Super Dog Program for Pups

High Brass

Super Dog Program for Pups

Post by High Brass » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:06 am

Is any one using the Super Dog Program for early neurological stimulation of new born puppies?

Thanks
Bob
Hard Scrabble Maggie
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"[He] hopes to own a dog that has pointing instinct, and bird-finding brains. The dog that will hunt for you, not the dog you have to hunt for. The better type of English Setter....[is] the dual-type: Which means, the kind that are fit to shoot over in the field on game, and the kind that are fit to look at, or have about the home, the balance of the year and be appreciated."

George H. Ryman
Ryman Gundog Kennels

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Super Dog Program for Pups

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:58 am

I do the New Skete method of stimulation I have modified it a bit geared more for bird dogs then guard/attack dogs
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:38 am

I do and so does Prairiefire Pointers. He has a really nice article on his website concerning this program.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:46 pm

I used it on our last litter. No way really of knowing if it made a difference in the pup's performance later in life.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:54 pm

I also use the "super dog" program. It would be difficult to tell if the pups are any better or not. But it has been said that my puppies adapted well to their new homes, house broke easily and appeared bold and confident.

It certainly didn't hurt them.
Tom

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:10 pm

First time I had heard of the New Skete ..I tested it in a couple pups from the litter I had on the ground and I could see a difference in the 2 pups versus the others ...They were more active and a bit more balanced then the other pups and this all started before the eyes were opened. Not like they were walking up right but they were less wobbly then their littermates that didn't have the handling

I also did notice they gained weight a bit better since they were stringer on other things so stronger nursing fell into helping them gain better
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

High Brass

Post by High Brass » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Hey Knine how do I get info on the new Skete program modified for pointing dogs?

Thanks
Bob
Hard Scrabble Maggie
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"[He] hopes to own a dog that has pointing instinct, and bird-finding brains. The dog that will hunt for you, not the dog you have to hunt for. The better type of English Setter....[is] the dual-type: Which means, the kind that are fit to shoot over in the field on game, and the kind that are fit to look at, or have about the home, the balance of the year and be appreciated."

George H. Ryman
Ryman Gundog Kennels

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:37 pm

High Brass wrote:Hey Knine how do I get info on the new Skete program modified for pointing dogs?

Thanks
Bob
I got the book and pretty much followed the first few weeks ...What I did to add to the program is after the stimulation of paws back neck and the rolling and cooling I bring back to me for warmth and calming then I would place them back in the whelping box with bird wings So bird scent is being a scent that is associated with a good thing

when the eyes open I will place in fresh dead or frozen quail and let them investigate and explore.

let them explore I keep the radio on from the time before they can hear I do not walk in quiet I am always excited and pups learn noise is we get to come out we get fed noise becomes a good thing

I also change feeding spots every couple days ...first in the whelping area then open the gate and feed is out side the whelping area...I let them learn how to figure their own way out of the whelp pen..I have the whelp pen gate where it is away from the door to the room this way they have to really figure out how to get around to get out

I will drop things in to the center of the pups let them figure out what it is

I have a can that makes noise when it rolls around

Kids toys ones with buttons that when pushed make noise

One thing I kinda noticed when the over sensation is over done..it is fine if you maintain that but many new owners will not and if the pups are not kept up with the constant work sometimes they seem to regress a bit to much so I backed up a bit on over doing but what I am doing really does help pups to adapt to new places better plus it really helps on the pups and rarely do my pups go off food when traveled or at new home