DT H2O collars?

quackaddict

DT H2O collars?

Post by quackaddict » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:54 pm

I've been looking at the 1810 or 1820 collar but haven't been able to find many reviews on DT systems. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold

GSPTrigger

Re: DT H2O collars?

Post by GSPTrigger » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:20 am

I have the 1820 and really like it. The range seems really good and I like the easy of adjustment for stimulation levels. One down fall I see from it is the antenna on the transmitter comes loose if not tightened once in a while. I put a little lock tight on it and haven't had a problem since.

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:16 am

I've got the 1850 and love it. I have had it for three years and used it for at least one to two hours a day. I can go on a charge for about 1-2 weeks depending what we were doing. The 1850 of course has the locator which is a great function and about all I ever need to use. Over the summer month we spent time in the pond swimming for an hour or so and the collar held up great. I have owned Sport Dog, tri tronics (cabelas brand) and this by far outlasted both of those. I would buy another in a heart beat, and with the locator button, that is a life saver big time! Whats also nice about the 1850, you can buy a second collar for $140 and use the same transmitter to run two collars.

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:29 am

I love mine, had to order a new charger connector, the only problem in 5 years of usage.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:32 am

Great collar. I had the three dog version and really liked it.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:49 am

I haven't tried one of the new DT's but I had two DT 300's a lot of years ago. Pretty crude with switches needint to be changed to different levels. But they were about the best collars I ever owned. In the days, maybe still today, when the other collars had a short delay before the shock, DT did it right now. I had one button on the transmitter's and I either nic'd or buzzed with thge same button. Couldn't do that with any other collar then. Had a problem one time, don't remember what, sent it to them and had it back fixed pronto. Oh, they also had this huge battery tha screwed on to the bottom of the transmitter.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

quackaddict

Post by quackaddict » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks for the info guys.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:55 pm

I have a Dogtra 2502 TB (for one dog about $400.) beeper and e-collar. Fantastic.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett