Ripped off?!

Kiki

Ripped off?!

Post by Kiki » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Sorry mods I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this kind of stuff on the forum or if this is the correct section. Please move or delete as you see necessary.

I recently purchased an item on this forum from a fellow GDF member. Before I sent him payment for the item his communication was great, but after receiving his money it went south from there. He supplied me with a USPS tracking number lastweek Thursday August 25. I know USPS tracking isn't the greatest so I waited a while before contacting an actual rep. I was able to speak to a rep this morning (8/31/11) and they said the number he supplied wasn't a valid number and that they would be able to see the status of the item as soon as it was shipped. I tried to contact this member twice since Saturday August 27 but he hasn't responded yet. I'm hopeing he gave me the wrong number and the item will show up, but I have my doubts.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: Ripped off?!

Post by topher40 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Your fine, lets not name names though. This is something that should be handled between the two of you. I hope it works out and sorry to hear. As with any purchase ANYWHERE buyer beware!
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Your house, your rules... (I'm guessing you are a moderator? I'm used to moderator names being a different color...)

What would be the point in bringing things into the open if names can't be used?

I've seen instances where people drug their feet on shipping or refunding money for months, once close to a year, and never had time to ship the part or paypal the money back. Their name came out, and all of a sudden they had the time!
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:20 pm

This is supposed to be a forum where everyone helps each other out so if Kiki is being ripped off by someone I would like to know a name so I don't make the mistake of ordering from that person.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:23 pm

I am a moderator, although I still dont know why my name doesnt show different. I have asked for it to be done after some people asked for it. Not sure what can be done at this point.

To my knowledge over the past 8-10 years that I have been involved with this board we have frowned upon publicly ridiculing kennels, dogs, birds, anything private treaty due to liability. If you want to PM folks about your experience feel free, just refrain from posting it publicly. If you think about it what good is going to come of it anyways? Will it really resolve the issue? Best thing to do is to keep contacting the seller/buyer/ect, not much can come out of airing it in public than bad stuff.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:29 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:This is supposed to be a forum where everyone helps each other out so if Kiki is being ripped off by someone I would like to know a name so I don't make the mistake of ordering from that person.

same here

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:31 pm

topher40 wrote:I am a moderator, although I still dont know why my name doesnt show different. I have asked for it to be done after some people asked for it. Not sure what can be done at this point.

To my knowledge over the past 8-10 years that I have been involved with this board we have frowned upon publicly ridiculing kennels, dogs, birds, anything private treaty due to liability. If you want to PM folks about your experience feel free, just refrain from posting it publicly. If you think about it what good is going to come of it anyways? Will it really resolve the issue? Best thing to do is to keep contacting the seller/buyer/ect, not much can come out of airing it in public than bad stuff.
Dude, whip out your Sharpie and color it in whatever color you want! :lol:

I've seen it get people their goods or money (which I would certainly consider resolving the issue), and have never seen it become a liability issue. Truth is a sure defense against libel.

I've seen shops known for shafting customers and performing sub par work put out of business because it came out on forums, I would call that a good thing for the community as a whole...

There is a difference in airing complaints to warn others and seeking to resolve issues and just bashing or ridiculing the other guy.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:39 pm

And I can tell you why. There is no more proof that Kiki got ripped off than that he is mad at someone or is doing the ripping off. Sure, we don't think that is the case, but it has happened on this board several times. Plus quite a few times it ended up as a misunderstanding and that was all. There is no sense in opening the board or any of it's members to a libel suit.

I have as much curiosity as any of you as to who, and if it can be proved he will be removed from the board. But until we can have both parties present and find out what really happened it is prudent to stay out of it. Once proved, a whole nother story.

Maybe think of it this way guys, when someone makes a claim about what a jerk you are and you lied to them we aren't going to let that individual ruin your reputation either till it is a proven fact.

It's just that simple, we care about your reputation and we are not going to allow anyone ruin it while on this board.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:46 pm

So we expect someone to come in here and say, "Yep, I took the money, but didn't ship anything!"? I'm not gonna hold my breath.

People can call me a jerk all they want, most people are aware that I'm a jerk. I also don't lie, so I'm not worried about false accusations.

Siskiyou Blues

Post by Siskiyou Blues » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:52 pm

I was a member of a board that had a very strict no talking about bad deals policy. They didn't want to deal with it.
Then I had a couple hundred dollars stolen from me and risked being banned if I tried to use the forums for help.

If this board is like that remind me to stay far away from the classifieds.

MATT4126

Post by MATT4126 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Not sure of the USPS, but does it make a difference you are not in the lower 48 for shipping purposes?

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Siskiyou Blues wrote:I was a member of a board that had a very strict no talking about bad deals policy. They didn't want to deal with it.
Then I had a couple hundred dollars stolen from me and risked being banned if I tried to use the forums for help.

If this board is like that remind me to stay far away from the classifieds.
+1
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:16 pm

ezzy333 wrote:And I can tell you why. There is no more proof that Kiki got ripped off than that he is mad at someone or is doing the ripping off. Sure, we don't think that is the case, but it has happened on this board several times. Plus quite a few times it ended up as a misunderstanding and that was all. There is no sense in opening the board or any of it's members to a libel suit.

I have as much curiosity as any of you as to who, and if it can be proved he will be removed from the board. But until we can have both parties present and find out what really happened it is prudent to stay out of it. Once proved, a whole nother story.

Maybe think of it this way guys, when someone makes a claim about what a jerk you are and you lied to them we aren't going to let that individual ruin your reputation either till it is a proven fact.

It's just that simple, we care about your reputation and we are not going to allow anyone ruin it while on this board.

Ezzy

On this note..The OP should post evidence as to why they think they got ripped off. Provide the tracking number, messages sent to the seller minus the name, and any other things that would provided that they got ripped off. At that time everyone can make decision as to if we should release the persons name or provide it to a mod to have them ask to provide proof that they did what they were suppose to do. That way they remain hidden till all agree that they did wrong or right.

Jesse

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Read this:
In summary, unless a website operator is also a "developer" or "content provider" of defamatory content, it cannot be found liable in defamation. The Shiamili Court held that defendants were not "developers" of the complained-of content, because the content had been authored and posted by third parties. The Court did not determine whether a website operator becomes a "developer" when it solicits negative content, because it found that no actionable solicitation "[c]reating an open forum for third-parties to post content—including negative commentary—is at the core of what section 230 protects." Id. **14.

The Court further held that no liability attached to the act of moving comments to independent posts since that was "well-within 'a publisher's traditional editorial functions.'" Id. **15-16; citing Zeran, 129 F.3d 327 at 330. The Court found that defendants were the "content providers" of the heading, sub-heading and illustration but found this content non-actionable. Id.**18.
It came from here (for context):
http://www.law.com/jsp/nylj/PubArticleN ... hbxlogin=1

The way I read that is that as long as the developers/ moderators are not encouraging and/or soliciting the negative comments the website cannot be held lible for what its thrid parties put on it.

I can see both points, I'm just offering some data to the argument...

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:28 pm

If Kiki wants to give people their info in a PM there is nothing we can do to stop that...

But until it is determined if it is a USPS issue or what ever how is any one really supposed to know what has happened.

maybe something bad happened to the person who sent
maybe an address was written incorrectly and the package is being returned to sender

not to long ago we had a very reputable breeder go on a very well deserved vacation during their 10 plus day no cell no internet vacation something happened with a pup they sold and the person got on here bad mouthing these people for not returning their call and saying some pretty nasty things about them . They had no way to defend themselves as they were out of touch with the back home world.

So yes we have to be publicly fair to both parties.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:45 pm

Thats why I said to give the general facts, no opinions, no names and we as a group can come to a consenses as to what happened. Then if a mod wants to contact that person asking them to join the conversation or to provide details as to what they did or didn't do. That way it protects all parties involved and we can help a fellow board member out. Nobody gets hurt.

Jesse

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:47 pm

I sold something on here a while back. The GDF buyer contacted me several times, wanting to know when I shipped the item, as he hadn't gotten it after over a week. He eventually asked me where I shipped it to, and I went through all my saved emails, to discover the only address I'd ever been given was by Paypal. We discovered his Paypal account had his previous residence listed. He contacted the current residents, and they had thrown the item away. Since the used item didn't have a lot of value to me, I offered to refund 1/2 his money to soften the blow. It was a small amount to begin with, and he was honorable and wanted nothing to do with my refund. Since this was Media Mail shipping, that can take up to 9 days, this was probably a 2 week affair to get to the bottom of it. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm glad he didn't get on here and say don't buy anything from this lady.

Kiki, if he did erroneously give you the wrong tracking # by accident, what is USPS's estimate on how long a package would take to get to Hawaii, with the shipping method used? If he just gave you the # last Thursday, and possibly shipped it that day, that's not very long ago...especially if it's going Parcel Post. Not having someone respond back in 3 days (contacted on 8/27), especially when it involves the weekend, might not be out of the norm either. I understand you have doubts, and having a bad tracking # has to be a bad feeling, but sometimes stuff happens in the middle...and it all works out in the end. I hope that's the case with your dealing, and best of luck in getting your merchandise...

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:13 pm

I have to agree with Wems. I have bought stuff and gotten a Tracking # that never ended up showing up on their database but the item arrived at my doorstep a week later. Their system of tracking #'s is just plain stuiped. I even had the ship items that had a path that went by my door step twice before it got on a truck to come to my house. So who knows, thats why we call it snailmail. Just keep emailing, PMing and calling him and you will get things worked out.

Vman

Post by Vman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Just a different angle here, are you sure the tracking number is from USPS and not UPS? A UPS tracking number will start with 1Z.
I always forward the tracking number to my purchasing customer once UPS has assigned to the shipment, that way the customer knows their purchase has been shipped and it is then out of my hands. It usually takes a day or two before you can actually track it.

Born2Hunt

Post by Born2Hunt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Only time will tell, but would be helpful to know who to not buy stuff from.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:31 pm

If you want to know PM kiki

but in truth I wouldn't panic yet though What if the postal service lost it ...Lets give it a bit of time before we jump to conclusions :wink:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

tn red

Post by tn red » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:40 pm

wems2371 wrote:I sold something on here a while back. The GDF buyer contacted me several times, wanting to know when I shipped the item, as he hadn't gotten it after over a week. He eventually asked me where I shipped it to, and I went through all my saved emails, to discover the only address I'd ever been given was by Paypal. We discovered his Paypal account had his previous residence listed. He contacted the current residents, and they had thrown the item away. Since the used item didn't have a lot of value to me, I offered to refund 1/2 his money to soften the blow. It was a small amount to begin with, and he was honorable and wanted nothing to do with my refund. Since this was Media Mail shipping, that can take up to 9 days, this was probably a 2 week affair to get to the bottom of it. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm glad he didn't get on here and say don't buy anything from this lady.

Kiki, if he did erroneously give you the wrong tracking # by accident, what is USPS's estimate on how long a package would take to get to Hawaii, with the shipping method used? If he just gave you the # last Thursday, and possibly shipped it that day, that's not very long ago...especially if it's going Parcel Post. Not having someone respond back in 3 days (contacted on 8/27), especially when it involves the weekend, might not be out of the norm either. I understand you have doubts, and having a bad tracking # has to be a bad feeling, but sometimes stuff happens in the middle...and it all works out in the end. I hope that's the case with your dealing, and best of luck in getting your merchandise...
+1 finally common sense.Hope you get your stuff but come on ...you've got to be sure before you call somebody a crook,look at everybody wanting to know who the thief is & you dont even know if the person is a thief

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Why are so many people on this board so quick to jump on a witch hunt? Dude its been 5 days (today is the 30th not 31st) , everyone needs to relax... :roll:

Is the item going to HI? Could be a reason for the delay, or maybe Hurricane issues? I guess depends on where the item was coming from.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:32 pm

...and I recently purchased something off eBay, got a USPS tracking number that was supposed to be invalid but received the item two days later.

Not saying that will happen here.

We have a firm policy that we don't bash folks on here by name in the open due to lawsuit concerns. Do what you will by PM, just not in "public".

We've had the policy for years, almost since the beginning. If you don't like it, you can talk to Steve and or Rob. If you just want to vent, you can PM me.

Kiki

Post by Kiki » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:49 pm

At this point I would rather not provide any names. I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt until it is proved other wise. This post may seem premature to some but this person knew from Tuesday August 16 that I was going to buy. I sent him the money the afternoon of Tuesday August 16 which he recieved on Saturday August 20. He said he was going to ship out the box as soon as he gets the money. I figured I'll give a few days just in case. By Wednesday August 24 I still didn't here anything so I pm him to see if he shipped like he said he would. He says that he can't find a box big enough so had to delay. On Thurdsay August 25 he pm's me the tracking number, which he clarified in a pm a few minutes ago was in fact the receipt number and not the tracking. I still don't have a tracking number to follow so I'll just have to wait to see what happens.

I got a pm from this person saying I was trashing and calling him a crook. From what I have seen in my post I have not named or called anyone out. If and when this package arrives, with the same shipping date he provided (Thursday August 25, 2011) I will be more then willing to make a public apology. If the mods allow it, I will even make a post saying how sorry and wrong I was.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Kiki wrote:At this point I would rather not provide any names. I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt until it is proved other wise. This post may seem premature to some but this person knew from Tuesday August 16 that I was going to buy. I sent him the money the afternoon of Tuesday August 16 which he recieved on Saturday August 20. He said he was going to ship out the box as soon as he gets the money. I figured I'll give a few days just in case. By Wednesday August 24 I still didn't here anything so I pm him to see if he shipped like he said he would. He says that he can't find a box big enough so had to delay. On Thurdsay August 25 he pm's me the tracking number, which he clarified in a pm a few minutes ago was in fact the receipt number and not the tracking. I still don't have a tracking number to follow so I'll just have to wait to see what happens.

I got a pm from this person saying I was trashing and calling him a crook. From what I have seen in my post I have not named or called anyone out. If and when this package arrives, with the same shipping date he provided (Thursday August 25, 2011) I will be more then willing to make a public apology. If the mods allow it, I will even make a post saying how sorry and wrong I was.
A whole lot better yet would be talk to the people involved and usually things work out. This is a case in point. For all of you who just had to have the guys name, before he was even quilty of anything might be able to see why we don't pubvlish names. And for those who think our forum is not worth looking at since we don't publish names of accused then you should be looking for a different board since we will continue till told otherwise to try and protect the innocent till proven guilty.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:00 pm

This all sounds like silly drama for drama's sake....if your dates are correct i see no impropriety just unrealistic timeline expectations and drama. :roll:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:07 pm

I swear it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Just trying to lighten things up :idea:

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:56 pm

birddog1968 wrote:This all sounds like silly drama for drama's sake....if your dates are correct i see no impropriety just unrealistic timeline expectations and drama. :roll:
+1

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Siskiyou Blues

Post by Siskiyou Blues » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Kiki wrote:At this point I would rather not provide any names. I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt until it is proved other wise. This post may seem premature to some but this person knew from Tuesday August 16 that I was going to buy. I sent him the money the afternoon of Tuesday August 16 which he recieved on Saturday August 20. He said he was going to ship out the box as soon as he gets the money. I figured I'll give a few days just in case. By Wednesday August 24 I still didn't here anything so I pm him to see if he shipped like he said he would. He says that he can't find a box big enough so had to delay. On Thurdsay August 25 he pm's me the tracking number, which he clarified in a pm a few minutes ago was in fact the receipt number and not the tracking. I still don't have a tracking number to follow so I'll just have to wait to see what happens.

A whole lot better yet would be talk to the people involved and usually things work out. This is a case in point. For all of you who just had to have the guys name, before he was even quilty of anything might be able to see why we don't pubvlish names. And for those who think our forum is not worth looking at since we don't publish names of accused then you should be looking for a different board since we will continue till told otherwise to try and protect the innocent till proven guilty.

Ezzy
I don't think anyone would leave the forums for those reasons, but it does make it easy to be leery of dealing with strangers in the classifieds.
It is just really easy to get burned.

pinebrookkennel

Post by pinebrookkennel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:09 pm

my goodness it hasn't even been a week. :? Alot of people and places wont even ship outside the lower 48. Maybe im just jealous, all we have here is flat land and crops.

Jered
Make no distinction between practice and combat !
Miyamoto Musashi.
Knowledge, once gained can never be stolen or repossessed.
Jered

cpinkert

Post by cpinkert » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm in the camp of people who think you're getting ahead of yourself here, Kiki. That said, stuff like this is EXACTLY why I won't buy anything online without using PayPal. It amazes me people will send complete strangers money in the mail. I've used PayPal's buyer protection program a couple times when I received items that were broken or I didn't receive them. Got my money back within 3 weeks both times.

fuzznut

Post by fuzznut » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 pm

you do remember there was a major weather event on the east coast that closed down every airport from NC to Maine from 8/26 throughout the weekend. People have been stranded everywhere, so it wouldn't surprise me that packages could be stranded as well. Who knows... I hope you get what you ordered, just thought I would toss in the shipping problems this past week.
Fuzz who was stuck in that storm!
Home of NAFC/DC Ariel's Justa Gotta Go Now- 2010 AKC Gun Dog 1 hr. CH R/U
http://germanwirehair.blogspot.com/

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:48 pm

I can tell you USPS is not the greatest and they have a very poor tracking that tracking is more like proof of shipping nothing more. We have had many things that took much longer to get there then they said..We have paid extra for faster service only to have stuff show up days late ...and to boot they do not offer refunds it is to bad so sad we have your money and we didn't get your product there in time...

I sure hope you get your package tomorrow or the next day

Onk

Post by Onk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:17 pm

kninebirddog wrote:I can tell you USPS is not the greatest and they have a very poor tracking that tracking is more like proof of shipping nothing more. We have had many things that took much longer to get there then they said..We have paid extra for faster service only to have stuff show up days late ...and to boot they do not offer refunds it is to bad so sad we have your money and we didn't get your product there in time...

Try using a delivery confirmation lavel, it is like $.50 per package or at least in that ball park. That tracks it from counter to door. Tracking number is a pretty new service the PO offers, as with everything the bugs will need to be worked out and you are right, it is more of a shipping proof than it is tracking number. Express is the only shipping with a guaranteed delivery time and it does have a refund if the time is not met. Most Priority shipping is 2-3 days, most 2 days depending on the distance. Today alone I delivered almost 4000 pieces of mail not including packages, there are times we are late for sure! b Just as many times someone says they shipped a certain date only to find out they really shipped it one, two, sometimes 6 or 7 days after the date they said. The whole time pointing the finger of blame at the poor ole mail carriers! :D
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Onk wrote:
kninebirddog wrote:I can tell you USPS is not the greatest and they have a very poor tracking that tracking is more like proof of shipping nothing more. We have had many things that took much longer to get there then they said..We have paid extra for faster service only to have stuff show up days late ...and to boot they do not offer refunds it is to bad so sad we have your money and we didn't get your product there in time...

Try using a delivery confirmation lavel, it is like $.50 per package or at least in that ball park. That tracks it from counter to door. Tracking number is a pretty new service the PO offers, as with everything the bugs will need to be worked out and you are right, it is more of a shipping proof than it is tracking number. Express is the only shipping with a guaranteed delivery time and it does have a refund if the time is not met. Most Priority shipping is 2-3 days, most 2 days depending on the distance. Today alone I delivered almost 4000 pieces of mail not including packages, there are times we are late for sure! b Just as many times someone says they shipped a certain date only to find out they really shipped it one, two, sometimes 6 or 7 days after the date they said. The whole time pointing the finger of blame at the poor ole mail carriers! :D
we sent express and when it didn't get there we were told to bad so sad basically..

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:42 pm

I had another incidence happen where I shipped a package through one of those shipping stores..where you pay about 2 dollars extra rather then drive to the post office any way I paid and the kid behind the counter put a 1.45 stamp on a 5.45 package so needless to say 2 days later my package landed back in my mail box and not where I was shipping to...I took the package back to the place and the owner was there and he very apologetic apparently the kid did that to a few people that day and no longer has a part time job with him

crewzm

Post by crewzm » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Any one seen the movie Grumpy Old Men?

Onk

Post by Onk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZix9sSYsHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJGS_1oFXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdUkoYz50OE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5efDMvx ... re=related

Here Arlette figured I would help educate you on package delivery since you have helped me so much on gun dog issues! :lol:

Whoever told you that was wrong, as long as you had your shipping receipt! If it is Express it is quaranteed!

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Onk

Post by Onk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 pm

In fact Arlette the USPS delivers packages for FedEx and UPS, mostly in the rural areas. Rural Carriers are every box every day, therefore UPS and FedEX save money paying us to deliver alot of their rural packages, not all! Did not know how many knew this, the UPS truck is at our office two to three times a day depending on the season. :D

Anyway, I hope you get your package KiKi! Give the guy a chance, maybe it will work out! Who knows, maybe it is lost in the mail!? :lol:

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:25 am

i think its only right that if a person on this board DOES rip someone off then we all should be aware to not buy from them, the best way for this to happen really is if you buy something in the classifieds and dont get it and you become concerned then PM a mod and have them also try to contact the person at some point and if you dont receive your product then mods need to ban the member so the rest of us dont get BURNED..just like mods edit or delete a post in a conversation the same concept should be enforced for scammers posting things in the classifieds (not to say this that applies to this case)..i remember not too long ago another member posted an issue with a member who he never received birds from, did he ever get his birds???? was anything done to prevent this member from reposting and BURNING other members, just curious what resulted from that issue......ruth

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:54 am

I appreciate the sentiment, but it is almost impossible to do in practice.

What other sites do is have reviews of both seller and buyer experiences, or a "good guys" list.

GDF is hard enough to manage as is. You can get with Rob and Steve to see what they will do, but I, personally, can't take on one more iota of load here...even if it was PAID work.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:12 am

Besides IF someone really does get ripped off and they have tried to take care of it in Private ways then as long as you are not Publicly posting the name say what happened and IF someone else wants to know "who" it was then those persons interested can PRIVATE MESSAGE for the rest of the information

But hey Let's give this one at least another week or even 2 seeing that we have a holiday coming up before we Jump to conclusions also allowing time for the person who shipped the product time to try and track the item if it was lost

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:59 am

In the event a member is found out to be ripping people off are you saying its too hard to ban them or prevent them from posting in classifieds :? how can that be to hard to do???..or am i misunderstanding your point...in my opinion it seems as though the scammers rights are protected and the buyers are SOL, thats just how im seeing it..i mean if i understand correctly knine, you are saying we can only hope if someone gets ripped off on here that they post a warning BUT with no names, we have to PM them if we want to make sure we dont get ripped off too..SO what if a member DONT post when they get ripped off?? then what, the scammer gets to keep their ad up and continue ripping others off while this site protects THE SCAMMERS rights??..i understand you cant jump the gun and post the persons name incase of a "misunderstanding" but im talking about the rip off being proven, why not just delete any ads that the member has posted and ban them just like you would if they broke other rules on this site......ruth

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:02 am

GUNDOGS wrote:i think its only right that if a person on this board DOES rip someone off then we all should be aware to not buy from them, the best way for this to happen really is if you buy something in the classifieds and dont get it and you become concerned then PM a mod and have them also try to contact the person at some point and if you dont receive your product then mods need to ban the member so the rest of us dont get BURNED..just like mods edit or delete a post in a conversation the same concept should be enforced for scammers posting things in the classifieds (not to say this that applies to this case)..i remember not too long ago another member posted an issue with a member who he never received birds from, did he ever get his birds???? was anything done to prevent this member from reposting and BURNING other members, just curious what resulted from that issue......ruth
And the first thing we are going to need is proof. Might be hard to do by mail and we might have to have a license if we are going to participate as a third party. I think this has something to do with the law requiring both parties to be in court so the accused can see the accuser eye to eye. Just a lot going on that says a public forum is not the place to use as a judge and jury. But we try to make sure everyone is on the up and up and so far it has worked pretty well.

Ezzy

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:17 am

Pretty much...As for the classic scammer I would have to say that is a pretty low chance here, Not saying it can't happen but if it was a big problem we would have daily posts with people with problems..

I would have to say the majority of people that buy stuff on forums transactions go fairly well

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:43 am

I agree, its obvious that scammers are rare on here which is a good thing and i think if they know they will not get away with it then it will happen even less..overall i have to say this board is run very well in my opinion thanks to the mods.....ruth :D

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:54 am

Perhaps I am unsophisticated and boring, but I have never needed much related to supplies etc that I couldn't get at WalMart. When I have needed specialty items, I just picked up the phone and called Lion Supply, or stopped by Cabelas.

That said, PMs are needed. The only problem with that is that it does not satisfy our morbid curiosities. :wink:
big steve

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:50 am

Want to add to this that I am in possession of pictures of the mail receipt request. I'll post them this evening.

So, I think this is going to turn out fine. Just miscommunications and impatience.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:28 am

See how easy this went. OP posted information to help us make a decision whether this is bad deal or not. A mod then went to the person to speak with them and they provided proof that it did get mailed. Everything will work out fine. Just got to love our lovely postal system. :)