FEELING LIKE WE FAILED JERSEY AND HER BREEDER..(UPDATE)

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Re: FEELING LIKE WE FAILED JERSEY AND HER BREEDER..(UPDATE)

Post by GUNDOGS » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:28 am

Just wanted to give an update on this post...jerseys breeder and i have been in contact regarding jersey and as ive said before he is the most responsible, knowledgeable and involved breeder i have known and the way he has offered help to me when he returned home proves that..he has offered me so many options that would benefit me and jersey i dont know where to begin..anyone can put two dogs together and have a litter of puppies, its how they take responsibility for them when they leave to their new homes to ensure they get the best life is what seperates them from the rest in my opinion..with that being said him and i have ALOT of discussing of these options to do and i will make sure to post on what the outcome will be but i just wanted to post that jerseys breeder is home now and yesterday my family and i were gone to OHIO all day so today we will be working on deciding a plan of action for jersey..thank you very much for the posts and pm's that have helped alot, so far the collar is doing its job and will take a while to really take care of it but i still have work to do to ensure that, as said by alot of others including brian this is not something that will be fixed overnight, it will take time so i will let you all know how its going..also i would like to say on the forum, youre welcome to the members who haved thanked me by pm's for posting this thread as they are having the same issues and its helping them as well..thats what i really like about this forum is you can learn from other posts if you are having the same issue but may not want to put it out there to possibly get criticized or how you may feel like a failure if you admit you have an issue with your pup you cant fix..i hope if any thing comes of these posts it helps someone to keep their pup or at least learn how to get the tools needed to do whats best for the dog and your family..i would also like to mention as i already have but mention again that this is not BLOODLINE/BREEDING related, as a matter of fact i have talked to others with this BLOODLINE and from this same litter and brian has spoke to the others and NOBODY is having this issue with their pups/dogs to the extent i am having so it is as i said before an issue with my pup that is MY FAULT and as her owner im doing what i can to correct it and learn from it to avoid it ever happening again and if it were to happen again i have better knowledge of how to correct it sooner..we all at some point have either needed help or at some point will need help and brian has really helped me to put things into prospective which he does very well :wink: ....thanks.....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

ddoyle

Post by ddoyle » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:35 am

Ruth we all are just doing our best! I give you great credit for taking the "blame" but I am not sure you are at fault. Sometimes things happen we have no control over.... just like kids raise them all the same one becomes a Dr. and the other a bum. Sometimes things are out of our control.
Doyle

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:38 pm

And if a person is honest , no matter how many dogs they have worked with , they will look back and say, "I wish I had done it differently." in some area.

edit: word missing
Last edited by Sharon on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Hey Ruth,

Just made it through all the threads. I am glad to see that it is working out for you. Brian seems like a great guy. If I wasn't a pointer guy, I would have to contact him for a pup, but for now I will just pass it on to anyone who is looking for shorthairs. There were very good posts on here, and a lot of great ideas that I will carry in my arsenal. I am soon going to set up a kennel for Kona. I am sure she will be unhappy with the Idea but as with everything she will adjust soon. For Kona, she hasn't barked yet. I don't know what it is exactly but it resembles the moo of an old cow. It is the funniest thing. My neighbor asked if we were starting a farm.

As for the reason of the kennel, we have a teacup yorkie that is my daughters. He has not been fixed due to his small size we have alot of interest in breeding him. I should say my wife has a lot of interest. I am still hoping Kona will use him as a chew toy when she gets older. I now truly dislike ankle biters. My wife told me that Kona needed to get fixed and since that won't be happening ever, She will need to see some kennel time. If my dog gets pregnant anytime soon. There will be missing posters plastered around town of a Tea cup yorkie by the name of Jasper. He will never be found. If my daughter gets upset, I will just have to let her pick out her own pointer pup. That should make my wife super happy. :twisted:

As always, good luck with Jersey. I hope that when you and Brian are done with making the decision that she remains in you care. You deserve her. Besides, once you have pictured hunting with her, how can you not make that dream a reality.

Joe

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:54 am

Ruth ~ I hope everything works out for the best for you and Jersey. You've put so much time into her and she seems to be a heck of a dog, it would be a shame for you not to have her.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:09 am

Hang in there. Let the bark collar do the job.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:18 am

WOOHOO total bark free day so far today, i think she has figured out she can do a very low "woof" without correction!!.. can she really be that smart to figure out she can do that without being corrected :?: :?: anyway at least absolutely no barking so far today and everyones been outside, shes just looking at them QUIETLY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: thanks everyone....ruth

volraider

Post by volraider » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:25 am

Just remember it's a 3 or 4 month process before taking the collar off. No reason to have any set backs. I'm happy everything is working out for you.

Brian

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:48 am

volraider wrote:Just remember it's a 3 or 4 month process before taking the collar off. No reason to have any set backs. I'm happy everything is working out for you.

Brian
FOR SURE brian, it will stay on for 3 or 4 months, at least shes not looking at me with those sad humane society dog eyes as if to say "pleeeze take this thing off me" cause i cant take those sad hound eyes for long :lol: shes doing great im so happy :mrgreen: thanks so much for everything, especially for her :wink: .....ruth

JessiNGunther

Post by JessiNGunther » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:53 am

GUNDOGS wrote:WOOHOO total bark free day so far today, i think she has figured out she can do a very low "woof" without correction!!.. can she really be that smart to figure out she can do that without being corrected :?: :?: anyway at least absolutely no barking so far today and everyones been outside, shes just looking at them QUIETLY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: thanks everyone....ruth
WOOOHOOOO! This is a great start and I hope she keeps it up !
Life is best when you're Jeeping with your Family and Dogs
General Gunther Von Grants
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 pm

total bark free day so far today
Mine hasnt barked for 2 days saturday he had to be corrected once :) cost to me? 0 now he waits for me to let him out just like the other dogs do. His constant barking was upsetting the calves so he had to stop. A super soaker found in a closet helped a lot. I was outside anyways so every time he barked he got soaked in his face. I leave the soaker toed to the kennel as a reminder to him. So far so good, this has worked on every barker I ever dealt with. Takes time, and you must be ready to react. Makes it kinda fun.

Glad to hear yours is also doing great, dogs just need to be told what they can do.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:40 pm

we have now put some plans in place for jersey to go to a trainer who will be working her for the winter, we are VERY excited to send her in NOVEMBER..im going to post a seperate thread speaking more about this cause i feel THIS barking thread is over and was a set back i want to move on from SO its now time to start a new chapter, out with the old in with the new so to speak :mrgreen: ........ruth