Ripped off?!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Ripped off?!

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:33 am

Brittlver wrote:See how easy this went. OP posted information to help us make a decision whether this is bad deal or not. A mod then went to the person to speak with them and they provided proof that it did get mailed. Everything will work out fine. Just got to love our lovely postal system. :)
Might be a great business to start if you think you can keep billons of individual letters an packages straight without ever losing one or mis-shipping.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:41 am

No thank you I prefer not to get chased by ankle biters :lol:

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 am

GUNDOGS wrote:In the event a member is found out to be ripping people off are you saying its too hard to ban them or prevent them from posting in classifieds :? how can that be to hard to do???..or am i misunderstanding your point...in my opinion it seems as though the scammers rights are protected and the buyers are SOL, thats just how im seeing it..i mean if i understand correctly knine, you are saying we can only hope if someone gets ripped off on here that they post a warning BUT with no names, we have to PM them if we want to make sure we dont get ripped off too..SO what if a member DONT post when they get ripped off?? then what, the scammer gets to keep their ad up and continue ripping others off while this site protects THE SCAMMERS rights??..i understand you cant jump the gun and post the persons name incase of a "misunderstanding" but im talking about the rip off being proven, why not just delete any ads that the member has posted and ban them just like you would if they broke other rules on this site......ruth
Typical of the way things are done these days. It happens in law enforcement and through the court systems as well. This is why we have so may repeat offenders in our nation today and such a poor rate of rehabilitation in our corrections institutes. It is a sad commentary on the state of things in the world. I am glad that in this case it is turning out for the better but I am appalled that so many were willing to come to the defense of a would be "scammer".
It shows the liberal attitude toward wrongdoers in our society. :cry: In my experience there is no miscommunication there are just those that do not care enough for the people whom they are selling items to to get off their dead as$%s and send the item and then to notify that person that it has been sent. Everytime I have sold an item on this forum I have made it a point to send the item out the same day I receive payment and to either call or notify the buyer by pm or email that the item has been sent. All it take is a little customer service on the part of the seller. :wink: This particular time it turned out to be a postal incident sounds like and I am happy for the buyer but this will not always be the case. I agree with Ruth on this one.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:03 am

Greg Jennings wrote:Want to add to this that I am in possession of pictures of the mail receipt request. I'll post them this evening.

So, I think this is going to turn out fine. Just miscommunications and impatience.
They don't call it snail mail for no reason :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:04 am

tommyboy72 wrote: Typical of the way things are done these days. It happens in law enforcement and through the court systems as well. This is why we have so may repeat offenders in our nation today and such a poor rate of rehabilitation in our corrections institutes. It is a sad commentary on the state of things in the world. I am glad that in this case it is turning out for the better but I am appalled that so many were willing to come to the defense of a would be "scammer".
It shows the liberal attitude toward wrongdoers in our society. :cry: In my experience there is no miscommunication there are just those that do not care enough for the people whom they are selling items to to get off their dead as$%s and send the item and then to notify that person that it has been sent. Everytime I have sold an item on this forum I have made it a point to send the item out the same day I receive payment and to either call or notify the buyer by pm or email that the item has been sent. All it take is a little customer service on the part of the seller. :wink: This particular time it turned out to be a postal incident sounds like and I am happy for the buyer but this will not always be the case. I agree with Ruth on this one.
You cant be serious? Would be scammer? How was the person in question a would be scammer? THIS is whats wrong with society everyone wants to jump to conclusions and place blame without following trough with research. THIS is what society someone can make and accusation and people will place blame without knowing the whole story.

You are making assumptions based on what you think you know , the problem is you don't know what you are talking about.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:18 am

"appalled"? "would be scammer"? <sadly shaking my head>

tn red

Post by tn red » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 am

Tommy why do you find it hard to beleive folks would defend someone ?Could be they knew more than the jack&&s demanding a name of the thief!!Ive sold & bought lots of things off GDF never have lost a dime & sure didnt ask if i had got ripped off because i didnt get it the day i wanted it.Why did folks assume the seller was in the wrong & not that it was a missunderstanding? I guess some people just differnt they find out the facts before they jump in with both feet :roll:

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:29 am

So clearly this guy is the problem and its no more complex or diabolical than that...thank goodness no one remembered how to tie a noose.

I don't understand or or even want to understand the logic employed by people who demand that others do something different to solve what they perceive as a problem. Why are the moderators or proprieters of this site responsible for changing their view of things or the way theu do things because me or anyone else doesn't like their position? They charge nothing and in my opinion are doing a poor job of marketing their own business on the site, it pretty much is a free public service.

In this particular case nothing was wrong...and if their initial reaction would have been to drag someone's name into the public the outcome would have been a problem created where one didn't exist. I do not mean to offend Kiki,he or she has been extremely nice in the communications I have read, and helped me identify the little brown partridges running around the island, but why would the initial reaction be to publicize a potential problem? What would the outcome have been if a private message was sent to a moderator asking for help in communication that had broken down for a transaction initiated on their site? At a minimum they would have the opportunity then to facilitate a solution without having to answer to the emotions of the masses who have no business in the matter what so ever.

Hysteria, emotion, bravado and a huge helping of "they oughta do it this way" fills up far too many folks' days. Success comes from productivity, efficiency and self discipline. What a waste of time, in the big picture what is wrong is a country full of people comfortable being victims of external factors and they don't even recognize it...

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:31 am

tommyboy72 wrote:
GUNDOGS wrote:In the event a member is found out to be ripping people off are you saying its too hard to ban them or prevent them from posting in classifieds :? how can that be to hard to do???..or am i misunderstanding your point...in my opinion it seems as though the scammers rights are protected and the buyers are SOL, thats just how im seeing it..i mean if i understand correctly knine, you are saying we can only hope if someone gets ripped off on here that they post a warning BUT with no names, we have to PM them if we want to make sure we dont get ripped off too..SO what if a member DONT post when they get ripped off?? then what, the scammer gets to keep their ad up and continue ripping others off while this site protects THE SCAMMERS rights??..i understand you cant jump the gun and post the persons name incase of a "misunderstanding" but im talking about the rip off being proven, why not just delete any ads that the member has posted and ban them just like you would if they broke other rules on this site......ruth
Typical of the way things are done these days. It happens in law enforcement and through the court systems as well. This is why we have so may repeat offenders in our nation today and such a poor rate of rehabilitation in our corrections institutes. It is a sad commentary on the state of things in the world. I am glad that in this case it is turning out for the better but I am appalled that so many were willing to come to the defense of a would be "scammer".
And it may be the reason that people flock here where they are considered innocent till proven guilty just like this case. It is sad that it takes so long to get people into court to decide if they are guilty or not but it isn't and never has been wrong to make sure someone is guilty before we decide how to punish them. And it is always easy to tell all of us how Lilly white and pure you are, whether it is you or me doing it, but we all know it just isn't that way all of the time.

Why may I ask do you wait to ship an item till you get the money in your hand. If I buy from you, it should be my right to get the merchandise before sending the money. But just suggest that and you will find out how stupid you are to even think that.

I can't argue what your experience tells you but if that is your experience then you just don't have a lot of experience.

It seems funny to me that anytime something like this comes up, 90% of the time the one complaining has been at fault. And it is also surprising that at least one percent of the people jump on it first, and it normally is the same one percent, then a few will post with a little better thought out response and the other 98% just sit back and wait till everything gets worked out before they might post but most don't.

It does bother me that the few always seem to know more than those of us involved and seem to have no confidence at all in ours or anyone else's opinions even when they are in a position to know more about what is going on. I can sit here and monitor practically every post made on this board, receive hundreds of PM's and yet According to a few of you that I and the other Mods just don't understand how the world works and have no idea what is going on here on the board or how to keep it running. And all of the time we continue to grow faster that all of the wonderful other boards you are on that have so much better policies and moderators.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

tn red

Post by tn red » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:35 am

C 12 you need to run for whitehouse :lol: :lol:

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:43 pm

ACooper wrote:You are making assumptions based on what you think you know , the problem is you don't know what you are talking about.
I formed my own opinion on the information given and formed my own opinion like most all of us do.
tn red wrote:Tommy why do you find it hard to beleive folks would defend someone ?Could be they knew more than the jack&&s demanding a name of the thief!! :roll:
First off I didn't demand anything. Secondly thank you for the insult it shows your intelligence. I never insulted you in this post until that last remark. Thirdly I don't really care if you think I am a jacka$$. Most people do. Your opinion matters about as much to me as my vote did in the last presidential election so take that for what is is worth.
ezzy333 wrote: And it is always easy to tell all of us how Lilly white and pure you are, whether it is you or me doing it, but we all know it just isn't that way all of the time.

Why may I ask do you wait to ship an item till you get the money in your hand. If I buy from you, it should be my right to get the merchandise before sending the money. But just suggest that and you will find out how stupid you are to even think that.Ezzy
Is that the way things are done in most purchases you make, Ezzy. Do you just go to Wal Mart or the Farm Supply Store and tell them you want to take their product home and test it out and you will be back later to pay them? Even on Ebay, Amazon, or all other online purchases do you demand your merchandise before you recieve payment. I have never asked for a credit or debit card payment for anything I have sold on here so until I receive a money order or check I will not send out anything. I am sure everyone on here is just dead honest :roll: but I don't trust anyone including my own family and friends.
Chukar12 wrote:I don't understand or or even want to understand the logic employed by people who demand that others do something different to solve what they perceive as a problem.

Hysteria, emotion, bravado and a huge helping of "they oughta do it this way" fills up far too many folks' days. Success comes from productivity, efficiency and self discipline. What a waste of time, in the big picture what is wrong is a country full of people comfortable being victims of external factors and they don't even recognize it...
I did not demand anyone do anything differently I simply made a statement. Was that last paragraph a quote from Mein Kampf because it sure sounded like it.
tn red wrote:C 12 you need to run for whitehouse :lol: :lol:
Ya a middle aged, caucasian, upper middle class male who seems to attempt to talk down to other forum members in most of his posts is just what we need in Washington because there are not enough of those in politics already. You got my vote. :roll:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:55 pm

Tommy,

I know that though several people who appear to be older, more experienced, and displaying at least a little more common sense should be totally ignored and not even make you pause for just a minute to think that maybe it is you that should rethink your position instead of you telling all of us we are wrong. Kind of like that old saying it isn't me thats wrong it is the whole world.

Stop and think a bit and maybe try to figure out how so many of us have reached our advanced age and been reasonably successful while being so misinformed. Those who get smarter as they get older have learned that you have to listen instead of always talking. I hope you become one of them.

Ezzy

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Tommy,
I will apologize for my demographic...

On behalf of the middle class, middle aged white guys: Who have a high school education, two junior college classes, loving parents who never completed high school, was raised on the meager income of a dump truck driver, (though it felt moderate and normal because of said parents willingness to sacrifice), who started pushing a broom and cleaning toilets in a lumber yard thirty years ago...

We are sorry, especially if in any way we have enough influence to make you feel inferior for sharing our opinion in the same open format that is available to you...

Joe

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:14 pm

opinions have been formed with information of one side of story. Forming an opinion with half the information is never recommended.

I do have a story about a guy one time that lived in a state, that I paid money to, that took to long to get me the product, that was a complete a-hole, that went to a bar to early in the day, that sped down the highway, That smoked two packs a day, neglected his family and beat his wife. Thats my side of the story, so what do you think of this guy? :roll:

Anyone want to hear this guys side of the story or you just going to take my word for it? :wink:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:15 pm

This thread was informative, now Ive got a few names i would never sell anything too :lol:

Lets see if the apology is forthcoming, not that it matters......
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:20 pm

Since it appears this whole episode has been solved and everyone that wanted to say something has pretty well done just that, lets just let this one die and move on to the next crisis. I don't want to lock it when it would be better if we all just ignore it as it is colsed.

Ezzy

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:41 pm

Dang it Ezzy!!! It was just gettin good!!! :lol:

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:52 pm

topher40 wrote:opinions have been formed with information of one side of story. Forming an opinion with half the information is never recommended.

I do have a story about a guy one time that lived in a state, that I paid money to, that took to long to get me the product, that was a complete a-hole, that went to a bar to early in the day, that sped down the highway, That smoked two packs a day, neglected his family and beat his wife. Thats my side of the story, so what do you think of this guy? :roll:

Anyone want to hear this guys side of the story or you just going to take my word for it? :wink:
This guy doesn't by chance drive a honda ATV with a little dog house on the back? :D

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:35 pm

by nikegundog
This guy doesn't by chance drive a honda ATV with a little dog house on the back?
So I would respond to that if I knew how you were correlating Topher's comment and me? Maybe Topher knows?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Apparently it isn't closed.

People regularly post a position that I find shocking.

However I thought they were allowed to post their opinion without personal attack?
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Chukar12 wrote: So I would respond to that if I knew how you were correlating Topher's comment and me? Maybe Topher knows?
Sorry Chukar wasn't trying to imply anything, just trying to lighten the mood.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:50 pm

...not at all I was just trying to keep up
...and if its funny I am all for it, those who live in glass houses and all :D

ps I am guilty of at least two amybe three of Topher's examples

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:03 pm

Chukar12 wrote:...not at all I was just trying to keep up
...and if its funny I am all for it, those who live in glass houses and all :D

ps I am guilty of at least two amybe three of Topher's examples
You don't have to tell us, we knew who he was talking about. :roll:
Sharon I think you know better than that when someone starts attacking someone then it seems turnabout is fair play and then it beomes our job to try and get it back on track.

Ezzy

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Turnabout is never right in my book.:)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Where are the forum Nazis? If they werent involved in this discussion it would have been locked long ago :roll:
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:37 pm

I am confused...

Tommy is mad at me
He agreed with Ruth she may be mad by proxy

Nike was having fun I think...?

Topher was building an analogy on...?

Who is Sharon disgusted with...?

Ezzy is rolling his cartoon animated eyes at somebody...?

Let's turn this into a contest like at a reality show deal and see who has the answers...

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:32 pm

Georgia Boy wrote:Where are the forum Nazis? If they werent involved in this discussion it would have been locked long ago :roll:
You're more than welcome to give of your precious time for free to step up and help moderate. Else, please be careful with the Nazi label. I really don't appreciate it.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:57 pm

Looks to me like the package is on its way if the post office hasn't lost it.

EDIT: One picture removed by Greg at OP's request.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Looks to me like the package is on its way if the post office hasn't lost it.
Looks that way to me also... And wow package is stamped the 25th of AUG and today is only the 31st going to Hawaii

This post was very premature as far as I see it right now...Sure hope we all get to hear when it shows up if the post office hasn't lost it ..but I see there is insurance on the package also
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:39 pm

First off Chukar12 I am not mad at you but sometimes your condescending tone in your posts does disgust me but no you do not have enough influence on me to make me feel inferior. I really do not care what you or Ezzy think of me. Ezzy I do not recall attacking anyone but I did notice that you and several others attacked me for posting a statement not an insulting statement toward you not a statement trying to convince anyone to change their ways. God forbid you old guys would ever consider that. It was just a statement of how I felt. This is why I stopped posting so much until the last week and a half. Topher how are you neglecting your family if you are beating your wife. Neglect is where you totally ignore someone is it not? :mrgreen: That was a tasteless joke but a joke nonetheless. Being insulted by senior citizens is not my idea of fun so after this I will no longer post to your forum and I am sure it will make Ezzy very happy to delete my screen name. Have at it bud. After reading posts from both Ezzy and Chukar it seems as if they are trying to get me to change my opinion and position on a statement I made. I never once tried to convince anyone to think the same as me. Go back and read. Ezzy, older, more seasoned and advanced in age and experience do not always mean smarter and there is more than one way to skin a cat in this world other than just yours. Chukar, I thought the same as you that I was free to post a statement but apparently you and the rest of the cackling hen crew do not agree.

Sharon thank you for your kind words and I hope I did not say anything to insult you.

I guess now I will go back to my mundane, redneck, white trash existence and keep my mouth shut like Ezzy and Chukar both think I should. Apparently if you say something that some of the clique on here do not agree with you are shunned like a leper. Freedom of speech my a$$, unless it offends the masses.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Well every one was true to their nature on this one at least as their on line personalities go.
Thank you one and all Those for having faith in human kind and the ones for having no faith in human kind. Boy this was a wasted read.

Mods you all were right on where you should have been on this and for the exact reasons you stated. At least on this one.

KIKI patience is a virtue. I am sure you wish you had not put this up so quick. You always seem thoughtfull in your posts I was surprised you posted this so quick especially when you are in HI. Hope the lesson is learned.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:00 pm

WOW!!!

After reading very little of this I have come to the conclusion of.......... Possibly nothing upon further thought!!! :|

I haven't bought anything from this one person and yet he has sent me nothing.... Am I being ripped off??
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:56 pm

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs wrote:WOW!!!

After reading very little of this I have come to the conclusion of.......... Possibly nothing upon further thought!!! :|

I haven't bought anything from this one person and yet he has sent me nothing.... Am I being ripped off??

You got totally screwed...

isonychia

Post by isonychia » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:49 pm

I vote this thread be deleted.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:10 pm

I vote it stays here as an example of how everyone of these type posts turn out. Someone complains, the certain few jump in so they can be part of the lynch mob, they immediately find fault with the boards policy and the mods, a few of the concerned members start posting that we are doing it right and by then we have a full blwon argument going till we get it solved and find it was just another mis-understanding by the original poster. Same MO everytime with the same results.

Just wish people would learn to talk and have some faith in people.

Till next time,

Ezzy

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 pm

From the looks of the date stamped on the package, it seems like apologies are in order.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:35 am

Internet message boards never fix issues like this. This post never should have happened.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

pinebrookkennel

Post by pinebrookkennel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:36 am

First, mods thank you for your time and effort. This is not said enought to those who give of there own time in today fast paced lifestyle
Second, kiki will you please let us know when you get your package.

Jered
Make no distinction between practice and combat !
Miyamoto Musashi.
Knowledge, once gained can never be stolen or repossessed.
Jered

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:32 am

phermes1 wrote:Internet message boards never fix issues like this. This post never should have happened.
False.

Guy that got his $1,000 back, after over a year
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums ... ht=screwed

This guy got his race truck back, after around 2 years

This guy was sold a built engine that was trashed, the seller wouldn't make anything right, but many others chipped in spare parts that they had to get his engine rebuilt
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:54 am

I dont get all the hype really..the only reason scamming was being discussed at all is cause the OP got worried (prematurly) but as we all know theres all kinds of people out there waiting to take our money if given the opportunity so maybe KIKI posted sooner then she should have BUT come on, she didnt mention the guys name so none of us know it anyway and i sure know that I DIDNT ask for it BUT i did have a concern that it seemed by a few comments as though even if KIKI was ripped off that we would have to find out by PM so that the person would be protected EVEN IF IT WAS PROVEN to be a scam, so thats why i asked the mods why couldnt ANY person who is PROVEN to rip a member off on here be banned and their ad be deleted..the fact is, because this is a forum and theres a certain trust between members when it comes to buying things including dogs none of us want to see members get scammed so thats why alot of people immediately became concerned but i didnt see anyone LYNCH the guy so relax geeze.......ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:46 am

It was pretty easy to see who was involved just by browsing through the classifieds section, so even though Kiki didn't mention a name directly, it was still easy to figure out.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:04 am

Chief_dog wrote:It was pretty easy to see who was involved just by browsing through the classifieds section, so even though Kiki didn't mention a name directly, it was still easy to figure out.
See, i didnt even do that much investigating, i wasnt really too interested in finding out who it was just that if it WAS a scam that they would be dealt with to avoid others from the same issue but now i guess we dont have to worry about it....ruth

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:08 am

Ruth,

Which part, or verbiage or position do you see as the hype?

brad27

Post by brad27 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:10 am

i didnt even do that much investigating, i wasnt really too interested in finding out who it was
+1

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:23 am

GUNDOGS wrote: so thats why i asked the mods why couldnt ANY person who is PROVEN to rip a member off on here be banned and their ad be deleted..
We do this already. Have done it pretty much since the beginning. With the caveat that PROVEN is much easier said than done.

Just get really tired of this coming up over and over again. With a witch hunt and, yes, one was forming up despite no less than 4 moderators in the thread working to head it off.

Another factor in this is the "freedom of speech" versus "control" spectrum. In the old days, Grant and I moderated pretty tightly. That was based on Grant's desire that GDF be family friendly...and Grant is pretty church-going, as well. Since the change of ownership, we have been biasing toward a more open and free-flowing "tone". That allows for a better flow of information. OTOH, it has its downsides, one of them being that we have the occasional dust up.

Likewise, there are always going to be disagreements about how to moderate GDF. That's entirely OK. One thing that we need to get out in front now, however, is that it is NOT going to be the case that moderators are going to moderate without posting in the thread. You DO NOT want GDF moderation to go where that leads. I've been there and done it. It gets way too big brother.

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:28 am

Agreed Greg... I am on a A&M site and there is never any explination of why things are taken down or why members posts are edited... very big brother-ish...

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:33 am

Chukar12 wrote:Ruth,

Which part, or verbiage or position do you see as the hype?
what i mean by the "hype" is the over reaction.. IF someone is taken advantage of none of us want to fall into the same situation so expressed a concern for a fellow member POSSIBLY being scammed..i didnt see anyone LYNCH the guy and ezzy referred to some as a LYNCH MOB which is a bit harsh i think by reading the posts..i think some people are quick to jump on others because they may not be "politically correct" the way they express themselves but in any event are still entitled to have a point of view whether we all agree with it or not..so big deal, a member posted as i said prematurly that she may be ripped off which is why she put a question mark in her title, yes she jumped the gun but she didnt say anything i thought was inappropriate she just was concerned for the lack of communication she was apparently receiving and panicked..i dont know all the facts and really dont care to since she wasnt scammed BUT whether the postage was proven or not KIKI obviously was feeling the person wasnt giving her the right info especially when she checked the receipt number and she was told it was wrong so what do you expect her to start to think??..anyway, like i said i dont know who it is and i dont care to check out the classifieds to find out either.....ruth

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Another factor in this is the "freedom of speech" versus "control" spectrum. In the old days, Grant and I moderated pretty tightly. That was based on Grant's desire that GDF be family friendly...and Grant is pretty church-going, as well. Since the change of ownership, we have been biasing toward a more open and free-flowing "tone". That allows for a better flow of information. OTOH, it has its downsides, one of them being that we have the occasional dust up.

Likewise, there are always going to be disagreements about how to moderate GDF. That's entirely OK. One thing that we need to get out in front know, however, is that it is NOT going to be the case that moderators are going to moderate without posting in the thread. You DO NOT want GDF moderation to go where that leads. I've been there and done it. It gets way too big brother.
It's hard to find a balance.

The forum I linked to earlier is VERY loosely moderated. Result? Lots of info, but a downright brutal place at times. We run off a lot of people because they just can't take it.

I was banned from a forum that was VERY tightly moderated. No one was ever offended there, and no one argued, or really even debated, because it wasn't allowed. The result was the knowledge pool there was very shallow.

You want the free flowing tone, but not every forum can be openly hostile :mrgreen:
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:45 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
GUNDOGS wrote: so thats why i asked the mods why couldnt ANY person who is PROVEN to rip a member off on here be banned and their ad be deleted..
We do this already. Have done it pretty much since the beginning. With the caveat that PROVEN is much easier said than done.

Just get really tired of this coming up over and over again. With a witch hunt and, yes, one was forming up despite no less than 4 moderators in the thread working to head it off.

Likewise, there are always going to be disagreements about how to moderate GDF. That's entirely OK. One thing that we need to get out in front know, however, is that it is NOT going to be the case that moderators are going to moderate without posting in the thread. You DO NOT want GDF moderation to go where that leads. I've been there and done it. It gets way too big brother.
glad to know you do this already greg, that was my only concern from the beginning..one of the reasons i felt so comfortable about buying my GSP pup jersey from a breeder on this forum was because it felt "safe" just by the posts i had read..i could have bought a shorthair from just about anybody but chose someone who seemed to be trustworthy guy who was a member and so i took a chance..VERY glad i did, but in any event you have to have a certain level of trust in someone to send them hundreds of dollars weeks before getting your dog so although most of us may be "cautious" we still have faith in others integrity or the dogs for sale and classified section would not be necessary...ruth

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:19 am

I agree with you Ruth, that is exactly what happened too much hype....
Noun hype (plural hypes)

Promotion or propaganda; especially, exaggerated claims.
After all the hype for the diet plan, only the results ended up slim.
Verb hype (third-person singular simple present hypes, present participle hyping, simple past and past participle hyped)

(transitive) To promote heavily; to advertise or build up.
They started hyping the new magazine months before its release.