Early fireworks

Ahumphers91a

Early fireworks

Post by Ahumphers91a » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:38 pm

God I hate early fireworks...LOL, So my male just popped his kennel door because I forgot to put the lock on it, and got in with his son. Yes, they had an arguement... :mrgreen: No injuries. But these "bleep" people are doing fireworks at 10:30pm (past noise curfew). My male heard the noise and wanted to go hunting. Oh well, in the end it was my fault for not putting the lock on the latch of the kennel. Just felt like a good ramble.

volraider

Re: Early fireworks

Post by volraider » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:02 am

If the dog has been hunted over and birds killed for it I think fireworks is a non-issue. I have 2 females that are scared to death of fireworks and thunder but love to hunt and a shotgun blast. If I had a puppy or a dog that hadn't been hunted a lot I would take some precautions.

Brian

Vman

Post by Vman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:07 am

ITS THE 4TH OF JULY FOLKS, PUT THE DOGS AWAY! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR YOUR DOG TO SEE FIREWORKS.NOTHING GOOD CAN HAPPEN. PUT THEM IN THE BASEMENT AND GO ENJOY THE SHOW. IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE RISK TO PROVE ME WRONG.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:03 am

None of my dogs like fireworks. It's unreal. They don't target shooting either. But take the shotgun out and it's showtime.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:26 am

We like ZoomDog's Calm Dog and the Thundershirt.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 am

Not saying the dogs were scared, I think he thought I was hunting without him and he popped those cheap latches on the chainlink kennels.I usually wrap a chain around it so he can't because he has done it many times in the past, but I had forgotten and he got into his sons kennel lastnight. I heard em fighting from the basement, first thing I did was blast em with the hose and then separated them. Little turds. :)

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:48 am

Every dog I have hates em so they are put up for the party. Living out in the country I dont have that problem, my son lites some small stuff but nothing like in the city. They still hunt and are not gun shy so let em rip and I will watch. The stuff we shoot this saturday will be some nice stuff. My birthday is Monday :) so I celebrate to the max here. Used to think it was all for me, had birthday cake :) my name on it.... was 7 or 8 before I found out the truth. LOL
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Vman wrote:ITS THE 4TH OF JULY FOLKS, PUT THE DOGS AWAY! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR YOUR DOG TO SEE FIREWORKS.NOTHING GOOD CAN HAPPEN. PUT THEM IN THE BASEMENT AND GO ENJOY THE SHOW. IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE RISK TO PROVE ME WRONG.
Quit yelling.

What if you don't have a basement but the white trash renters next door are going to spend the last week's pay on fireworks?
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Quit yelling.
HE CANT BE HEARD OVER THE FIREWORKS :) unless he yells :) Some folks just dont care aobut yer dog. Cops dont even go on calls about fireworks here so what can you do other than take the dog to a safe place until it is over?
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:06 pm

ah Ahumphers91a, how I remember your pain. One of my duty stations was in SLC and you guys have the opportunity to deal with wingnuts with fireworks twice this month. My sympathies are with you. Thank goodness, oh my heck, that the Wasatch Front this year is still too green to burn up.

britspan

Post by britspan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:22 pm

My pup goes absolutely insane when a firework goes off.. Its not possible to keep her inside the house or she will run around in circles until I let her out in the yard.

JessiNGunther

Post by JessiNGunther » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 pm

This will be Gunther's first 4th of July so him and duke will come inside but we are so far out of town I don't think the dogs will have anything to worry about.
Life is best when you're Jeeping with your Family and Dogs
General Gunther Von Grants
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

Vman

Post by Vman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 pm

What if you don't have a basement but the white trash renters next door are going to spend the last week's pay on fireworks?
Move too a different trailer park.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Yeah, these utah'ns have have fireworks the fourth and twenty fourth

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 pm

displaced_texan wrote:
Vman wrote:ITS THE 4TH OF JULY FOLKS, PUT THE DOGS AWAY! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR YOUR DOG TO SEE FIREWORKS.NOTHING GOOD CAN HAPPEN. PUT THEM IN THE BASEMENT AND GO ENJOY THE SHOW. IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE RISK TO PROVE ME WRONG.
Quit yelling.

Throw some empty milk jugs and a couple of pieces of garden hose in their yard, call the county and say you smell a funky, foul odor near their house.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:53 pm

britspan wrote:My pup goes absolutely insane when a firework goes off.. Its not possible to keep her inside the house or she will run around in circles until I let her out in the yard.

My 3 dogs just thinks it's a gun going off. They perk their ears up and look at me as if to say, "Is their something to retrieve or did you miss again?"
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:
displaced_texan wrote:
Quit yelling.

Throw some empty milk jugs and a couple of pieces of garden hose in their yard, call the county and say you smell a funky, foul odor near their house.
I live in Creek County, there is like a 50% chance they are cooking!

Our street is 2 blocks long, woods on one side. Very quiet, everyone gets along and mostly keeps to themselves. Except these idiots.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:39 am

Ahumphers91a wrote:Yeah, these utah'ns have have fireworks the fourth and twenty fourth
I remember the 24th was a state holiday and not a federal one, so alot of the natives were ticked off that they didn't get it off. Maybe if Mitt gets to be Pres we will.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:45 am

http://dogblog.dogster.com/2011/07/01/1 ... -july-4th/

It isnt that hard to shield the dog from this.
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:13 am

I hate to be the "hater" here but be glad you get to see them. Fireworks for Independence Day are an American tradition. Where I live it is so dry and hot that the Sheriff has banned setting them off in the county and all the local towns have banned them in town. Some of the towns have even banned the selling of fireworks. Our office had to do a transport 100 miles back to Amarillo yesterday. The owner of the fireworks stand was not happy that he could not sell fireworks here and told the Sheriff he was not going to transport his fireworks all the way back to Amarillo so the Sheriff had a deputy load them up and haul them back down to Amarillo for the owner. :roll:

I don't care much for the Joe Schmoe idiot neighbor setting them off but a fireworks show organized by the fire department or local city government is always nice to take the kids to see. We won't even have that here. It is like living in Communist China out here. :(

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:18 am

Creek County? About the only good thing I can see about that is at least you don't live in McCurtain County. :lol:

Then you have weed fields and meth labs to deal with. :D