Nothing to do with dogs.

ElhewPointer

Nothing to do with dogs.

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 am

Just thought Id share this little tidbit with you all. I took my girlfriend out to Las Vegas for her Birthday. Anyway, our flight home was on a Tuesday which we had a connecting flight from Las Vegas to Omaha in Salt Lake City. Our plane had a "malfunction" on the runway at Las Vegas. Our connecting flight in Salt Lake was to depart at 8:00pm. Well the "malfunction" got us to Salt Lake at 7:57pm. All flights were through Delta, so the connecting flight knew we would be a few minutes late getting to the gate. Well, I found out that our new departing gate was B11 and we got into D5. I know that means nothing to you guys, as it didn't mean anything to me, before I had to sprint it. It is a freakin 1/2 mile away. You may be asking yourself what the urgency is, well my girlfriend has her final for her masters Wed. morning. So we can't miss this flight. After hauling arse to B11 and about puking, I show up at 8:02, no joke. GONE. Okay, I get that, kinda. They need to be on time. So I go to the desk where they inform me that there is nothing going into Omaha that night. I had them check Denver, Des Monies, Lincoln, OKC, Minn, etc...... NOTHING!! They offer NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take that back, a $6 coupon at the airport for the both of us to get something to eat. Well, thats not a choice, so Vagas and Sandy rent a car($800) and drive from Salt Lake City to Lincoln in 11hrs 17mins. Mapquest it, pretty good time. By the way, this is on about zero hours of sleep the last three days. I get Sandy to class 2 mins early. After class, we take the rental to Omaha to turn it in and get ours. All that being said. The next day after some well needed sleep, I contact Delta to see what they can do, and they inform me nothing. Nothing on the tickets, rental car, gas, food, didn't offer another flight some time, NOTHING. Im sure most of you in your bussinesses deal with people every day and you know that if you don't take care of people they will leave you. Well, I will NEVER fly Delta again!!!! I was overly cordial with them via email trying to get this sorted out. I ask you to all take a look elsewhere when booking your next flight.

On the flip side of that mess, I would like to say a big thanks to Budget rental cars. Those companies don't like to rent out on short notice for a one way trip and out of all the rentals, enterprise, alamo, dollar, etc.... Budget was the only one who stepped up to plate and I would like to thank them for get me home.

I'll get off my soap box now. Sorry for venting.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: Nothing to do with dogs.

Post by PntrRookie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 am

Vent away...glad you made it safe. I will keep this in mind when booking next flight. Unfortunately some of these "rackets" do not service every city, so options are slim.

You and your GF were in Vegas...hmmm...inquiring minds want to know...is she still ur "girlfriend" or partner in marriage? Keep in touch - especially after your SPANKING Saturday!

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 am

No wedding bells in the near future sir. Been down that road. Good luck this weekend.

hpvizslas

Post by hpvizslas » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:00 am

Now where is Omaha?? Or Lincoln?? Are these places where people live or the names of roads? :lol:
Glad you made it back.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:42 am

ElhewPointer wrote:No wedding bells in the near future sir. Been down that road. Good luck this weekend.
Ditto...been there done that and now I am enjoying #2 :). Thanks we got drawn on Friday! It began today...

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:22 pm

I'll get off my soap box now. Sorry for venting
In my old job, I flew almost every month. I have some bad stories about delta and them other air lines... but there just isnt enough pages here for that.

Omaha? nice place to visit :) but Iwouldnt want to live there.

Chambers Nebr? Do you remember the Whites? Long gone now but they had a fine ranch out that way we used to hunt on and just run around chasing cows.

One flight into Chi town, had to stay the nite in the airport, a guy was hit by lightning on the runway so they closed it all down, no flights out till 11 the next day. No rental anything anywhere, no rooms nothing. Person at the dwesk said Oh well this isnt a normal event.

BTW my wife is finishing up her second masters too. Havent seen her in a week :) lol down in her study studing stuff.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:21 am

markj wrote:
Omaha? nice place to visit :) but Iwouldnt want to live there.

I'd want to live there as long as I was walking distance from California Tacos :P