Butt juice..

media310

Butt juice..

Post by media310 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:07 pm

My little girl has some foul smelling juice coming out of her butt. I noticed a spot on the couch that was rancid. Any ideas? Do I need to have the vet "express her glands" She has been trying to lick it up, even worse.. There goes the kisses, yuck

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Butt juice..

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Anal glands. You might try giving her high fibre treats or adding a dollop of cooked oatmeal to her food.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:30 pm

I express my dogs' anal glands monthly. No need to pay a vet. If they get infected , you have a problem.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

KFhunter

Post by KFhunter » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:34 pm

BAHAHA

I remember when my dog was a year or so old she had this happen too, I was sitting there in the chair watching some movie then all the sudden my pup is yarping and sprinting across the room..wife and look at eachother like "whaaa??"

then the pup very cautiously starts heading back to the spot she was at under the table, looks at us then her nose back at us and heads to the table slowly creeping back.

Then I smell it ewwww

seems she'd been digging at her butt, then sprayed herself in the nose and scared herself silly

baaha we were both laughing, and gagging

Fireside

Post by Fireside » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Sharon wrote:I express my dogs' anal glands monthly. No need to pay a vet. If they get infected , you have a problem.
Sounds to me like they might be infected. Normal glands don;t just leak for no reason, and they should not need to be expressed often if at all. See your vet and have her checked.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Fireside wrote:
Sharon wrote:I express my dogs' anal glands monthly. No need to pay a vet. If they get infected , you have a problem.
Sounds to me like they might be infected. Normal glands don;t just leak for no reason, and they should not need to be expressed often if at all. See your vet and have her checked.
My vet said to do it monthly, before the butt dragging starts.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

gsp3333

Post by gsp3333 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Had a problem with my Lab. when she was eating Canidae. Never had an issue before we started feeding Canidae, changed her over to Blue Buff. and never had another problem. Now feeding Premium Edge by Diamond and still no problems.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 pm

I remember the vet saying maybe at bath time, give a little squeeze to the outside edge of the anus. This helps release pressure, and usually over time goes away....unless it's so bad you need to take her to the vet.

Onk

Post by Onk » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:49 am

I have no expertise or words of andvice on this, but with a title like "Butt juice" one can't help but stop and read to see what this was all about! Great title! :lol: :mrgreen:
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:54 am

Anal glands need expressing. May be infected at this point.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:51 am

Stop by the vet's office and ask them to show you how to express the glands. My vet says it should not be necessary to express glands except for once in a great while. He is of the opinion that expressing them yourself each month will lead to problems with the dog. He also recommended a higher fiber diet. I just add raw carrots into the mix and haven't had problems since then.

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:59 am

Just make sure if you express them yourself your whistle isn't hanging off your neck down in front of the dogs butt. I learned this the hard way :oops:

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:14 am

ALRIGHT...ALRIGHT...ALRIGHT
I avoided clicking on this for the better part of 24 hours, trying to take the high road. As many of you know I am working dilligently on my maturity and my reputation. The title is nothing less than hideous and while the content has utilitarian purpose for the original poster, a fair number of the responses only served to magnify the gag reflex one might get reading the title. With this in mind, and for the first time since joining I would like to suggest to the site owners a new category entitled something to the effect of:

Questions and Comments That Should Not be Read During or Within One Hour of A Meal, Snack or Drink of Water
Don't Look! This Made 9 Out of 10 Turkey Vultures Shudder
This Content Not Meant For Site Members Who See the Dentist With any Regularity Such as Once a Decade
Tasteful Nudes of Forum Members Over 70

...something just anything that will keep people with reasonable sensibilities from clicking on a post

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:56 am

Dirtysteve wrote:Just make sure if you express them yourself your whistle isn't hanging off your neck down in front of the dogs butt. I learned this the hard way :oops:

Too funny. ROFLMBO

asc

Post by asc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:33 am

Gives a WHOLE new meaning to the term "Express Yourself" :twisted: :mrgreen:
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:14 pm

I must be neglecting my dogs, never felt the need to give their rear end a squeeze.....
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Gross, but works!

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Ahumphers91a wrote:Gross, but works!
I think he meant "Gross butt works" ehhhhhhhh.... ehhhhhhh.... :roll:

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 pm

I was gonna say pun intended..... LOL

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 pm

KFhunter wrote:BAHAHA

I remember when my dog was a year or so old she had this happen too, I was sitting there in the chair watching some movie then all the sudden my pup is yarping and sprinting across the room..wife and look at eachother like "whaaa??"

then the pup very cautiously starts heading back to the spot she was at under the table, looks at us then her nose back at us and heads to the table slowly creeping back.

Then I smell it ewwww

seems she'd been digging at her butt, then sprayed herself in the nose and scared herself silly

baaha we were both laughing, and gagging
I peed a little reading that story hahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

midwestfisherman

Post by midwestfisherman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:44 am

This thread has great potential!
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:48 am

I think I just woke up my wife while laughing re-reading this stuff! You are some funny peeps! :lol:
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

media310

Post by media310 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:02 am

Leave it to a newspaper editor to come up with a catchy title.. Sometimes I forget to switch out of media mode :)

Update: I have been trail running with my little girl a lot lately and I think she is not taking enough time to boop! She is always running in front of me on the trail. When I catch up to her and she's pooping she will instantly start running again, even in mid poop.

She has a very unique squat, I will try and get a photo next time. She will put her feet together (all 4) and gets her "bleep" so low to the ground when pooping. It looks goofy as can be, I have no idea how she balances in the act.

I have read good and bad about the Anal gland expressing ( wtf I thought I was just adopting a cute puppy?) Now I have to make this stuff come out of her butt, insert (gag reflexes) now.. So I may just wait a while and see what happens.

Turns out this dog thing is a fulltime job.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:47 am

The problem you describe is OFTEN caused or associated with soft stools or too little of a stool. The feeds that everyone shuns because the dog has too much stool will solve the problem in most cases. Fiber is included in the food and the guaranteed analysis because it is important for the dogs overall health. This is just one of the things we run into when we make the decision that how much poop we have to clean up is more important than what the dog needs.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:00 am

No matter how large or small the stool is, if it is not sufficiently hard enough to be pressed on by the dog's butt muscles, the glands wont express normally. The longer this goes on the greater the chance this becomes chronic.

I have used raw and some commercial products with as litter as 1% fiber and never had a dog suffer this problem.

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:37 am

:lol: with a title like that... I just KNEW I wouldn't be dissapointed... :lol: had the problem with my lab too... don't let it get too bad. See a vet for the first time and learn how to do it yourself... great block of instruction, trust me... the dog will be thrilled... gotta go pick the rest of my chereeo's out of my nose, cuz I was reading the thread during my breakfast!.. "Don"t let yer whistle hang down"... too funny! :lol:
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

mcclinj

Post by mcclinj » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 am

I made the whistle mistake this morning while cleaning up a pile. The morning training session ended quickly thereafter.

-John

KFhunter

Post by KFhunter » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

mcclinj wrote:I made the whistle mistake this morning while cleaning up a pile. The morning training session ended quickly thereafter.

-John
before or after you blew the whistle?

lol

mcclinj

Post by mcclinj » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm afraid that's classified....haha

-John

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 pm

mcclinj wrote:I'm afraid that's classified....haha