spokane trip

larue

spokane trip

Post by larue » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:57 pm

looking forward to visiting all of you from washington state area this oct,trying to decide if I should bring eva or one of her crazy pups to run and train out there.
I know the food will suck,the beer will be warm,and the dogs will point with low tails and be real hogs.
I also know dan hoke will let me sleep until noon,and we will not get much done. :roll:
looking foward to all this...

ymepointer

Re: spokane trip

Post by ymepointer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Most of that sounds true except for the beer, we have the BEST beer in the PNW...even in podunk Spokainee, you will find good micro brews. :D

deke

Post by deke » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Where in Washington are you guys training, I live in the Bellingham and cannot find a spot to train with people to save my life. Right now we got three guys who know next to nothing trying to teach a dog who knows more than us. It is kind of scary to be honest.

k2k

Post by k2k » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Maybe see you at a trial? Hope to meet you if so. Dan trained one of my dogs a few years ago. I like that guy, he's funnier than heck!

Karen

larue

Post by larue » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:50 pm

We will be training somewhere in eastern washington,to be honest I get up at 5am with dan,load a butt load of dogs,horses,ect and dan drives me somewhere out in the middle of no where.So I really dont know where I am when we are training.
I just follow dan around,drink his beer and try to keep up with him.
I will be at the trial held on oct 2,3 .

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Is that the IE Shorthair trial? I may have to swing down to watch the dogs run. Dan is a very good trainer for sure. Food is usually very good at that event

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:26 pm

It would be an AKC horseback trial TC. To run your HTA pup, you would need to cross register it with the AKC, assuming your pup is FDSB registered

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:30 pm

Puppy stakes just run and have fum...if you encounter a bird must fire cap pistol...dog not required to find and handle birds

derby stakes, dog must find and point birds cap over each find...in akc not reqired to be broke to wing and shot as a derby

adult (gun dog) stakes, dog must find and handle game broke to wing and shot, may be required to retrieve if the stake requires it.. All these stakes in Oct I believe will be horseback stakes wich means you can ride a horse to handle off of. You can walk these horseback stakes too if you don't have a mount but it is a disadvantage to do so.