second dog???

Swagg

second dog???

Post by Swagg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:45 am

So whats life like with two dogs at home. Right now i just have the one who is almost seven months. Trying to get some input on having more then one. do u recommend it or not. any other thoughts.....

ohmymy111

Re: second dog???

Post by ohmymy111 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 am

I would wait for a while before getting a second dog. Your dog is just a pup yet, and probably still needs training. Get him/her further along and then get a 2nd dog. I would wait until close to 2years old.

That being said I have 9 dogs at home right now. Going from 1 dog to 2 was no big deal. Going to 3 was more of a transition, as you only have 2 hands and they all will want to have attention and be petted at the same time. Anything after 3 is no big deal, except for dog food :) And yes, I will have all 9 in the house at the same time. Most of the time there are 3 or 4 in the house and the rest are out in the yard. The hardest time is feeding time, but I just put them on the chain gang to eat, so that really isn't a big deal either.
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
GrCHF GRCH Vernon de L'Escarbot AKC MH Rest up my boy, until I meet up to hunt with you again
CH Ardoise des Deux Pierres Bleue TAN 14 years together and it was not long enough
TR Jabo de El Matochar CH -CS -IB
CHF CH Darius de L'Eoile du Nord TAN
CH E'toile du Mas D'Pataula TAN
L'Etoile du Ten Bar Ranch
Messi de L'Etoile du Nord
Meg de Sugar Creek
Orion de L'Etoile du Nord
Persese de L'Etoile du Nord

http://www.ebretons.com

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: second dog???

Post by shags » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:34 am

Wait a while to add a dog unless you can eventually have 3 or 4.

Having multiple young dogs can be a lot of fun, but having multiple old ones, not so much :(