont think other interest groups shold do the same thing I guess.

Gun owners are a special interest, farmers are a special interest, and every other group too.

Ezzy

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:46 pm

CF

I know about IL politics, and I also know about the upcoming election in November. :wink:

I do, from time to time, go to the meetings of a gun organization (Champaign County Rifle Association - http://gunssavelife.com ), but I can't even do that now because I have class during their monthly meetings.

The best thing anyone can do is to inform themselves as constituants and vote accordingly. That, I believe, is the only absolutely necessary thing to do. All the monetary support, lobbying, and internet political debating is extra. Don't get me wrong -- I do my fair share of internet political debating and even a little personal lobbying with my State reps from time to time -- but becoming a member of the NRA just isn't at the top of my priority list yet. Maybe in a few months when things calm down around the homestead.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Richard *UT*

Post by Richard *UT* » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:55 am

Back to my main point, I just would never buy a hunting dog of any sort from a breeder who was not a member of the NRA is all. Nothing personal, I just want to support folks who supports my rights as a gun owner/hunter.
For me picking a dog has to due with the quality of the breeding as well as the desired end result of the breeder. That is it. Everyone makes thier decisions based on something. Politics has nothing to due with they way I make my decisions on the dog I want. My .02
Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1618

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:41 am

I for one dont care if a breeder belongs to NRA. I dont belong for my own reasons. The dogs lines, are far more important to me as a hunter than if the person doing the breeding is a nra member.

I can protect myself without a gun too :) some have said I am a weapon all on my own, well kinda like the three stooges are a weapon :) same thing. Watch out when I am on a ladder :) with a paint bucket.....

Now if they do not cheer for the huskers :) that is serious.....

Not really, I am not a fan, just injected that, some around here have shrines in their houses to coach tom :)
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Cardinal Fan

Post by Cardinal Fan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:36 pm

Richard *UT* wrote:
Back to my main point, I just would never buy a hunting dog of any sort from a breeder who was not a member of the NRA is all. Nothing personal, I just want to support folks who supports my rights as a gun owner/hunter.
For me picking a dog has to due with the quality of the breeding as well as the desired end result of the breeder. That is it. Everyone makes thier decisions based on something. Politics has nothing to due with they way I make my decisions on the dog I want. My .02

Richard,
I totally understand and respect your views on how you pick a dog. I also believe in picking any hunting dog based on the qaulity of breeder and the desired end result.

I just know for a fact that millions of dollars are spent by the NRA to support gun ownership and hunting in this counrty. Yes, the NRA'S main priority is to protect the second amendment. I also know that they spend "millions" on hunting aspects each and every year also.

Kind of like this. If I worked for Browning Shotgun Company, I would not be buying Remington guns. That is all I was saying.

I do have a couple questions for you though, are you a member of the NRA or not and why?
Secondly, do you belong to "any" outdoor organizations (Phesant Forever, etc)........if so or not, why?

Just curious.

Yours truly,

Cardinal fan

Cardinal Fan

Post by Cardinal Fan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:40 pm

markj wrote:I for one dont care if a breeder belongs to NRA. I dont belong for my own reasons. The dogs lines, are far more important to me as a hunter than if the person doing the breeding is a nra member.
May I ask why you do not belong to the NRA? I mean I just like to know why a gun owner/hunter would not spend $25.00 to join the NRA considering they bust their butts against folks who want our guns and indirectly against groups like PETA.

Not arguing, just debating.....

Cardinal Fan

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:34 pm

[
And Vince we have a chance to oust the current idiot for a new one this November!

![/quote]

DO NOT get me started!!!!! It's enough to drive a man to Florida!!!But all the same, things never change if WE don't change them!

GsPJustin

Post by GsPJustin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:41 pm

You know. Im only 15 years old, And i love to hunt, train bird dogs, and all the other great stuff that comes along with owning guns. My dad totally hates gun but i always ask him to vote in there favor. I live in california where A LOT of people do not like the idea of guns, but to ban guns is not only violating our rights and the constitution. Its corrupting some young minds. I know that if my uncle would have not taken me hunting when i was younger I would not be hear talking to you all today Im not sure exaclty where i would be but i could definately be somewhere worse like doing drugs and whatnot.... Im for gun ownership, NOT FOR THE MISSUSE!!! But i cannot wait until im old enuff to Join and support the NRA and anyone else who is help us and protects our rights.

I havent had a chance to go much but just like most of you are in your trucks and 4:30am waiting for hunting season to open. Im waiting for my chance to go. Really It would kill me to have guns and hunting tooken from me before i have had the chance to sink my teeth into it.

My though is as so. We will not always beable to stop gun violence or anykind of violence, but to ban Ownership and possesion of guns would be like banning fists for boxers!

I believe that it will solve nothing but more illegal activity such as smuggling.

I WANT TO GO HUNTING! With my own pup, and my own gun, and on my own time. Support who you can to keep that around

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:57 pm

GsPJustin wrote:
I WANT TO GO HUNTING! With my own pup, and my own gun, and on my own time. Support who you can to keep that around
AMEN , BROTHER!!!!!!!!!
Out of the mouths of babes...

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:44 am

why a gun owner/hunter would not spend $25.00 to join the NRA considering they bust their butts against folks who want our guns and indirectly against groups like PETA.
Several years ago, maybe 15 or so, they opened up a refuge to black powder deer, well PETA sent in their "big guns" one was on a talk radio show, I called in and spoke with her. She is insane in my mind, after a bit she was yellin at me and screaminf stuff live on the air :) we passed laws against their activities here in Iowa nad Nebr. It is very against the law to attempt to disrupt any hunter. Where was NRA? not here, never. We fight off PETA all by ourselves.

I own a car but do not belong to any car clubs.....

I own a bow but do not belong to any bow clubs.

I own cattle, dont belong to any cow clubs.

I may join up with Pheas forever tho.

Shot my first gun in 1964...
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

OhioOnPoint

Post by OhioOnPoint » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:38 am

You all can have my gun --

When you take it from my cold dead fingers.

Wesley Boothe

Post by Wesley Boothe » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:59 am

I have been reading this thread and was wondering.....

Is VP Chenney an NRA member??

How many NRA supporters bashed him after his shooting incident??

If you are an NRA member and shoot someone should you lose your membership??

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:53 pm

This thread is walking the dangerous line of crossing into political territory, and has actually crossed over a time or two. Because of this the moderators feel that this thread should be locked. Our goal is not to stifle productive conversation, but this topic should be moved to a more proper venue - namely, some forum that deals with gun ownership and allows political discussion. If a new thread is created on some other forum, we will gladly post a link here so that all members who wish to continue in the political debates about the NRA may be able to do so.

We appreciate how this membership has allowed discussion thus far without erupting into flames, but this is one instance where we must not "play with matches" if we are to maintain the atmoshpere we hold so dear on this forum. I hope everyone can understand, and this thread is now locked (pending a link to another forum for continued discussion.)

Thank you,
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com