Kept my birds out to late:( Lesson learned.

Keith White

Kept my birds out to late:( Lesson learned.

Post by Keith White » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Took my dog and some homers out to late this afternoon trying to escape the heat. I got there about 7pm and set out 3 birds in launchers and let my dog smell the other 3 in hand and let them go. Then I worked my dog on the 3 planted birds and was finished around 8pm loading the gear and headed for the house. When I got home it was dark so I went to shut my birds up like I always do and I flushed them up in the yard. They were sitting in the dark in the yard instead of getting in their coop. I put a flashlight near the landing board and the majority of them went back in. I went to try to push the last 2 birds in and they flew off the coop instead of going back in. Then out of now where, in swoops a big OWL, and takes one out! The other one is still out there some where. I guess I will just have to make time to train in the morning. Its tough with work and getting the kids off to school. It was still 100 degrees at 8:30 pm. Dang this Texas heat.

JessiNGunther

Re: Kept my birds out to late:( Lesson learned.

Post by JessiNGunther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:29 am

Sounds like AZ . When we did any thing in the summer it was at night or you had to wake up at 3:am. :x
Life is best when you're Jeeping with your Family and Dogs
General Gunther Von Grants
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

gspfan

Re: Kept my birds out to late:( Lesson learned.

Post by gspfan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Keith, There are 4 of us training gsp's about 5 minutes from your house. We are on 915 east of you. You can email me at rickheaton2002@yahoo.com