REHOMING JERSEY...

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

REHOMING JERSEY...

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 am

I have posted an ad in the dogs for sale section if anyone is interested in giving jersey a good hunting home..i really love this little pup so only serious inquiries please..thanks so much..ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

MTR

Re: REHOMING JERSEY...

Post by MTR » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:23 am

Sorry to hear that. Would this aggression/behavior have anything to do with bringing your new pup MYA into your home a few days ago?
- Rob

Two barrels next to each other and two triggers - one behind the other!

cpinkert

Post by cpinkert » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:51 am

No offense, because I don't know you or exactly what this dog is doing and have only really been following your posts for the last 5 months I've been on this board, but what is your deal? You've had two behavioral issues with Jersey from what I can remember. Barking and now whatever this aggression problem is. Both times it seems like your immediate response is to get rid of the dog. If you love this dog as much as you say you do figure out how to fix the problem and move forward.

Just sayin...

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:54 am

MTR wrote:Sorry to hear that. Would this aggression/behavior have anything to do with bringing your new pup MYA into your home a few days ago?
No, MYA doesnt come home until next friday, shes 6 weeks so not ready yet..jersey hasnt met her yet but this behavior has been on and off again for about 2 months, someone who is more experienced will im sure handle her with no problems but we just cant...thanks...ruth

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:58 am

cpinkert wrote:No offense, because I don't know you or exactly what this dog is doing and have only really been following your posts for the last 5 months I've been on this board, but what is your deal? You've had two behavioral issues with Jersey from what I can remember. Barking and now whatever this aggression problem is. Both times it seems like your immediate response is to get rid of the dog. If you love this dog as much as you say you do figure out how to fix the problem and move forward.

Just sayin...
im just going to set this straight right now..im not turning this into a discussion about my lack of trying or a debate for that matter..youre right YOU DONT KNOW..please keep comments of negativity off of this post and only if you have an interest in jersey let me know..im not responding to anymore ignorance (lack of knowledge) as it does not serve a purpose at all!!...ruth

cpinkert

Post by cpinkert » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:15 am

Ok, but the last time when you were about to send her away people started chiming in with potential solutions to your problem and wouldn't ya know it, they worked! What is the aggression issue? Perhaps folks on here could help you work through this problem as well? Seems like you've put a ton of time into this dog, why would you not ask for help on this issue?

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:24 am

cpinkert wrote:What is the aggression issue? Perhaps folks on here could help you work through this problem as well? Seems like you've put a ton of time into this dog, why would you not ask for help on this issue?
Agreed...she is ONLY 8 months old. There is a lot of pi$$ n vinegar in all dogs at this age. They are basically teenagers testing how far they can go. Also you mentioned hormones - that will mess with them for a while. If you really like this pup, sounds like with a good training plan (and maybe a heavy "I'm the boss" hand) these "issues" may be able to be resolved...patience and time goes a LONG way. I have a 2 yr old with issues that I am working through and see some things starting to click. Think about it...she has only been with you 6 months, Rome wasn't built in a day and I would think if you wanted to work through this, you would be successful. You put a lot of time into her and have been very dedicated in the past...just some thoughts of encouragement...

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:33 am

cpinkert wrote:Ok, but the last time when you were about to send her away people started chiming in with potential solutions to your problem and wouldn't ya know it, they worked! What is the aggression issue? Perhaps folks on here could help you work through this problem as well? Seems like you've put a ton of time into this dog, why would you not ask for help on this issue?
thank you everyone for your suggestions on possible help from others but we are very sure about rehoming her..i am more than willing to discuss jersey and any and all issues we have had with her with someone who is SERIOUS about giving her a good hunting home..again, we are very sure we are rehoming her so anyone who has followed her posts and is interested in her can speak to myself and her breeder in order to make sure she gets a good home...thanks...ruth

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:35 am

cpinkert wrote:Ok, but the last time when you were about to send her away people started chiming in with potential solutions to your problem and wouldn't ya know it, they worked! What is the aggression issue? Perhaps folks on here could help you work through this problem as well? Seems like you've put a ton of time into this dog, why would you not ask for help on this issue?
Just leave it alone. Ruth knows what she is doing (I think :wink: ). People "get rid of"/re-home dogs for all types of reasons on this board. Plus its not like she is taking it to the shelter. AND it not like she has just given up. She is trying to sell the dog to a good home for a good price (for the training she has already started with her).

Dont turn this into something that its not. Just relax. This thread is about finding a home for a dog that isnt a good fit for Ruth's pack at this time. Not about trying to "fix" a problem, which in reality is probably nothing major, but large enough that with a puppy coming home in 2 weeks, Ruth doesnt have the time she needs to devote to the dog in order to correct it.

She is doing the right thing by the dog by getting it to someone that can devote the time needed to train the dog properly. We all saw what happened when people are premature to pass judgement on someone on the "ripped off" thread, so lets just take a step back. Have a little faith in Ruth (who has never given us a reason not to trust her) and find a new home for this dog.

Hope you find a good home Ruth!

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:45 am

proudag08 wrote:
Just leave it alone. Ruth knows what she is doing (I think :wink: ). People "get rid of"/re-home dogs for all types of reasons on this board. Plus its not like she is taking it to the shelter. AND it not like she has just given up. She is trying to sell the dog to a good home for a good price (for the training she has already started with her).

Dont turn this into something that its not. Just relax. This thread is about finding a home for a dog that isnt a good fit for Ruth's pack at this time. Not about trying to "fix" a problem, which in reality is probably nothing major, but large enough that with a puppy coming home in 2 weeks, Ruth doesnt have the time she needs to devote to the dog in order to correct it.

She is doing the right thing by the dog by getting it to someone that can devote the time needed to train the dog properly. We all saw what happened when people are premature to pass judgement on someone on the "ripped off" thread, so lets just take a step back. Have a little faith in Ruth (who has never given us a reason not to trust her) and find a new home for this dog.

Hope you find a good home Ruth!
i disagree.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:57 am

Just curious you mentions she started to bleed but quickly stopped ....Have you taken her in to see if there isn't a medical reason why she maybe acting up ....Thyroid problems can cause a lot of aggressive to obsessive type behaviors

Just saying
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:08 am

kninebirddog wrote:Just curious you mentions she started to bleed but quickly stopped ....Have you taken her in to see if there isn't a medical reason why she maybe acting up ....Thyroid problems can cause a lot of aggressive to obsessive type behaviors

Just saying
Definitely something to consider! The breeder needs to know if this is a problem.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 am

Just my opinion, and nothing towards Ruth, but like said earlier...8 month old pup's are like teenagers, and I just think Ruth is to passive to put her foot down and knock some sense into this rebellious teen....JMO, and no offense.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:28 am

I am curious as to what the issues is, she is a well bred pup, seems to have a lot of time spent with her. Must be something serious to jump ship after all the time invested.

Munster

Post by Munster » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:49 am

Ahumphers91a wrote:Just my opinion, and nothing towards Ruth, but like said earlier...8 month old pup's are like teenagers, and I just think Ruth is to passive to put her foot down and knock some sense into this rebellious teen....JMO, and no offense.
That is EXACTLY my thoughts on this, There has to be something not being said or something more to it. Never like to see a dog get "Re homed" and a new dog come in. I even hate that word re homed, call it what it is.

Sorry, a little frustration, worked way to long at a shelter and have seen this over and over. SO that is all you will see me say about the topic. Good luck to you Jersey.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:09 am

Ruth--I hope you find Jersey a good home.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:27 am

ACooper wrote:I am curious as to what the issues is, she is a well bred pup, seems to have a lot of time spent with her. Must be something serious to jump ship after all the time invested.
Very true coop, she is a well bred pup with alot of drive and desire, this pup is incredible how quickly she learns commands in the field and we have for sure spent countless amount of time with her training, she is with us all the time, we take our animals everywhere and socialize them to every situation..because ive been in close touch with her breeder i know for a fact that jerseys issues shes had for months is NOT an issue with any of her littermates so is obviously NOT an issue with her bloodline..one of the main reasons i dont want to discuss her issues is because what may be a huge issue for me someone else will certainly comment on how minor of an issue it is to them which serves no purpose as they are not the ones dealing with the issues, we are and have been dealing with issues for a long time off and on with alot of unpredictability.. she has shown dominant behavior for months in different situations and this morning when working on retrieving drills she bit a hole in my other dogs face over the dummy so we have decided enough is enough and its time to recognize our limits of handling this behavior and time to rehome her to a more experienced owner while shes a pup and give her the best life she can have cause thats what she deserves..also with us always being on the fence about keeping her is not fair to her, her breeder, our children or even us anymore..in my home i have provided a temporary place for dogs about to be euthanized in high kill shelters and have done this for over 15 years (not aggressive dogs though), we also have many friends come over with dogs that come to visit or train and have 5 kids and their friends in and out of our home daily so ANY aggressive behavior just cannot be tolerated or chanced here.....ruth

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:37 am

I 100% agree with you. I have known a couple dogs that were only aggressive in certain situations that no one really knows why. We can't read the dogs mind. All it takes is one time for the dog to bite a child for you to have a huge lawsuit on your hands. Why take the chance on something like that. Dogs are only personal property. Yes we get attached to them but is that worth a 100,000 dollar or more lawsuit. NO. I really hope you find someone that will give the dog a good home and hopefully they can break her of this behavior. Get over it people its only a dog. Its not like she's sending it to a shelter. She's asking us caring people to help her out and take it off her hands. What is the big deal.

Jesse

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:52 am

is NOT an issue with any of her littermates so is obviously NOT an issue with her bloodline

Just because there isn't these traits shown in her litter mates, doesn't mean it's not an issue with the bloodline. I for one am sorry, I just don't agree. Dog's are extension's of there owners and should be disciplined accordingly. The dog growls, bust it one, the dog bites, bust it another one. My opinion, but that's just me. I'm old school and don't let the dog own me! Hope all works out for the best, and this will be my last post on the subject. Good Luck Ruth.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:57 am

I won't try to talk you out of it, in fact I was thinking you should have rehomed her a while back. I hope she gets a forever home this time. I sincerely say Good Luck Jersey. I bet someone will get themselves a super nice pup.

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Ruth-I had a female who's breeding was very similar to Jerseys... especially on the mother line of Jerseys dam (heavy on the Pottsiepen). She too was sharp with other dogs and territorial. I can tell you being firm and showing her who the boss was only helped when i was there. I have children and other dogs so i don't tolerate biting. I found a single guy with no dogs who took her and really enjoys her. Good luck.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:59 pm

postoakshorthairs wrote:Ruth-I had a female who's breeding was very similar to Jerseys... especially on the mother line of Jerseys dam (heavy on the Pottsiepen). She too was sharp with other dogs and territorial. I can tell you being firm and showing her who the boss was only helped when i was there. I have children and other dogs so i don't tolerate biting. I found a single guy with no dogs who took her and really enjoys her. Good luck.
thanks for the info, i have been so baffled as to what could be going on with her for months..i really hope i can find her a home like you found with your dog..a single guy/gal or couple who will give her lots of love like we do and spend hours working her and hunting would be ideal..your experience gives me hope, thanks again....ruth

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Ron R wrote:If I had her the first thing I would do would be to change her name the Jesse...Could'nt hurt.
What are you implying there Ron. 8)

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Brittlver wrote:
Ron R wrote:If I had her the first thing I would do would be to change her name the Jesse...Could'nt hurt.
I like the name Jesse 1000000000000000000000000000000 x's than jersey.

That's all, my little sharp shooting buddy :D .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Thank you for sharing the details. An aggressive dog can never be trusted. I had two aggressive dogs ( rescues) that we had to decide to put down. Be careful with selling an aggressive dog. The aggressiveness can be subdued but is always waiting in the wings.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

stlgsp

Post by stlgsp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:12 pm

Am another that has thought for a while it best to rehome this dog. Hope you find a good home for her and disclose to the new owner all info on the issues as well as how they were handled. Had a guy buy a dog from me and spent a lot of time on the phone and in person trying to explain how to handle "issues". Ended up taking the dog back and saw none of these problems. Did see things from the dog that made me realize I probably didn't get the whole story from the guy. Was the wrong home for this dog.
Stick with the plan and find the dog a home now, don't wait until she's older, has more issues and is hard to place. My guess is, in the right home with the right owner she'll do great.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Ron R wrote:
Brittlver wrote:
I like the name Jesse 1000000000000000000000000000000 x's than jersey.

That's all, my little sharp shooting buddy :D .

Now Ron, You know I am married. :lol: J/k

My parents had a dog that they rescued. Now this one was abused but when it was with my parents it got all the love it could handle. Then one day out of the blue it was laying on the floor sleeping and my dad got up from sitting down and just as he stood the dog jump up and bite his face. Next day the dog was no longer. They had it for months with no sign of aggression and then bam it attacked my dad for standing up.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Sharon wrote:Thank you for sharing the details. An aggressive dog can never be trusted. I had two aggressive dogs ( rescues) that we had to decide to put down. Be careful with selling an aggressive dog. The aggressiveness can be subdued but is always waiting in the wings.
Sharon, I'm sorry but that is just so untrue in my experience. An aggresive dog can be trusted and it's not waiting in the wings.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Brittlver wrote: They had it for months with no sign of aggression and then bam it attacked my dad for standing up
This dog in discusssion is just a little dog agresssive...right?

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:32 pm

No my parents had an Irish setter in the house as well. Those two got along great. It was an english setter. We are thinking that a male was beating it. It must have been dreaming or something that a guy was going to do something and when my dad got up it attacked. Who knows why. Its the same with humans. Why do some people that were super friendly and nice people turn and shoot their wife and kids and then themselves for no reason. Nobody understands that brain that well.

Jesse

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Brittlver wrote:No my parents had an Irish setter in the house as well. Those two got along great. It was an english setter. We are thinking that a male was beating it. It must have been dreaming or something that a guy was going to do something and when my dad got up it attacked. Who knows why. Its the same with humans. Why do some people that were super friendly and nice people turn and shoot their wife and kids and then themselves for no reason. Nobody understands that brain that well.

Jesse
Ron R wrote:This dog in discusssion is just a little dog agresssive...right?
I was talking about jersey...dork :lol: :P :lol: .

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Ron R wrote:
Sharon wrote:Thank you for sharing the details. An aggressive dog can never be trusted. I had two aggressive dogs ( rescues) that we had to decide to put down. Be careful with selling an aggressive dog. The aggressiveness can be subdued but is always waiting in the wings.
Sharon, I'm sorry but that is just so untrue in my experience. An aggresive dog can be trusted and it's not waiting in the wings.
Well, we've had two different experiences I guess. :) The two I had could not be trusted , big liability. We had to wear leather gloves to our elbows, and a hockey mask to handle one. No one could get near the other muzzled dog, including the vet.
I should have said that aggressive behaviour varies. Depending on the cause, some dogs can be "fixed".
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:43 pm

Ron R wrote:I was talking about jersey...dork :lol: :P :lol: .
Oopss. Where is the on the floor laughing icon. :P

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:45 pm

Back to Ruth's dog. This dog is just dog agresive.

Munster

Post by Munster » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:49 pm

Ron R wrote:

This is assuming the dog is TRULY aggresive, re homeing/selling/getting rid off however you want to sugar coat, can be a liability.I havent seen the dog, but come on guys, I know alot of you are more expreienced then I am, you cant tell me that after reading the OP history with this dog that you didnt see it coming. I dont believe it is aggresive, by labeling it that, in my world, is a death sentence. I think that it has just been allowed to do what it wants for to long.
Granted, the OP cant afford to have this dog around in her situation,I understand this, but I feel it could have been delt with a long time ago. I hope the "new" pup gets the leadership it needs.

madmurph

Post by madmurph » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Ruth, wasn't Jersey supposed to be going to a trainer here in the States for a few months? I remember something of the sort from an earlier post. Perhaps that trainer could work with her on the aggression issue. Or did the deal with the trainer fall through?
You could live without a dog, but it would not be worthwhile.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Munster wrote: but I feel it could have been delt with a long time ago. I hope the "new" pup gets the leadership it needs
This pup is only 8 months old, there is still time. If they would trade a real nice shotgun for the dog.....I might have my first shothair.

Munster

Post by Munster » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Ron R wrote:
Munster wrote: but I feel it could have been delt with a long time ago. I hope the "new" pup gets the leadership it needs
This pup is only 8 months old, there is still time. If they would trade a real nice shotgun for the dog.....I might have my first shothair.
I am with you. I am sure there are plenty that could help put the dog on track. Point is, the OP doesnt want that. The towel has been thrown.
Besides, as I have found in Obedience, if I take the dog I know I can have it going the way it should, but when I hand the leash over to the owners if they dont have the personality or the leadership required, then I have wasted my time because the dog will revert back to its old behaviour.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:33 pm

The main point to take away from this and the other post about getting rid of Jersey is that the vast majority of dog owners of today do not treat a dog like a dog, but more like a furry child, sometimes dogs need a swift kick in the a$$ or a firm hand to help it learn what is right and wrong, after all we are there masters they are not ours. Put your big boy/girl pants on and take control of the situation and you'll have a nice dog for many years. Too many people have the i want it right now mentality but dogs take time to learn and mature, They are not computers that we can program in seconds and have up in ready for operation in just minutes.
JMHO

Joe

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:54 pm

I love dogs that have a little gusto, it's makes a great dog. The dog needs leadership, so does the owner. Just my thoughts.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:55 pm

All I have to say about this is :roll: :roll: :roll: and I hope Jersey finds a good home.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:58 pm

birddogger wrote:All I have to say about this is :roll: :roll: :roll: and I hope Jersey finds a good home.

Charlie

Thumbs up to the last 3 posts!!! :wink:

larue

Post by larue » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:56 pm

It sounds like it is time to rehome her,but I will also say throwing a dummy and allowing more than a single dog to try to retrieve it is just plain asking for a major dog fight.
I would also ask what kind of "training" is going on with multiple dogs and a dummy being thrown,unless one of the dogs is stone cold broke,and you are trying to put jersey in a tougher training situation.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm

larue wrote:...but I will also say throwing a dummy and allowing more than a single dog to try to retrieve it is just plain asking for a major dog fight.
I agree. I had a long response typed to that whole response, but I bit my tongue, so much not right with this entire situation...JMO. If this behavior has been exhibited "for months" and she is only 8 months old, why wasn't there a big a$$ throw down put on that pup from day ONE?

PkerStr8Tail

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:39 pm

I do not get all the attacks. Why are some of you offended that she doesn't feel this dog is a good fit for her for whatever the reason. What you are willing to work on or live with is your person decision as it seems this would be hers. She has decided it is not a good fit for her so she is doing what she thinks is right.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:53 pm

PkerStr8Tail wrote:I do not get all the attacks. Why are some of you offended that she doesn't feel this dog is a good fit for her for whatever the reason. What you are willing to work on or live with is your person decision as it seems this would be hers. She has decided it is not a good fit for her so she is doing what she thinks is right.
I see honest opinions not attacks... no one is saying Ruth has to keep the dog, she has every right to do what she feels is best. But to me this has seemed inevitable since the barking issue.

I also have hunted, trained, and lived with dogs of VERY similar breeding for the last 12 years. Some can be possessive, but it is not something that cannot be dealt by someone with experience.

I also agree that multiple dogs retrieving a single be bumper can be asking for trouble, depends on the dogs.

volraider

Post by volraider » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm the breeder of the litter that Jersey came from. I'm not blaming Ruth or Brian for what's going on. Sometimes dogs are just better off in different homes. I know they have worked hard on Jersey's training and looked forward to hunting with her. I would take Jersey in a minute and I have offered to refund her purchase price and take the pup back but they have put considerable time in her training so I understand them wanting to get more money for her. I have worked with littermates of Jerseys and I have talked to all the puppy buyers and we have not seen aggression with any of the 9 other pups. Now we have a couple that have challenged authority but I would expect any pup to try their owner. All these pups seems to be really early starting dogs and they have a lot of natural ability. As you can see Jersey and her littermates have tremendous water drive and retrieving drive. Someone is going to get a pup with a ton of potential for less than the price of most pups. I would recommend someone with an experience hand at training bird dogs. I hope everything turns out for the best for Jersey and Ruth.

Brian

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks brian and howie..im sorry this thread turned out the way it did..it was not intended for negative comments and as i said those comments really serve no purpose in helping to find jersey a home..but some people just cant resist and truly thrive on it unfortunatey..what matters is i find jersey a home that will love, train and hunt her like us and that she has the best chance possible to become a fantastic birddog..my family and i sure appreciate everything youve done brian and for helping us every step of the way, ruth...

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:36 am

volraider i don't know you but am sorry to see you tangled up in this mess. You stated you offered a refund of purchase price. But that wasn't enough money.
I don't think its the breeding i think its lack of experience on handling issues immediately and correctly.
We were all new to this at one time, and reading what a dog is thinking cannot be learned in a book or a chatroom. Every dog learns diffrently just as each child.
I am not trying to be a jerk but its just about at the point where this dog farts a new thread is posted here. That's what tells me lack of experience.
I usually just pass over the jersey posts and keep my opinion to myself but the breeders now getting drug into the mess.
Should have known to Put the e collar on high and let her have it when the agression started.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:27 am

gotpointers wrote:volraider i don't know you but am sorry to see you tangled up in this mess. You stated you offered a refund of purchase price. But that wasn't enough money.
I don't think its the breeding i think its lack of experience on handling issues immediately and correctly.
We were all new to this at one time, and reading what a dog is thinking cannot be learned in a book or a chatroom. Every dog learns diffrently just as each child.
I am not trying to be a jerk but its just about at the point where this dog farts a new thread is posted here. That's what tells me lack of experience.
I usually just pass over the jersey posts and keep my opinion to myself but the breeders now getting drug into the mess.
Should have known to Put the e collar on high and let her have it when the agression started.
gotpointers, you are right he DID offer to refund the purchase price but AGAIN theres an assumption being made, i am NOT greedy and its not that i dont think thats "enough money" but again all the facts are not explained which the rest of that is that he felt only refunding the purchase price would not be fair because he would get her and sell her as a started dog for 1500 which as he said then HE would benefit from my hard work and countless hours of training SO i would think its time for people to stop posting comments on things they may know A BIT about but not ALL seeing as im FAR from greedy as you are implying, asking 900 covers my purchase price plus what i paid for shipping and THATS IT..and yes you are trying to be a jerk posting i put up a new thread if jersey farts..there are many people that post on here about their dogs i mean after all it is a GUNDOG FORUM :roll: ..i have posted one other thread about rehoming her that to me is not so many that it calls for that comment and i certainly havent posted about EVERY issue i have had BUT i have talked to my breeder about EVERY issue cause thats the kind of relationship weve had, and he is not tangled up in a mess he is not doing anything but helping me do what is best for a pup i bought from him and i appreciate it very much..plus you state i should have put an ecollar on her when the "aggressive" behavior started, well i had a bark collar on her 24/7 at that time when it was really surfacing so as much as i have a "lack of experience" i didnt feel her getting hit with the bark collar every few minutes along with an ecollar was appropriate for a 6 month old pup :roll:....ruth
Last edited by GUNDOGS on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.