Junior Hunter

kensfishing

Re: Junior Hunter

Post by kensfishing » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Anything to do with dogs is great. We need more of it. But the first post was asking about JH titles and it's worthless. If that is the only game in town I might do it, but it's not. I was the one who got bashed after I said it mean anything. But I stick to my guns and a Junior Hunt title means little or nothing to me as a person. It's another way for AKC to make money. If it's get people interested in playing with dogs again great. But too many people on here say the same thing. People at field trials won't help. That's garbage. It's hearsay. I heard from someone who heard it from someone and so on. Some of the chair people who put on trials get over worked and may seem that they don't care, but they do.

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:01 pm

I've been to a few Hunt Test and I've been to a few NAVHDA Tests and I've been to a few Field Trails, to this day I've never heard any of my dogs complain. I really doubt if it makes them one bit of difference. The only gripes I've heard are from the people that don't have a clue in the first place....... :(

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

baileydog2007

Post by baileydog2007 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:15 pm

kensfishing wrote:Anything to do with dogs is great. We need more of it. But the first post was asking about JH titles and it's worthless. If that is the only game in town I might do it, but it's not. I was the one who got bashed after I said it mean anything. But I stick to my guns and a Junior Hunt title means little or nothing to me as a person. It's another way for AKC to make money. If it's get people interested in playing with dogs again great. But too many people on here say the same thing. People at field trials won't help. That's garbage. It's hearsay. I heard from someone who heard it from someone and so on. Some of the chair people who put on trials get over worked and may seem that they don't care, but they do.

I wouldnt say that everyone involved in trials is unwilling to help, but the few I have met sure had no interest in helping or even bothering to welcome a new face. This isnt something I heard from someone, I have gone to them. The "pros" there came off like enormous "bleep" heads. Condescending and arrogant. If people are saying it, they usually have a reason. I have no idea if the sport of trialing is growing, shrinkin, or holding, but the limited experience I had, it would seem tough to get new folks involved. Unless of course a guy wanted to throw thousands of dollars at the "pros" to train your dog, then one could probably get some help/advise.

I certainly dont want to claim I have much experience, but the ones I do, were not good ones. Im sure there are those who help and welcome newcomers, but I havent ran into that yet in my limited experiences.

Onk

Post by Onk » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:16 pm

kensfishing, I have had a bird dog around my whole life and have never expieranced raising one from a pup and getting excited at watching it grow and learn.I have always had someone else's hand me down or misfit dog that I tried to correct and then just hunt with. At 47 years of age this is a big step outside the box of normal for me in going to or taking part in any kind of dog testing no matter what it is! So yes while it might seem worth bashing to someone like you, it is something I look forward to with great interest and excitement! I for one will be excited and proud of my pup for the simplest of achievements gained just knowing that I had maybe just a little something to do with it. I like to consider myself a very good fishermen and tournament fish every chance I get, but far be it from me to tell the guy with the canepole, bobber and worms that he really isn't fishing because its not at my level of 300. dollar rods and reels and a shiney boat! I would never tell any of the judges at my tournaments that they don't know anything about what they are doing even though I sometimes question a ruling, that would be me elevating my own selfworth above theirs! I think I will still plan on my pup and I going to these JH,SH and hopefully one day MH (TEST not trials) and trying to have the time of our life enjoying the company of other dog people of shared interest! Have a great day!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:51 pm

kensfishing wrote:Ezzy, sorry for that one post. I read and you're right, it didn't come out right. So we're all not perfect in grammar. But I have watched a number of them and some of the MH dogs that passed was a JOKE. Flat out joke. But to each his own. What a lot of people don't realize is that hunt tests are test, not trials. Navhda is not a trial, but a test. Set standards by people who I really don't think or know what a dog is really about. IMO.
I agree with you. I can't make my self think that MH title is anything more than a dog that has been over trained to the point many are just robots. But that said, I like the JH and the SH titles as they tell me a great deal about a dog I have not been able to see personally. But more importantly what I think has little to nothing to do with advising a new owner what he should do with his dog based on my likes and dislikes. So I might mention what I think but I also will advise anyone to get involved at any level that allows them to work with their dog. Those titles are not for our benefit anyway. They belong to the dog and it's trainer.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Onk

Post by Onk » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:14 pm

ezzy333 wrote: Those titles are not for our benefit anyway. They belong to the dog and it's trainer.

Ezzy

Amen ezzy! 100% agree!

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

madmurph

Post by madmurph » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Kensfishing, who are the people that started the AKC Hunt Test program and NAVHDA and what exactly is their background with dogs?
You could live without a dog, but it would not be worthwhile.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:36 pm

I believe Ken Marden started the Hunt Tests. He is a GSP guy and had served about everywhere in the GSP world and AKC...
brenda

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Don't know anything about the pointer tests, however I have been following the thread. Kensfishing make a couple comments about JH and a generalization about testing as a whole, and in doing so got thrown under the bus. Ezzy said a few negative things about MH and know one defended the test it at all, is Ezzy right? Is MH really a waste of everyone's time?

gozz21

Post by gozz21 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:08 pm

MH is certainly not a waste of time. There are some great dogs that achieve this title. To me it shows a dog that has a great level of trainability. The retrieves have to be flawless and they have to honor at every opportunity as soon as they see the other dog on point. Almost all MH dogs are dogs that would be great brag dogs for most people. Granted there are a select few dogs that just squeak by and pass but there are dogs like that everywhere. Ezzy have you ever ran a dog in a MH test? Jh tests are fun and it is how I started. It is a great way to get into the sport and feel good about yourself and your dog. I know skip and train for MH tests, but I was and still am very proud of the JH title I put on my first dog. It was fun.

thanks
Jason

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:15 pm

To the original poster, jump into the JH test and have fun. We all have to start somewhere. You'll learn a bunch in the process, and will pick up some good friends along the way. You'll also probably end up with a better-behaved dog than you would otherwise have, and my guess is that you'll go on to try more challenging test levels. While the JH title is not going to impress too many in the test / trial community, a MH is indeed a significant accomplishment, and few hunters are fortunate enough to hunt behind a dog of that caliber. Everyone has their own favorite dog games, and unfortunately some feel obligated to criticize those that they don't participate in. As long as you and your dog are having fun, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Don't be discouraged by the grumps you've encountered here. The vast majority of the folks you find at the tests will be much more positive.

Good luck!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:19 pm

So Ken is getting tossed under the bus because he makes some flat out remarks which only discourages people from going out and trying something because HE finds it to be a waste of time.

Thing about hunt tests or Any venue...I have seen dogs that are robotic at best but one needs to remember The MH is about a dog being 100 percent compliant though sure I have seen some hunt tests dogs I personally wouldn't hunt behind I have also seen some trial dogs I feel the same way about... Bottom Line is The most IMPORTANT thing is how that Owner feels about his dog and Their accomplishments...Not we we think they should be allowed to feel or do with their dog and that is what kens posts have continually repeated over and over how he feels it is a waste how he thinks ,how he and how he .... Never about the people asking what the rules and expectations are for the test

So back to what post at hand and what these people are looking for again doesn't matter if we think it is a waste of our time they aren't asking us to go run their dogs for them :wink: ..When I get a chance I am going to waste my time and money for one of my dogs last legs in JH My Money My Dog My Time MY Effort.
http://www.akc.org/pdfs/rulebooks/RHTPNT.pdf
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:40 pm

The SWMO Brittany club serves really good lunches. It'll be worth your trip, Onk. :)
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:47 pm

I started off in JH tests. Sure got my foot in the door and introduced me to some fine people.

trials: You meet the odd jerk but mainly they are good people. Pros always were willing to help and visit - Travis Gelhaus , D. Quackenbush, Mike, Mary and George Tracy, Dave Hughes , Dr. Pete Flanagan to name a few.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:48 pm

kninebirddog wrote:So Ken is getting tossed under the bus because he makes some flat out remarks which only discourages people from going out and trying something because HE finds it to be a waste of time.

Thing about hunt tests or Any venue...I have seen dogs that are robotic at best but one needs to remember The MH is about a dog being 100 percent compliant though sure I have seen some hunt tests dogs I personally wouldn't hunt behind I have also seen some trial dogs I feel the same way about... Bottom Line is The most IMPORTANT thing is how that Owner feels about his dog and Their accomplishments...Not we we think they should be allowed to feel or do with their dog and that is what kens posts have continually repeated over and over how he feels it is a waste how he thinks ,how he and how he .... Never about the people asking what the rules and expectations are for the test

So back to what post at hand and what these people are looking for again doesn't matter if we think it is a waste of our time they aren't asking us to go run their dogs for them :wink: ..When I get a chance I am going to waste my time and money for one of my dogs last legs in JH My Money My Dog My Time MY Effort.
I'm not tossing ken under the bus, that's for sure. To begin, I started the post thinking that the jh and such was the only puppy tests, I was wrong. I think the puppy stakes suit me better and what I'm trying to accomplish. Ken doesn't have a FC AFC for nothing. But I do respect all the views on the subject at hand.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Ahumphers91a wrote:
kninebirddog wrote:So Ken is getting tossed under the bus because he makes some flat out remarks which only discourages people from going out and trying something because HE finds it to be a waste of time.

I'm not tossing ken under the bus, that's for sure. To begin, I started the post thinking that the jh and such was the only puppy tests, I was wrong. I think the puppy stakes suit me better and what I'm trying to accomplish. Ken doesn't have a FC AFC for nothing. But I do respect all the views on the subject at hand.

Sorry I forgot to quote the post to which I made part of my remark to It was in no way directed at you :oops:

It was in response to this post below

nikegundog wrote:Don't know anything about the pointer tests, however I have been following the thread. Kensfishing make a couple comments about JH and a generalization about testing as a whole, and in doing so got thrown under the bus. Ezzy said a few negative things about MH and know one defended the test it at all, is Ezzy right? Is MH really a waste of everyone's time?
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:15 pm

kninebirddog wrote:
Ahumphers91a wrote:

Sorry I forgot to quote the post to which I made part of my remark to It was in no way directed at you :oops:

It was in response to this post below

nikegundog wrote:Don't know anything about the pointer tests, however I have been following the thread. Kensfishing make a couple comments about JH and a generalization about testing as a whole, and in doing so got thrown under the bus. Ezzy said a few negative things about MH and know one defended the test it at all, is Ezzy right? Is MH really a waste of everyone's time?
Gotcha

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:24 pm

The only test I have been involved in is the Navhda NA test. It may not mean a lot but it is a good way to evaluate your pup [if you haven't trained for it] although exposing the pup to different things is good....such as swimming and gun shots. It is a lot of fun and the people are great! The only field trials I have participated in is NSTRA and all the people I have met there have been very friendly and helpful. Although a lot of people don't consider those as real trials. :roll:

If you find a venue that you can afford, have access to and enjoy, it really doesn't matter what others think about it. :D

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:05 pm

knine, if you think I got thrown under the bus, You're so wrong. Come play out games. You can't win. Have a great evening.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Sorry my finger are sore from this weather. It's our games.

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Go fishing, Ken. Please.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:25 pm

And I agree. Only you and your dog will benefit from any of the venues. I have never met a bad person at a hunt test and most are willing to help you anyway they can. Field trials are fun but more competitive so you may find a few people who get confused and think winning is more important than sportsmnship but even then they are in the minority. Just pick one, do it, and have fun.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Ken loves fishing...LOL and getting these :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:The SWMO Brittany club serves really good lunches. It'll be worth your trip, Onk. :)

I'm all about strapping on a feed bag! I would love and try to make their event to learn a little something!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:00 am

Myself i enjoy NAVHDA and they are very helpful with newbies trying out tests and going out to have fun with your pup/dog..EVERYONE told us jersey was too young to do the NATURAL ABILITIES test, give her time to be a pup because you have until they are 16 months and we chose to just go for it and see what she has "NATURALLY" as a young pup..she was 5 months old, to my knowledge the youngest GSP here in ontario to receive a PRIZE 1 score of 110 (this year anyway) and she had a blast doing the test, i didnt see a younger pup her age in the U.S test results for NA either but may be wrong..yes bragging a bit but also proud of the fact we did what we wanted to do in the end and enjoyed it not letting others influence our decision, you know your own pup/dog better then anyone else so if you feel it can do the JH test and have fun, if you feel you will enjoy handling the pup/dog and you want to give it a try then i say go for it, you never know til ya try :wink: ..it was a great way for us to see what her natural capabilities were at such a young age, which we already new and meet many people who love to talk dogs as much as we do..weve never been into the idea of tests before, they seemed quite intimidating to us but after giving it a chance im glad we did, its introduced us to people not only from our chapter but others all over the U.S as well..everyone ive met is very encouraging and i would say to anyone thinking about joining NAHVDA to go for it, its may be a different experience for each PERSON but ALL dogs benefit..i wouldnt hesitate at all to get into a few trials nor would i hesitate to get into some AKC tests, all of these events need our contributions in order to keep on going so we all should contribute the best we can if we want next generations to have it available to them as well..i now know not to have preconceived notions and not to listen to anyones opinions just to go and see for myself and let it be MY EXPERIENCE and go from there, thats what everyone should do, JMO...ruth :D
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:27 am

Those ribbons are not all of Mike's. There's more. That's not counting the ones from other peoples dogs I've handled in the years past, or Sam's, John's or Tony's dog Danner. And of course Arlette knows of another of the dogs I've run on the ground for fun. Tracker and all of his wins, and his pups wins or Duke and Wilma. Of course there's all the dogs I've scouted to first place or what ever place they took in years past also. It's a rush to watch so many dogs to compare each and decide if your dog can beat them or even compete at the same level. You i'ts all fun, but much more when you do win. We don't go to a hunt test not to win or any event and not try an win.Everyone on this forum says we go to have fun, but it's still trying to win something.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:30 am

Pair the loot with a modest, super good sportsman, who feels secure enough to support others endeavors and realize how to unite vs divide us...and I can get on board. Still won't build a pedestal, as some so easily do, but my ears will be wide open.

Why does it have to be an either or situation? It is actually possible to do more than one type of game, and quite a few people have multiple titled dogs to prove it. One JH test will cost you approximately $45, to see if it's something you want to pursue. If that's going to break your bank, good luck with the FTs. The variety of games available to us, are launching off points for many. For those of us who train our own dogs, they can be motivational, to get us to the next level. It might be intimidating to jump in to SH, UT, etc, but working the way up puts ribbons on the walls and builds confidence in the process. I've been around a couple years now, and know I have nice dogs. They aren't bootlickers, they slam points, etc. So say I get a MH the same day as the guy that does have a bootlicking, no style dog. Big whoop...doesn't diminish what I've achieved. Yes, I hope to put on the nicest showing of the day, but I won't need anyone to signify it with a 1st place ribbon. My youth was spent lining my bedroom walls with trophies and ribbons from all kinds of shows--from horses to dairy goats to dog obedience and so on. I know what competition is and I like winning. I already have a ribbon hanging area started all over again for my shorthairs. :D But dogs aren't my business, and winning a dog event isn't my number one priority. Sometimes, even a really good training day with close friends, floats my boat.

We have run 2 FT puppy stakes, 4 JH tests, and 2 NAVHDA NA tests—in regards to puppy games. The NAVHDA NA was the most involved and meant the most to me regarding what I want in my dogs. The JH would be second for me. The FT puppy stakes had no birds put out, and even though it was a blast to get a placement our first time out, it would rank at the bottom of the pack for me in meaningfulness. All were fun to do and I remember the pride at doing these first time things and having success. I hope I never get too jaded to remember hearing those scores or the pride in being handed those ribbons.

Onk

Post by Onk » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Well said Wems!

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Guys -

I think Wems said a lot of things for us to think about as we pursue our respective dog sports.

Well done.

I personally do not do hunt tests, but I routinely volunteer to stock for the Senior and Master hunt tests for a local club first because I have a horse and that saves the club a bunch of money and second because I like to watch good dog work. A lot of hunt test dogs do not have the aggressive forward ground pattern and independence that I personally like to see in a dog, but different strokes for different folks and some of the senior and master candidate dogs I have seen are in many respects, VERY nice dogs that anyone whould be proud to hunt over.

I agree with the majority that a Junior Hunt Test is a good place to get one's feet wet. Most of the AKC hunt tests I have attended have been very friendly , family type events.

By way of contrast, most field trials, be they AKC or AF, are not as "newbie frinedly". I remember the first trial I attended. I had absolutely no clue what was going on and everyone was either bustling around doing something with dogs and horses or huddled in a small group near a trailer, talking in low tones. It was kinda like a Chinese fire drill of sorts and was not a lot of fun. I was pretty disgusted and left. Did not get to see a single dog run. I was not impressed at all.

A few weeks later I spoke to the fellow who kenneled my dogs when we went on vacation, knew he did some field tiraling. I explained what hapened and he told me to come down to the field tiral grounds the Saturday after next and look for him. He explained what was going on and showed me where they were running a walking dog stake. I watched three braces and came back to the his trailer. He asked how i liked it. I said it was nice, but the dogs ere kinda close hunting for my taste. He smiled, took me over to a horse and said:"Hop on, this is my horse and you can ride him." I told him I didn't know how to ride. He said that if I could get in the saddle, the horse woud take care of the rest. He was right about that. I spent the afternoon watching the horseback shooting dog stake and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The key to enjoying a field trial is preparation. Get hooked up with someone in advance of the trial. If you do not know anyone or cannot find someone, call the trial chairman, tell them what you would like to see and ask them for their advice on how to proceed. They might put you on the dog wagon, or with the bird planter and they might just put you to work, but I'll bet you will see some dogs run.

The field trial community is rather small and can be cliqueish and appear remote and aloof. If it seems that everybody knows everybody else...that is generally about right. Sometimes we can be a bit stand-offish especially at a trial. But there are lots of folks who will go out of their way to help someone if they know there is a need. The key is to not wait until the last moment and then ask someone to help you when, like as not, they are getting ready to run their dog, because that will usually get you the short answer you don't want to hear.

RayG

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Wow no wonder why someone went over to the field trial topic..... BTW no pictures with any color but blue and Orange ribbons.

gspguy

Post by gspguy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:42 pm

While I don't think a JH title means much if anything, the process of running your dog is fun and it's good practice for those that are new to it. Who knows it may open up a whole new world to the person doing it.
They're all broke 'til they break.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:59 pm

gspguy wrote:While I don't think a JH title means much if anything, the process of running your dog is fun and it's good practice for those that are new to it. Who knows it may open up a whole new world to the person doing it.
+1

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:33 pm

GSPGUY I think you hit it on the head. I had a lot of fun running my puppy. It created a monster.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:53 pm

gspguy wrote:While I don't think a JH title means much if anything, the process of running your dog is fun and it's good practice for those that are new to it. Who knows it may open up a whole new world to the person doing it.
This is not a nice thing to say I suppose but I don't care in the least what any title means to someone. Those titles are my dogs and that is as far as they go. If the dog enjoys them and you do to then that is as good as it gets so why would anyone care what someone else thinks or wants to do with his/her dog. There is not a title in the world that shouldn't be looked upon with pride by the dogs owner/handler/trainer.just make sure you are having fun and you are doing it right.

Ezzy

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:51 am

ezzy333 wrote: If the dog enjoys them and you do to then that is as good as it gets so why would anyone care what someone else thinks or wants to do with his/her dog. There is not a title in the world that shouldn't be looked upon with pride by the dogs owner/handler/trainer.just make sure you are having fun and you are doing it right.

Ezzy
Well said, sir... well said.
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:39 am

ultracarry wrote:Wow no wonder why someone went over to the field trial topic..... BTW no pictures with any color but blue and Orange ribbons.
Do you mean to tell me your dog has never taken a red, white or yellow, or didn't place. That's bogus. :roll:

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 am

Nope just no pictures... never said nutin about placements ken.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am

Why won't you be glad for any placements? I mean if ran a dog in a 50 dog trial, any placement would be nice for any one.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 am

Hey ken, read for once. I said nothing about placements. Read again. If you need lessons go to the library but just read an entire post. It was about a picture with different colors.... you think the only reason why I commented on it is nothing is ever good enough and you feel what you do is the best. Hunt tests are tests to measure the amount of training and natural ability your dog has. The guy wants to do JH and you just slammed him down. Yea most of us won't breed to a JH dog or a SH dog most of us see the title as nothing more than natural ability but its something to do to get his feet wet and started. Maybe is a few judges give him advice, complete the dog (if they feel like) and he follows through, he will eventually end up in the trial and hour stakes (which we know you have a champion and TU champion and several ribbons). Give the guy a break and encourage him to run his dog in something.

In the field trial topic you say you should care about being involved. If you were a man of your word you would have encouraged him no matter what... isn't that what you said.

Your so fast at determining what I ment in my post you have Jo clue what your writing.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 am

All I said was a JH title means nothing to me. Didn't and never said anyone could never run a dog in a hunt test or any venue for that matter. I just wanted something that had more of a challenge with dogs. Field trials was that venue for me. You get your dog judged by peers against peers and the best dog wins. I have never said I won every thing I ever ran my dogs in. I've been humbled a number of times. They are dogs and they will screw you almost every time you put them on the ground. You're the one who said you didn't need new people to enter trials, not me.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:42 am

Gosh. Please count to 10 and just let it go.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:46 am

kensfishing wrote:All I said was a JH title means nothing to me. Didn't and never said anyone could never run a dog in a hunt test or any venue for that matter. I just wanted something that had more of a challenge with dogs. Field trials was that venue for me. You get your dog judged by peers against peers and the best dog wins. I have never said I won every thing I ever ran my dogs in. I've been humbled a number of times. They are dogs and they will screw you almost every time you put them on the ground. You're the one who said you didn't need new people to enter trials, not me.
So why did you feel the need to post that a title means nothing to you and basically try to make a post all about how you this and you that That is the point You missed earlier but You won';t let it go ...Personally I take pride in any thing I accomplish no matter how big or small..and bottom line I do not care how YOU feel about it..I pay to play I passed or earned my ribbon or trophy and Shame on You or any one else that wants to down grade those passes or accomplishments

I to have a wall full of trophies and some ribbons and some certs of accomplishment and am just as proud of them as you are of Yours

So lets leave it at that...This post is about JR hunt tests and if You or any one else do not have something to offer this post as into HELPING what is required or what ever to let a person get out and have fun with their dogs then curb your fingers and in PM bash and trash and down talk how You dislike or how these other venues are beneath you .

and Yes this can take that as a word of warning.

Have a nice day

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Arlette as you said once I don't care what you think. I answered a post and gave my ideas about them, that is all. Let it go.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Since the official word is let it go and everyone that is anyone has told us their opinions I will just lock this so you all can let it go.

Thank you

Ezzy