UPDATED PICS OF NEW PUP MYA...

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

UPDATED PICS OF NEW PUP MYA...

Post by GUNDOGS » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:13 pm

heres our new lab/britt pup MYA at 7 weeks..she comes home this week but my daughter couldnt wait till then so we went to visit :D shes growing fast and my daughter cant wait to get into agility with her..we will start on retrieve training with her when shes about 10 weeks old..her dam and sire both hunt..thanks for looking..ruth :D

sire..

dam..
ImageImage
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

MikeB

Re: UPDATED PICS OF NEW PUP MYA...

Post by MikeB » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:31 pm

I love the white spots on her chin and chest. Very cute pup.

JessiNGunther

Post by JessiNGunther » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:15 pm

super cute puppy!
Life is best when you're Jeeping with your Family and Dogs
General Gunther Von Grants
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:50 pm

thanks guys and gals :wink: my daughter is so in love with this pup..she paid for her own agility kit online to get started..here it is...ruth

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=2755413

sully511

Post by sully511 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:38 pm

That's a fun little kit. No jumping until Mya is older though. Bars on the ground until she's like 5 months or so, then they can be moved up to about wrist height, then up to elbow height in a couple of months. I tried something new with my pup Sully and I didn't do any jumping at all until he was 14 months, then he learned to jump at full height very quickly and he didn't need to learn to adjust from jumping low for a long time to jumping high. Also Susan Garrett has a blog where she did some fantastic puppy stuff this summer. You guys should check it out, lots of good tips :)

http://susangarrettdogagility.com/

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:56 am

sully511 wrote:That's a fun little kit. No jumping until Mya is older though. Bars on the ground until she's like 5 months or so, then they can be moved up to about wrist height, then up to elbow height in a couple of months. I tried something new with my pup Sully and I didn't do any jumping at all until he was 14 months, then he learned to jump at full height very quickly and he didn't need to learn to adjust from jumping low for a long time to jumping high. Also Susan Garrett has a blog where she did some fantastic puppy stuff this summer. You guys should check it out, lots of good tips :)

http://susangarrettdogagility.com/
Great link and advice sully, thanks..my daughter was so excited to buy the kit herself, i offered to buy it for her but she insisted on buying it herself :D ..shes only 12 but very independent which is great..im just as excited as she is to bring MYA home friday :D .....ruth