ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Happy fourth of July

Post by ACooper » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Dez says happy fourth.

Chief_dog

Re: Happy fourth of July

Post by Chief_dog » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Haha. Tell Dez happy fourth of July from me Andy!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Happy fourth! Be safe. And we forgot to wish our Canadain friends Happy Canada Day so lets do it belatedly. Ruth and Brian, Sharon, Slistoe,and the several others that I can't remember right now, Happy Canada Day.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Happy The Park Has An Eleven P.M. Curfew And Fireworks Are Not Allowed In The First Place, Here's Your Ride Downtown Day.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

NJGriffNut

Post by NJGriffNut » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:44 pm

Happy fourth to everyone here. Awesome looking dog.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:15 am

ezzy333 wrote:Happy fourth! Be safe. And we forgot to wish our Canadain friends Happy Canada Day so lets do it belatedly. Ruth and Brian, Sharon, Slistoe,and the several others that I can't remember right now, Happy Canada Day.

Ezzy
thanks ezzy, it was a great weekend with lots of great BBQ and great company :D have a great 4th as well!!...ruth and brian
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Onk

Post by Onk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:46 am

Ruth how does an American living in Canada celebrate the 4th of July? Have a great 4th everyone and thanks to those that Have and those that Are serving our Great Nation, protecting our freedoms!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:13 am

Onk wrote:Ruth how does an American living in Canada celebrate the 4th of July?
Beer and barbeque probably but not sure about the fireworks.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 am

Happy Independence Day

Printer-Friendly Version

The Declaration of Independence: A Transcription

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:35 am

Right back at ya Coop and Dez, and everyone else, Happy Independence Day !!!

Jake says break out the liquid festivities.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:55 am

Onk wrote:Ruth how does an American living in Canada celebrate the 4th of July? Have a great 4th everyone and thanks to those that Have and those that Are serving our Great Nation, protecting our freedoms!
We are having our long holiday weekend as well, CANADA DAY was on friday july 1st so there were ALOT of fireworks and bbq's going on which we attended 4 parties this weekend and had one ourself last night celebrating CANADA DAY and celebrated the 4th of july as well..we also are going to the parade that is put on every year near my cousins house in ohio on july 10th (my anniversary as well)..we take the kids and with my cousins and friends we spend the hole day celebrating and attending all the fairs....ruth

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:01 am

Ron R wrote:
VERY wrong RONR..we have the largest fireworks here on the detroit river at the freedom festival and over 1 million people attend here and have been doing so for over 50 years, which include americans and canadians both..we have a very large firework display and lots of food and music, we are a border city to michigan and are very much a part of the celebration..heres a link but you can google international freedom festival in windsor, ontario and see for yourself if you would like to.....ruth

http://www.answers.com/topic/internatio ... m-festival

heres a picture of the fireworks we get to see every year :wink:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snweb/4725446018/

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:53 am

GUNDOGS wrote:VERY wrong RONR..
How could I be very wrong when I stated that I'm not sure about fireworks? Unfortunately (for me anyway) I have been working the last 6 days (including today) and have not been able to participate in any celebrations or party's.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Ron R wrote:
GUNDOGS wrote:VERY wrong RONR..
How could I be very wrong when I stated that I'm not sure about fireworks? Unfortunately (for me anyway) I have been working the last 6 days (including today) and have not been able to participate in any celebrations or party's.
The way i read it implied PROBABLY we have bbq and beer but fireworks are doubtful since its an american holiday, hense my response, sorry if thats not what you meant..alot of folks get the impression we dont celebrate 4th of july since we are canadians but most of us have american relatives or are from the U.S or have american folks that live here as our neighbours..a neighbour down the street from me is from dayton ohio and he brought me some flags to put up yesterday and joined us for a beer :D..sorry you had to work threw it all but trust me when i say i ate enough food and drank enough beer for you and i both :wink: ....ruth

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Happy 4th to everyone...I'll be down in the basement tonight holed up with the dogs so as not to allow them to hear or learn to fear fireworks!!!

Been a great day so far!

Bill

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:
Ron R wrote:
VERY wrong RONR..we have the largest fireworks here on the detroit river at the freedom festival and over 1 million people attend here and have been doing so for over 50 years, which include americans and canadians both..we have a very large firework display and lots of food and music, we are a border city to michigan and are very much a part of the celebration..heres a link but you can google international freedom festival in windsor, ontario and see for yourself if you would like to.....ruth

http://www.answers.com/topic/internatio ... m-festival

heres a picture of the fireworks we get to see every year :wink:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snweb/4725446018/
Ruth, I don't see how anybody could take exception to Ron's comment. How is he wrong? Because he wasn't sure how you celebrated the 4th? He was simply stating that you probably celebrated the same as us except he was unsure about the fire works. WOW, what an insult! I have seen very few people get offended as easily as you and then use upper case letters [capital letters to me] to show that you are yelling. :roll: If you are wondering how I would know what Ron was thinking, it is because we talked about it. But he was not even going to respond and for some reason, I just felt the need to respond.

Happy 4th,
Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:08 am

charlie, maybe thats why after he said thats not what he meant i said SORRY (emphasizing not yelling by the way)... was my apology an insult too :roll: so i interpreted it differently then what it really meant, thank god that never happens on this board :roll: ive seen members go on for days about which breed of dog is better a pointer or a gsp and get very personal and get very offended so dont tell me you dont see this as if im an exception to some of the things said on here..maybe some other comments regarding me as an american living in canada caused me to come to a conclusion of something being implied when this thread was simply about HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY (not yelling, emphasizing) and ezzy was nice enough to tell us happy canada day and when i responded with thankyou i was asked how an american living in canada celebrates 4th of july so i answered it..you think very few people get offended like i do?? not true, ALOT (emphasizing not yelling) of people get and have gotten offended by things on here and some have now left our forum, are on the fence about leaving or have decided not to get involved in posts anymore because of things said to them or what theyve read said to others.. to say very few people get offended on here is laughable..did you not see some comments that have been made to me on this board and how i handled it, do you think because people dont respond at all they arent offended by it??..by the way my statement to RONR was "VERY wrong RONR" and i even apologized for it yet im the one you say gets offended VERY EASILY :roll: WOW!!....ruth

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:43 am

You are making my point. :lol:

Charlie

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:01 am

birddogger wrote:You are making my point. :lol:

Charlie
you dont have a point, it never made sense to begin with....ruth

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:06 am

My point is you are very touchy and my point does make sense because it is so obvious.

Charlie

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:11 am

birddogger wrote:My point is you are very touchy and my point does make sense because it is so obvious.

Charlie
so "very touchy" is defined by responding to posts directed at me :roll:..yet you got involved and made comments based on a post not directed at you at all :? ...ruth

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:15 am

Hey Gundogs and Birddogger can you two take this to PM's please.....Thank you
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 am

Sorry K9, you are right.

Charlie

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:49 am

This is how I spent my fourth....checking out the new Twins ballpark and sippin' back a few Primo's! Happy Fourth everyone!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:17 pm

My brother was dragging me and my niece around the lake by a jet ski on a tube...50 MPH!!! He did not hear me tell him to take me on the Sr's tour!
brenda

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:01 pm

50 MPH, WOW!!! That had to be a rush!!! :lol:

Charlie

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:16 pm