114 degrees and high humidity

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: 114 degrees and high humidity

Post by Sharon » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:28 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:105 DEGREES today, so humid its hard to breath..i just cut the grass so it gets done early before it gets hotter and i ran over and jumped in the pool afterwards..when i came up from under the water jersey was right in there with me :lol: she follows behind me the entire time i mow the lawn while my boxer heads for shade and just watches :) ....ruth
Ontario being snuggled between 5 Great Lakes makes for high humidity and lots of snow. You can just walk to the beach Ruth. I come to Dover once a year on Friday the 13th to see the Hells Angels. It's a little town I would enjoy living in.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

markj wrote:
I think we should all come hang out with you. where's your barn
Right there 150 yards from the house :) I live in Iowa, across from north Omaha via the mormon bridge that is closed so it is now a one hour ride inrto work. I do work in an old building too, was built around 1850 or so :) is an old army fort and the buildings are to be left as they are for historical reasons.

Got up to a lite rain, is low 80s today but the heat is comong back soon. On vacation tomorrrow and next week too.

Going fishing.
Mark if ylove to catch bass you need to come up here. The fishing is great during the week, but the bugs don't care they bite too.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Sharon wrote:
GUNDOGS wrote:105 DEGREES today, so humid its hard to breath..i just cut the grass so it gets done early before it gets hotter and i ran over and jumped in the pool afterwards..when i came up from under the water jersey was right in there with me :lol: she follows behind me the entire time i mow the lawn while my boxer heads for shade and just watches :) ....ruth
Ontario being snuggled between 5 Great Lakes makes for high humidity and lots of snow. You can just walk to the beach Ruth. I come to Dover once a year on Friday the 13th to see the Hells Angels. It's a little town I would enjoy living in.
we spend alot of time at the beach Sharon, its great having so many areas to go fishing, waterfowl hunting and swimming, DOVER is about an hour from my town :D .....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Well if you're going fishing you'll need to someone to watch the barn right?
It was 90 today and now the clouds and thunder are rolling in .
Well if ya want to come up and watch it for me :)

Kens, is there a boatable lake or from shore? I would love to get into some greenbacks (Bass). My fishing hole is under water :)
Friday the 13th to see the Hells Angels
Well if ya wanta see some up close and personal come on by and Iwill introduce you to the locals. They are just people, :) that ride motorcycles..... I prefer to ride with the CMA or GWTA guys but I have done stuff with teh HAs and a friend is one.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

jarbo03

Post by jarbo03 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:17 pm

JessiNGunther wrote:
markj wrote:
I think we should all come hang out with you. where's your barn
Right there 150 yards from the house :) I live in Iowa, across from north Omaha via the mormon bridge that is closed so it is now a one hour ride inrto work. I do work in an old building too, was built around 1850 or so :) is an old army fort and the buildings are to be left as they are for historical reasons.

Got up to a lite rain, is low 80s today but the heat is comong back soon. On vacation tomorrrow and next week too.

Going fishing.
Well if you're going fishing you'll need to someone to watch the barn right? :mrgreen:
Whats a cloud? 8) 8) 8)

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:29 pm

markj wrote:
Well if you're going fishing you'll need to someone to watch the barn right?
Well if ya want to come up and watch it for me :)

Kens, is there a boatable lake or from shore? I would love to get into some greenbacks (Bass). My fishing hole is under water :)
Friday the 13th to see the Hells Angels
Well if ya wanta see some up close and personal come on by and Iwill introduce you to the locals. They are just people, :) that ride motorcycles..... I prefer to ride with the CMA or GWTA guys but I have done stuff with teh HAs and a friend is one.
I've got a 20ft. Champion bass boat. So I fish from comfort.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:35 am

Where do you fish? I gotta get hay in saturday but am open friday or sunday. My boat is a 16 ft 70s ski/fish has a 115 outboard so yours sounds great. I used to fish summit for bass, decataur off the flats for walleye sauger etc. but with the river flooded no flats this year.
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:52 am

Blue Lake right off 29. It can be great or tough, after all it's called fishing not catching. Just like hunting, it's call hunting not killing.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Ken, u need to get away from that humidity and move back to AZ asap..lol

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 am

Maybe in a week or so my son and I can bring up the boat and drop a line with you. Got very busy here meaning a lot of hard labor and theheat almost done me in.

Sure is nice today, gotta go dig a 5 ft deep hole and fix a hydrant today. Hole has to be 6 ft round so I can get in there and work :) sometimes being skinny has its benifits and skinny I am not :)
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:29 am

It's been so hot and humid here the fish haven't been where they should be. It's been tought. With this cooler weather is should pick up again.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:07 pm

I've been finding it hard to believe the temperatures mentioned in this thread. I complained to my wife today that it was too hot to train my dogs....... I think the temperature was 73 f. ! I've lived in Scotland all my life and the highest temperature I have ever experienced was 93 f. I am comfortable at about 65 f.

Don't think I'll be emigrating to the States in a hurry if I think 70+ f. is far too hot !

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:20 pm

On Monday it was heat index of 117 here in Iowa where I live. I'll take Arizona over this all day everyday.

jarbo03

Post by jarbo03 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Finally caught a break here in NE Kansas, mid nineties with a heat index around 100. Been nice to get out and do some much needed work, dogs have really enjoyed it also. Feels really good after 112 yesterday.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Rain! Finally We Have Rain!!!

It rained like a cow peeing on a flat rock this evening. Despite the threat of tornado's and damaging 90mph straight line winds, and all my kids at Vacation Bible School crying in the church basement after they took cover, it was a welcome sight! :lol:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

jarbo03

Post by jarbo03 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:19 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:Rain! Finally We Have Rain!!!

It rained like a cow peeing on a flat rock this evening. Despite the threat of tornado's and damaging 90mph straight line winds, and all my kids at Vacation Bible School crying in the church basement after they took cover, it was a welcome sight! :lol:
Heard it got a little ugly down that way, my cousin in Wichita had a big tree in her backyard fall and collapse the power lines, she thinks it still might be worth it.

JessiNGunther

Post by JessiNGunther » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:33 am

prairiefirepointers wrote:Rain! Finally We Have Rain!!!

The one and only thing I do not miss about living back east is the Tornado's !! I Do miss the Green grass, all the rain and nice friendly people :(
I remember when I was going to school in Tn we would have tornado Dills like most kids would have fire drills. That use to freak the crap out of me as a kid.
Life is best when you're Jeeping with your Family and Dogs
General Gunther Von Grants
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 am

Don't think I'll be emigrating to the States in a hurry if I think 70+ f. is far too hot !
This is unusual heat so I for one belive it wont be back next year :) many places in America are cooler some hotter.

My Angus steers love it. they originate from scotland....
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935