UFTA?

jimbo&rooster

UFTA?

Post by jimbo&rooster » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Do any of ya'll run UFTA trials? There is one the first weekend in Oct. at the game preserve I go to and I was thinking bout entering.

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: UFTA?

Post by Sharon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:29 pm

I haven't but some good videos here: http://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=ut ... ials&type=

UFTA was recognized by the UKC in 2010- for pointing and flushing breeds.

Not my kind of event but it looks like fun:

In the UFTA format, the rules and objectives are really quite simple. With a twenty minute time limit you hunt a seven to twelve acre field to point/flush and bag three birds. You are allowed six shells to bag the three birds and your dog must retrieve to within one step of you for full credit. Each shell you use results in a deduction of points, as will a partial retrieve. Once you bag your third bird and leash your dog, the time stops and you are awarded two points for each minute you have left. To put it simply, the team that find three birds the fastest and has the most shells left wins!
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

smoothbean

Post by smoothbean » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Great game to play. Which trial are you looking at Wabash? It is a good place to run. Royal Flush is the second weekend and it is a good place also. I may be at both. I'm hooked.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:13 am

I will be at Royal Flush, If not to run then deffinately to watch. I havnt put alot of time into looking, but Im curious how to get entered? can I just show up and pay my money to run or do I need to join the UFTA? I really dont plan to run more than 1-2 local events but I think it would be fun to do with one of the dogs ive got.

Jim

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:33 am

I would love to give it a try, but it doesn't look like there are any trials even remotely close to me. Oh well.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

smoothbean

Post by smoothbean » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:46 am

You can join and pay at the trial. It really is a blast. Lots of good people and great dogs. There are getting to be more over in Illinois. We are from there but moved to Indiana. I try to support as many as I can over that way to build it up so when we move back I have plenty to go to.

phermes1 There are some trials held down south in Alabama and Georgia both have trials. The National Finals have been at The DoubleHead Resort In Town Creek, Alabama for the past few years and will be held there again in Feb.

Keep watching the sight people will continue to add new trials throughout the year.

http://www.ufta-online.com/

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:56 am

smoothbean wrote:You can join and pay at the trial. It really is a blast. Lots of good people and great dogs. There are getting to be more over in Illinois. We are from there but moved to Indiana. I try to support as many as I can over that way to build it up so when we move back I have plenty to go to.

phermes1 There are some trials held down south in Alabama and Georgia both have trials. The National Finals have been at The DoubleHead Resort In Town Creek, Alabama for the past few years and will be held there again in Feb.

Keep watching the sight people will continue to add new trials throughout the year.

http://www.ufta-online.com/

Well we may just see ya there if your at royal flush

Jim

Dashin Gun Dogs

Post by Dashin Gun Dogs » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:59 am

One of the guys I sold a pup to wonthe National Amateur Champion with him, a dog name Smokey. I really like talking to those guys, and there is a lot of money you can win. If they ever start running in Arkansas, I would give it a try. I have always ran in NSTRA, but it sounds like fun.
Chris Andrews
Dashin Gun Dogs
www.dashingundogs.com
"Developing enjoyable and obedient companions"

smoothbean

Post by smoothbean » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Must be the Armstrong's 2009. Nice dogs, they are some tuff competition. Do you still have that line of Brittany's?

Dashin Gun Dogs

Post by Dashin Gun Dogs » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:34 pm

That is correct, Kenny Armstrong owns smokey. Sure do. I have been breeding for about 10 years. I have a litter on the ground right now, that will be ready to go home on 17 Oct 11.
Chris Andrews
Dashin Gun Dogs
www.dashingundogs.com
"Developing enjoyable and obedient companions"