SHHH DONT TELL MY HUSBAND!!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

SHHH DONT TELL MY HUSBAND!!

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:40 pm

We went to CABELAS in michigan the other day with hubby and the kids, my husband REALLY liked a certain item, he picked it up and looked at it about 5 times and said "MAN THIS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE, BUT ITS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE" so we continued on with our day with the kids, had supper, ate some kettle corn, saw a truck show and headed home..well, today i ran back to CABELAS by myself and picked it up for him for FATHERS DAY..i cant wait to give it to him, thought id share what i got him for being such a great husband and father..of course he will get a nice dinner out with our family at his favorite restaurant and lots of homemade gifts from our kids too...i think he will be really surprised and quite happy :mrgreen: ....ruth

GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Ahumphers91a

Re: SHHH DONT TELL MY HUSBAND!!

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:20 pm

WOW, what a wonderful wife!

HDAU

Post by HDAU » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:44 pm

What an awesome Fathers Day present! I don't know what is better, getting him what he wants, or listening enough to know.

Pryor Creek Okie

Post by Pryor Creek Okie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Do you have any sisters?

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 pm

I guess your husband does not get on GDF!!!!
brenda

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 am

Thanks guys i think he will love it and be really surprised :D im really so excited to give it to him..im REALLY bad at waiting to give gifts, i always cave and give them early even to the kids at christmas :lol: but this one im holding out for!!..@snips, na he dont come on here, this is our busy season so hes too busy right now (we own a construction company)..and just in case he gets the idea of having a look on here i changed the password on the computer :twisted: ive got 1 more week of waiting to go until HAPPY FATHERS DAY :D ...ruth

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:33 am

If I sent my wife up there could you train her while you train Jersey?

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:34 am

sniff... sniff... I got a tear in my eye... lucky feller he is... :lol:
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

jlowery

Post by jlowery » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:37 am

My wife needs to board also, whens a good time for availability???? HAHAHA!!!!! I asked for PS PF for B-Day, and even emailed her Steve Snell site... And what does she do, orders it from Perf Kennels.... Took for ever, and she only bought PS.... Ugh... HA!! I was still very greatful for the gift, Ordered PF myself from GDS, and was here in two days... Great DVD's by the way, Pups are really takin to this work....

PS... She doesn't take kindly to a heavy hand, and gets kinda aggresive, might need updated Rabies shot.... HAHAHA!!!! couldn't resist... JK!!!!

BIGINNER

Post by BIGINNER » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm

i think you need to be friends with my wie. lol

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:54 pm

my husband was telling me a while ago that he thinks we are going to have to buy jersey an ecollar soon, so he said to look on the forum for a used one at a "good price" :roll: ..maybe i should have EMS standing by when he opens it and remembers the price :lol: ....ruth

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 pm

you go girl. My wife will be there next week. I will crate her up and send her favorite food. How long do you think the training will take? she is a great wife but doesn't understand a bird dog owner.

Joe

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:21 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:Thanks guys i think he will love it and be really surprised :D im really so excited to give it to him..im REALLY bad at waiting to give gifts, i always cave and give them early even to the kids at christmas :lol: but this one im holding out for!!..@snips, na he dont come on here, this is our busy season so hes too busy right now (we own a construction company)..and just in case he gets the idea of having a look on here i changed the password on the computer :twisted: ive got 1 more week of waiting to go until HAPPY FATHERS DAY :D ...ruth
What setting do you use when you put it on him?

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:45 pm

My wife asked me what I wanted for Father's Day and I told her peace and quiet so she went down and bought plane tickets to Pennsylvania for her and my 2 heathens. Joe the kids like hot dogs and the wife will eat whatever you feed her as long as it is not on the dollar menu. I will call you with their arrival time next week. :lol:

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:42 am

you will have your husband trained in no time with that collar.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:11 am

:lol: i dont use a collar on hubby, i prefer to use a cattle prod instead (alot more fun for me) :mrgreen: ...honestly i dont know how anybody could NOT love birddogs, hunting and training..im truely addicted, if im not doing it, im reading about it or talking about it..my hubby has been in it his hole life and says im more addicted then anyone hes ever met :D i have to be totally honest, there is a method to my madness, when i buy him gifts (such as his mossberg 835 ulti-mag) i benefit too cause anything i REALLY like i get it for him and its mine too :twisted: not such a great wife after all am i :oops: ??....ruth

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:55 am

Pryor Creek Okie wrote:Do you have any sisters?

x2

Way to go Ruth! I have a wife much like you I'd say, but I do have a buddy that could really stand an upgrade if you have a sister or two! :lol:
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:10 am

you bought him an 835 AND an ecollar??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: oh wow!.. It's time my wife and I went to a marriage counselor... things arn't as good as I thought... :cry:
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:11 am

GUNDOGS wrote:We went to CABELAS in michigan the other day with hubby and the kids, my husband REALLY liked a certain item, he picked it up and looked at it about 5 times and said "MAN THIS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE, BUT ITS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE" so we continued on with our day with the kids, had supper, ate some kettle corn, saw a truck show and headed home..well, today i ran back to CABELAS by myself and picked it up for him for FATHERS DAY..i cant wait to give it to him, thought id share what i got him for being such a great husband and father..of course he will get a nice dinner out with our family at his favorite restaurant and lots of homemade gifts from our kids too...i think he will be really surprised and quite happy :mrgreen: ....ruth

Do you have a sister who is single ?? :lol:

Rob
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:56 am

SHORTFAT wrote:you bought him an 835 AND an ecollar??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: oh wow!.. It's time my wife and I went to a marriage counselor... things arn't as good as I thought... :cry:
the 835 i bought him years ago when we were dating :D ive bought him tonnes of things over the years for hunting, fishing and tools for working..we like the same things so its pretty easy for me to know what he likes :wink: ..as far as having sisters i have 5, none single but 2 of them are married to men who hunt and fish and my brother in laws always borrow my stuff but dont return it half the time :x .. i love fishing, especially ice fishing and my brother in law ROBERT liked my shanny so he went and bought one (without my sister knowing) and when she asked him where he got it he said it was MINE :roll: he should have told me about his plan to lie so when she asked me about it i would know what to say :? ....ruth

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:28 am

Read my earlier post to my wife and she thought I was out of line about my buddies wife.....so I take it all back and will reserve her a kennel space for your training if you have the space for her! I just thought it might be easier to get rid of her to a loving home of a home body type guy and by buddy could make a new go of it with a sister of yours Ruth! I guess I was really wrong because I even got "THE LOOK" if you know what I mean.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Onk wrote:Read my earlier post to my wife and she thought I was out of line about my buddies wife.....so I take it all back and will reserve her a kennel space for your training if you have the space for her! I just thought it might be easier to get rid of her to a loving home of a home body type guy and by buddy could make a new go of it with a sister of yours Ruth! I guess I was really wrong because I even got "THE LOOK" if you know what I mean.

:lol: :lol: uh oh, "THE LOOK" is the just the warning to your pillows being put on the couch so be careful :P ...ruth

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 am

You must be my wifes long lost sis :) she buys me stuff like shotguns, hunting stuff. Man things, not socks or undies, never a tie... good for you, I bet yours will be a long marriage as ours has been.

Have fun but try to use it on the lowest levels, it is same as spanking a kid....kinda :)
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935