Opener in the morning

Troy08er

Opener in the morning

Post by Troy08er » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Good luck to everyone heading out for the opener.Hope we'll be able to sleep tonight. Lets see those limits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

brad27

Re: Opener in the morning

Post by brad27 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:44 pm

I'm not going out tomorrow. I have work to do, but I am going on Sunday. I'm trying to talk ultracarry into going. Hopefully it will be better then dove and deer hunting. :P

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Troy08er wrote:Good luck to everyone heading out for the opener.Hope we'll be able to sleep tonight. Lets see those limits.
Don't worry about the limits but enjoy your dog and the opportunity plus ability to be there. And hope you find a bird or two for the dogs sake.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:00 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Troy08er wrote:Good luck to everyone heading out for the opener.Hope we'll be able to sleep tonight. Lets see those limits.
Don't worry about the limits but enjoy your dog and the opportunity plus ability to be there. And hope you find a bird or two for the dogs sake.

Ezzy
Unfortunatly my dog won't be back until mid November :(

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:33 pm

brad27 wrote:I'm not going out tomorrow. I have work to do, but I am going on Sunday. I'm trying to talk ultracarry into going. Hopefully it will be better then dove and deer hunting. :P
Hey Brad,told Tyler to get a hold of Ellis he has more than a few dogs in his kennel that could go.Ellis is hunting the Mojave area this weekend. It's going to be an awesome year. Been out scouting and have seen coveys of quail in the 150 range and 50-60 in the chukar. I talked with Ellis and he's been seeing the same. When you guys get your dogs back come on down for a hunt. A nice limit from last years opener, big valley's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

gsp3333

Post by gsp3333 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Gonna be out there at first light. Can't wait to see the dogs work and put some birds in the bag. Word has it that the birds are gonna be scattered due to the recent rains.
Good luck to all and be safe.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:39 am

Ya ya ya hope you have fun and see a few birds. I'll be able to go out for sure when my dog gets back. Hope the field trial dog can even point a wild bird...

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Hope everyone had a great opener. Should of limited out sooner put it was one of those bad shooting days. I had the wrong chokes in my shot gun still set up for dove. But some blisters on the feet and miles on the boots.Last night thought I would try some new boot inserts what a mistake that was LOL.
Last edited by Troy08er on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER

gsp3333

Post by gsp3333 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Great job troy08er. We didn't fair so well. Went to a buddys hot spot and he twisted his ankle on the first chase. The rest of us went back out blind and managed to pick up a few birds.
The coveys were much smaller and spread out. Boy was it hot today!

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:38 am

gsp3333 wrote:Great job troy08er. We didn't fair so well. Went to a buddys hot spot and he twisted his ankle on the first chase. The rest of us went back out blind and managed to pick up a few birds.
The coveys were much smaller and spread out. Boy was it hot today!
Man that suck about your buddy,hope he's ok. Yep it was hot this snake just missed my buddys dog. He was taken a sh*t about 2 feet away from it then started kicking dirt on it,that's when the snake started rattling.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER