How long with first heat cycle last? 13 month old GSP

media310

How long with first heat cycle last? 13 month old GSP

Post by media310 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi,

My 13 month old GSP is in heat and I am wondering how long the period she can get pregnant last. I'm not looking to breed her right now but will be heading out town this weekend and was looking at possibly boarding her. I first noticed blood around the 9th or 10th of this month. Any ideas or suggestions?

She seems to have gone through the heavy bleeding phase and then the salmon color phase and now just has a few drops of dark blood here and there...

Please Help

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: How long with first heat cycle last? 13 month old GSP

Post by topher40 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:10 pm

You have a week in a week on and a week out as a general rule. If you keep her away from males for that time frame you can be safe.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: How long with first heat cycle last? 13 month old GSP

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:08 pm

the next 10 days at least are the most keep away from male dogs stage

Not knowing her heat cycle until she is shrunk back up and dry back there best off not taking any chances
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.