UPDATE Terrible news story from South Dakota

windswept

UPDATE Terrible news story from South Dakota

Post by windswept » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 pm

A guy goes over to his neighbors house with a hammer and kills his GSP in it's kennel! Said it was barking too much.
Hope there's some real public outcry over this.
http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option=co ... d=57#video
Last edited by windswept on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

gittrdonebritts

Re: Terrible news story from South Dakota

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:48 pm

Just plain sickening that someone would do that.

Onk

Post by Onk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:57 pm

I can imagine someone getting so peaved that they take a gun and shoot a dog, still as sick, but to take a hammer and kill a dog like that? That had to be some out right rage going on there....very sad!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:57 pm

If I were the dog owner I beat the peace of "bleep" who beat my dog...excuse the language, breaks my heart!!!

Onk

Post by Onk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 pm

what language? I think bleep is allowed! :D

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Onk wrote:what language? I think bleep is allowed! :D
OK or the peace of feces who beat my dog :twisted:
Last edited by Ahumphers91a on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 pm

Outcry started. Thanks for the heads up.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:32 am

Some people are plain despicable. I have 33 acres about 9 miles West of town and I went out there Monday to put some wood scraps and stuff from my kennel project into the old silage pit. I left my pickup when I had unloaded everything and walked thru the trees to go and visit "Brownie" who I burried under a pasture tree last October. I have a marker I ordered for her that I haven't placed yet, but when I burried her I had fashioned a cross out of some wood and wired it to a stake so it wouldn't break or get blown over... As I was walking towards the tree I noticed the cross was not standing. Then upon walking up I seen it was broken and smashed to pieces, and then I seen a large piece of metal from a broken implement, and footprints. Evidentally some reject kid (I assume) felt the need to destroy the cross marking my dogs grave. I have run kids off of there before, but I can't be there 24/7 to monitor it.

I told my wife about it when I was headed home and she was heartbroken about it. I told her I wasn't sad about it as much as I was completely disgusted... I mean, WHO DOES THAT???!!! :roll: :evil: :(

Sorry, I didn't mean to get off the OP, It just reminded me, and It was kinda related in the way that some people need taken out and gassed for the betterment of the world.
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

Onk

Post by Onk » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:05 am

prairiefirepointers wrote:that some people need taken out and gassed for the betterment of the world.

I think you are right on the money Prairie!

settergal83

Post by settergal83 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:33 am

I'm starting to think that they should bring back 'an eye for an eye". Anyone ever harmed one of my babies I'd be in jail.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:50 am

settergal83 wrote:I'm starting to think that they should bring back 'an eye for an eye". Anyone ever harmed one of my babies I'd be in jail.
+1 :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: ...ruth

years ago (1973) my husbands uncle ROCKY had a shorthair named LOUIE and louie use to run free but not bother anyone, they had a bit of land and back then everyone let their dogs run loose around here, one day LOUIE came home with a garden rake broke off in his head :x , he was alive but very disoriented..he had to shoot his own dog to end his suffering and his uncle ROCKY was SO stressed out by the hole thing he had a heart attack and died a week later :( nobody ever found out who did it or why....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Byrdgirl

Post by Byrdgirl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:15 am

Omg....thats awful. I passed the story along to the Dog News Examiner online and on facebook. They take stories like this and get the word out. It's just sickening.
Follow our adventures at: http://gsphuntingdog.blogspot.com/
Hunting Dog Photography: http://byrddogphotography.com/

chiendog

Post by chiendog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:31 am

Meanwhile in Michigan, an alleged serial killer of dogs was arrested!!!

http://www.wlns.com/story/14984578/man- ... imal-abuse

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:52 am

It's a friend of ours that comes into Scheels. Tony called me after he heard about it.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:22 am

Despicable is the onyl word to describe it.

I swear, if I came home to something like that, I think I'd black out, and wake up standing over the body of the SOB that did that to my dog.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:22 am

That's terrible and I'm curious about what's going to happen to the fecesbag that did it. Misdemeanor.....are you kidding me?
prairiefirepointers wrote:some people need taken out and gassed for the betterment of the world.
We finally agree on something :D .

There is one thing that the dog owner said that bothers me......"it's just like losing one of my own children". I'm am sorry that he lost his dog, especially in that manor but that exact quote makes me equally disgusted. As a father there is nothing worse than the thought of losing one of my children.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:41 am

The guy has several kids at home and the dog was a baby sitter besides a hunting dog. He manybe getting one of Mike's baby boys to take his place.

phoenix

Post by phoenix » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:43 am

He would not be safe from me if he was hiding in heck! I would be in jail, point blank. That SOB would learn frist hand why the US military SF are the most feared in the world. I'm an eye for an eye kind of guy and would come down with furious vengance in defense of my dog. I know that GOD would have me forgive, but I will draw a line in the sand that SHALL NOT BE CROSSED! :twisted:

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:46 am

The guy is out on bail. 500.00. That's unreal.

GBranch830

Post by GBranch830 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 am

This happens to any of mine i guess i'm going to jail for savagely beating a human with a hammer.

GWPtyler

Post by GWPtyler » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:53 am

Ron R wrote:That's terrible and I'm curious about what's going to happen to the fecesbag that did it. Misdemeanor.....are you kidding me?
prairiefirepointers wrote:some people need taken out and gassed for the betterment of the world.
We finally agree on something :D .

There is one thing that the dog owner said that bothers me......"it's just like losing one of my own children". I'm am sorry that he lost his dog, especially in that manor but that exact quote makes me equally disgusted. As a father there is nothing worse than the thought of losing one of my children.
Well, for someone like my wife and I, losing our dog WOULD be like losing a child, namely because we have none. I honestly can't imagine what I'd do if something like that happened to Remy. Too terrible to think about... :cry:

Vman

Post by Vman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:14 am

There would be a sequel to "Law Abiding Citizen"

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:58 am

I never ever will understand why some humans do such things. If it was my dog, I woulda bailed him out just to whup up on him. Folks like that should be used as live tragets for our marine corp to practise on. Make em jump a bit so it is a harder target...

Just today we read about a 92 year old man was evaced out from the flood, overnite some bleeping bleeper son of a bleep motherbleeping person went in and took everything they could. He is so upset over it, I hope he gets calmed down before he hurts himself. That is so low.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:23 am

I am so happy I live in the country and my closest neighbor is a mile away. I can't imagine something like that happening to one of my dogs. I only know that it would be the last dog that happened to, as I would follow the rule of the 3 Ss
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
GrCHF GRCH Vernon de L'Escarbot AKC MH Rest up my boy, until I meet up to hunt with you again
CH Ardoise des Deux Pierres Bleue TAN 14 years together and it was not long enough
TR Jabo de El Matochar CH -CS -IB
CHF CH Darius de L'Eoile du Nord TAN
CH E'toile du Mas D'Pataula TAN
L'Etoile du Ten Bar Ranch
Messi de L'Etoile du Nord
Meg de Sugar Creek
Orion de L'Etoile du Nord
Persese de L'Etoile du Nord

http://www.ebretons.com

MO_GSP

Post by MO_GSP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:32 am

this is terrible. we had something kinda related about 20 yrs ago we lived in town and a particular neighbor didnt enjoy our english pointer barking, so rumor is he told other neighbors he would "fix it". an elderly lady lived right next door and she told me she seen the questionable neighbor feeding our pointer something and the next day he was dead. he was just a pup 1 and 1/2 at the time i was young and he was my buddy we could never prove anything the neighbor lives happily ever after and i was so tore up about it that just last year i got my first pointer since then.

Byrdgirl

Post by Byrdgirl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:37 am

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

Byrdgirl wrote:The Dog Examiner picked it up: http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-nationa ... ide-kennel
Good job. I sent it to the Patrick people. May hit Best Friends if it doesn't make their feed by tonight.

jlowery

Post by jlowery » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:Some people are plain despicable. I have 33 acres about 9 miles West of town and I went out there Monday to put some wood scraps and stuff from my kennel project into the old silage pit. I left my pickup when I had unloaded everything and walked thru the trees to go and visit "Brownie" who I burried under a pasture tree last October. I have a marker I ordered for her that I haven't placed yet, but when I burried her I had fashioned a cross out of some wood and wired it to a stake so it wouldn't break or get blown over... As I was walking towards the tree I noticed the cross was not standing. Then upon walking up I seen it was broken and smashed to pieces, and then I seen a large piece of metal from a broken implement, and footprints. Evidentally some reject kid (I assume) felt the need to destroy the cross marking my dogs grave. I have run kids off of there before, but I can't be there 24/7 to monitor it.

I told my wife about it when I was headed home and she was heartbroken about it. I told her I wasn't sad about it as much as I was completely disgusted... I mean, WHO DOES THAT???!!! :roll: :evil: :(

Sorry, I didn't mean to get off the OP, It just reminded me, and It was kinda related in the way that some people need taken out and gassed for the betterment of the world.
You need a game camera out there on the Grave.... then when you get pictures of the kid... take em to the police station, and get him for trespassin...

On the other hand, the guy that did that isn't a human being at all.... He wouldn't be breathing when i got done with'em... UGH!!! HORRIBLE

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:18 pm

My closest neigbor is a half mile on one side and two on the other. If they hear all the dogs fire off. they know something is wrong. They either call my wife at work or me.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:42 pm

I hada cat once, Iwas 14, the cat came home one day painted white, he died. I noticed a guy just painted his house white. I out rock salt all over his lawn in words describing his cat killing actions. Grass died, folks saw them words..
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:00 pm

What a son of a bit##, when I read this it felt like my whole body was burning from the inside..... This dude should be shot!

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:40 pm

jlowery wrote:
prairiefirepointers wrote:Some people are plain despicable. I have 33 acres about 9 miles West of town and I went out there Monday to put some wood scraps and stuff from my kennel project into the old silage pit. I left my pickup when I had unloaded everything and walked thru the trees to go and visit "Brownie" who I burried under a pasture tree last October. I have a marker I ordered for her that I haven't placed yet, but when I burried her I had fashioned a cross out of some wood and wired it to a stake so it wouldn't break or get blown over... As I was walking towards the tree I noticed the cross was not standing. Then upon walking up I seen it was broken and smashed to pieces, and then I seen a large piece of metal from a broken implement, and footprints. Evidentally some reject kid (I assume) felt the need to destroy the cross marking my dogs grave. I have run kids off of there before, but I can't be there 24/7 to monitor it.

You need a game camera out there on the Grave.... then when you get pictures of the kid... take em to the police station, and get him for trespassin...

On the other hand, the guy that did that isn't a human being at all.... He wouldn't be breathing when i got done with'em... UGH!!! HORRIBLE
Yeah, I had actually thought of that, after I get the marker concreted in. Theres 33 acres and 5 fish ponds there. You would think if they are going to trespass, they could find something more entertaining to do. :roll:
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

Swagg

Post by Swagg » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:08 pm

I can will promise the score would be settled, and I guarantee that I can swing a hammer much harder. And then after he got out of the hospital, he would be moving :twisted:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Sounds like acontest to see who can come up with the most ridiculus retaliation to a senseless action. It always happens on these threads and yet none of you are that stupid, as we all can see, since you are on here and not in prison. I always found it quite senseless to try to be stupider than the one committing the senseless act.

But to each your own. I'msure we will read about you when you really do what you are saying you will do.

I hope he goes to court and gets to spend some time in prison for such an incrediblely stupid act. Seems he has some kind of a mental problem that needs attention to me.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:10 pm

kensfishing wrote:The guy is out on bail. 500.00. That's unreal.
That's B U L L , what killing a dog with a hammer is only a $500.00 slap On the wrist?

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:12 pm

South Dakota has no felony animal cruelty law. However, there is a law for willful destruction of personal property and it appears that will be used for felony charges against the accused.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Ahumphers91a wrote:
kensfishing wrote:The guy is out on bail. 500.00. That's unreal.
That's B U L L , what killing a dog with a hammer is only a $500.00 slap On the wrist?
Bail is determined by risk of flight and not the crime. If they are convinced the guy will not flee then they could release him without bail.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:50 am

Theres 33 acres and 5 fish ponds there
I would be fishing :) I used to have a souped up hinda 350 I used to run the river the platte. Lots of sand pit lakes full of bass. I would sneak in on the bike fish till the 5 gallon bucket was full then go home and eat it up :) Almost got caught once that guy ran his truck on the train traxcks and ruined it while I sped off with the fish. Also used to commando raid veggie gardens, I took tomatoes my brother the rhubarb.... he got a rock salt bath one night :( I got away clean.
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:45 pm

markj wrote:
Theres 33 acres and 5 fish ponds there
I would be fishing :) I used to have a souped up hinda 350 I used to run the river the platte. Lots of sand pit lakes full of bass. I would sneak in on the bike fish till the 5 gallon bucket was full then go home and eat it up :) Almost got caught once that guy ran his truck on the train traxcks and ruined it while I sped off with the fish. Also used to commando raid veggie gardens, I took tomatoes my brother the rhubarb.... he got a rock salt bath one night :( I got away clean.
thats funny right there :lol: :lol:

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Bail is determined by risk of flight and not the crime. If they are convinced the guy will not flee then they could release him without bail.

Ezzy
Not true on the first part. Bail is determined a number factors, at least that's whats taught in criminal law classes and applied in the court room. Public safety, seriousness of the crime, character, strength of evidence,wealth.

windswept

Re: UPDATE Terrible news story from South Dakota

Post by windswept » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:46 am

Byrdgirl

Post by Byrdgirl » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:01 am

Thanks for the update! I was wondering what was going on with this.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:16 am

I can promise you if he ever came to the jail I work at, I would pay one of our lovely inmates a little bit of commissary and let's just say he would be walking a little funny on his way out the door. :wink:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:20 am

I work at a jail; there are many dysfunctional people living in this world with the rest of us. A guy showed up at my neighbor's angry about something. He didn't kill the dog, he killed the 21 year old girl.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:34 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:I can promise you if he ever came to the jail I work at, I would pay one of our lovely inmates a little bit of commissary and let's just say he would be walking a little funny on his way out the door. :wink:

So you would put the life of an animal ahead of the mental and physical state of a human? This is really where folks have gone off the edge! For Gods Sakes people, THIS IS AN ANIMAL! Dont get me wrong, this guy would get some southern justice if I caught him doing this to one of my animals. Why the retribution after the fact though? The pedestal that people put these ANIMALS on is getting friggin ridiculous! If all these touchy feely tree huggers are lucky enough(and society as a whole) then the animals will outlive them. These animals are becoming more than an animal ex: pet cemeteries, funerals, memorials, and internment are all becoming very popular. Why use an e-collar, pinch collar, whoa post, even a heavy hand? Dont these animals FEEL? ( That was a sarcastic and rhetorical question) Sorry for the rant, but get a grip folks. We grieve more over a dog than a human life, where are we headed?
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:59 pm

The felony charge isn't about the dog. It's about destruction of valuable private property and it is a benchmark action for those of us who oppose being told that our dogs have rights and we, as owners, have none.

I will say, also, that the violent retribution statements here are nearly identical to those made by the animal rights supporters who commented on this topic elsewhere.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:10 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:I can promise you if he ever came to the jail I work at, I would pay one of our lovely inmates a little bit of commissary and let's just say he would be walking a little funny on his way out the door. :wink:
This shows our lack of quality staff in our correctional facilities. Pray to God that no one on here either has family in your fine facility or your boss doesn't come on here. Otherwise, someone might be looking for a different job.

Two wrongs don't make a right. This person will be punished and it will be taken care of. Thank God by someone with a higher intellect than yourself.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Hoity Toity much? :roll:
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:27 pm

ElhewPointer wrote:
This shows our lack of quality staff in our correctional facilities. Pray to God that no one on here either has family in your fine facility or your boss doesn't come on here. Otherwise, someone might be looking for a different job.

Two wrongs don't make a right. This person will be punished and it will be taken care of. Thank God by someone with a higher intellect than yourself.
Thank God by someone with a higher intellect than yourself.[/quote]

I mean come on! I took it as a joke thought it was funny, even if you do not agree with tommyboy there is no reason to insult someone becasue you disagree!

Munster

Post by Munster » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:38 pm

ben33127 wrote:
ElhewPointer wrote:

Thank God by someone with a higher intellect than yourself.

I mean come on! I took it as a joke thought it was funny, even if you do not agree with tommyboy there is no reason to insult someone becasue you disagree![/quote]

Thats pretty much how I took it,
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.