He's going to be ok......

bkidd79

He's going to be ok......

Post by bkidd79 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 am

I figured I would start that way so you all wouldn't have a stroke, lol. Scotch in all of his intelligence, unlocked and unlatched the privacy gate and got out. He was struck by a truck. The driver stopped and sought help. He said that he hit Scotch in the head and thought he went under the tires. He was hit hard enough to take the bumper off the truck. Scotch was bleeding from the mouth hevily and short gasping breaths. Tongue and gums a gray color. I rushed him to the Vet ER to find that he had a pnuemothorax (hole in his lung). They drained the air out of his chest and he was like brand new. Following commands appropriatley, pupils equal and reactive, tongue and gums a pretty pink. Not a single broken bone. 2 days later, can't even tell anything happened. We are having to give him sedatives just to keep him from rough housing. We need him to be down for 7-10 days and hes not having any of that. Its amazing to me how well he faired. The guy that Scotch ran in front of could not have been nicer and apologetic, even though it wasn't his fault.
So my FREE dog that I brag about, yeah not so free anymore!! lol Been a long couple of days.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: He's going to be ok......

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:27 am

Amazing..What a lucky dog
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:28 am

WOW!! thank goodness the guy at least stopped instead of pulling a hit and run..glad scotch is doing good and ya theyre never REALLY free :wink: ...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

jimssetters

Post by jimssetters » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 am

Iam happy your dog is ok. Sounds like he is very LUCKY. As we have all found out or will, there is no such thing as a free dog. Good luck with him.

bkidd79

Post by bkidd79 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:35 am

I guess now for the money I have spent i could have bought a really nice started dog, but wouldnt have had any of the satisfaction that I have now, lol

jmsgunner

Post by jmsgunner » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am

Wow! Glad he stopped and glad your pup is going to be okay. My BIL's dog got hit in front of my house, the person didn't stop... they sped up. I was so pissed. Though there were motorcycles and a bunch of guys in the driveway so maybe that is a reason why... Still...
Jackie & Gunner

Impressive Gewehr von Catskill - GSP - 4/19/2010
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3615

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 am

Wow, that brings back memories. Dad had 2 beautiful blue ticks go over an 8 foot tall fence . Headed for the highway and were both hit, flying onto the lady's windshield , causing her to swerve into the other lane and causing a car accident. Both dogs died and Dad was devastated.

I'm glad your dog is o-kay. You are blessed.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:54 pm

I lost a dog to a driver, she was a neighbor stopped and told me. I got a in ground electric fence for like 300 havent had any issues so far they stay in teh yard period.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

LincolnAlexander

Post by LincolnAlexander » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Glad he is okay!
CanCH Stonepoint's the Missing Link FD, RDX, V (Lincoln)
NorthLink Mattie's Bayou Shade NAVHDA NAII (108) (Shade)
NorthLink's Shaken Not Stirred NAVHDA NAI (112) (Olive)
http://www.northlinkweimaraners.com

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Scary story for sure, and all our worst nightmare for our dogs. So glad it ended well. Nice tough dog!

Dog 1 point, truck bumper 0 points!

(awesome the driver was so kind... )