Dog in heat

Brittlver

Dog in heat

Post by Brittlver » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:59 am

Anyone elses dog a royal pain in the butt when she is in heat. I think my dog is in heat now, I can't tell by looking at her as she is super clean dog, Her nipples are a little swollen but other then that I can't tell. In the last 2 weeks she has started whining none stop, Not listening to anything we tell her to do and is just going plain nuts. She is 10 months old right now. AGGGGHHH just needed to vent.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Dog in heat

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 am

is her vulva swollen,..as she maybe getting close and not quite in yet.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:43 am

I think its getting bigger but then again I am not 100%, Just know her attitude has changed alot in the last week or two.

CCBIRDDOGMAN

Post by CCBIRDDOGMAN » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:03 pm

I have a GSP that whines the whole 3 weeks that she is in heat & like you said is very hard headed (more than usual).

Birddog 307

Post by Birddog 307 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Bring her over and one of my males will let you know. Her vulva should swell up and she will probably start bleeding even if it is just a little. When the blood turns pinkish instead of red and she wants to lift her tail to the side or back up to any dog look out. Most of mine bleed for about 7 to 9 days before it turns lighter colored and they want to be bred and for about a week they really want it. Not a rule of course just about the average for my females.
Birddog 307

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 pm

mine becomes a head case when she comes into season. my avatar pic was taken 2 weeks ago when she was in the middle week of her cycle. she does not like that crate.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm

See that is what I am thinking. Never head a female before only males and a friend of mine had a female that turned crazy when she was in heat. Mine sits there and whines all day and then when you let her out to stretch she goes absolutely ballistic. Well hopefully the experts can tell next weekend at the training day and if the dogs all like her that will be another indicate. :lol:

Sue

Post by Sue » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Our Tess was super cuddly and affectionate throughout her heat. She was a delight, although managing her with our intact male in the house at the same time was a challenge.

We spayed her before the second heat!

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:49 am

Mine acts pretty normal. But a few times I have hunted with her right before I knew she was coming in, and she doesn't have the normal "fire" about her. One time I hunted with her and a guy I had never hunted with before. He knew she had run trials and I told him she loved to run, and would run fairly big if I let her. She made me look like an idiot by hunting within 100 yards and only about 5 MPH on the GPS.. Two days later she was bleeding. If Im hunting her a lot, and she starts to come in, I can tell. Kinda sucks for trials though. Im crossing my fingers she doesn't come in right in the middle of the trial circuit this fall. Last year she came out about 2 days prior to the start, but if she starts a couple weeks later, its going to suck!