Brittany Field Trials --

southernblues

Brittany Field Trials --

Post by southernblues » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:28 pm

What's the fundamental rules differences between All Age and Gun Dog? One is horseback and other isn't? Gun Dog scored on retrieving?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Brittany Field Trials --

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Range.

All age is not about having a dog working in front of you..you have to have a horse and the dog is to be a pin dot on the horizon to be found on point

AS for Gundog that is a closer range dog and unless it states that it is a walking trial most everyone will be on horseback.

also unless a stake posts that it is a retrieve stake there will be no shooting of the birds only blanking and sending the dog on
Majority of the retrieve stakes you will find will be the AKC GSP Wirehair and vizsla trials where they wll offer retrieve stakes as they require a win in a retrieve stake to get a title

the Brittany only requires that a 3 pt or better win be in a trial that the Brittany club hosts no matter what breed fills that brittany hosted trial
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

dan v

Post by dan v » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:31 pm

kninebirddog wrote:the Brittany only requires that a 3 pt or better win be in a trial that the Brittany club hosts no matter what breed fills that brittany hosted trial
That's the craziest breed rule I've ever seen.
Dan

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Wyndancer wrote:
kninebirddog wrote:the Brittany only requires that a 3 pt or better win be in a trial that the Brittany club hosts no matter what breed fills that brittany hosted trial
That's the craziest breed rule I've ever seen.
It is intended to bolster the local clubs by keeping them running trials.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:20 am

Lol it is very stupid. Considering winning a GSP or Wire hair trial is more prestigious. Also that they don't need any retrieving points.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:42 am

ultracarry wrote:Considering winning a GSP or Wire hair trial is more prestigious.
Now there is a :lol:

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:46 am

GSP's need four retrieving points to get a title and at least one 3 point major to be titled. As for pros they can't carry any points to the amt. side but you can carry four points to the fc side.

dan v

Post by dan v » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:06 am

ultracarry wrote:Lol it is very stupid. Considering winning a GSP or Wire hair trial is more prestigious. Also that they don't need any retrieving points.
You're from his neck of the woods.....Paul Doiron. What I saw at the AKC GD CH. from him was pretty freakin' nice.

And the retrieving points dealy? I've judged enough call-back for ret to know this....it's a "bleeping" joke. If the retrieving that is demonstrated at the local GSP/GWP FT is what "you" are willing to settle for....let's just stop the futile exercise right now.
Last edited by dan v on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dan

dan v

Post by dan v » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:07 am

slistoe wrote: It is intended to bolster the local clubs by keeping them running trials.
It's my opinion....there's more to it than that presently. However, that may have been the original intent.
Dan