Framed dog photo's

DonF
GDF Junkie

Framed dog photo's

Post by DonF » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:42 am

Anybody frame their own photo's? I do mine. Print them on a 13" wide printer then frame them in barn wood.

This is Tieh, Bodie and Duke.

Bodie in B/W made in a 12x30 photo and barn wood frame. I did the same photo in 8x20 and put it in a shadow box, Really nice. Color photo turned to B/W.

This is Squirt, a 11x17 in a shadow box. The back of the boxs is barn wood also but planned down on one side to 3/8th thick.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Framed dog photo's

Post by shags » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:01 am

Beautiful work, Don. You have a great eye. I especially like the B&W of Bodie.

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:03 am

That's cool. Where did you learn to frame? My buddy is a photographer and has dabbled in making his own frames, but it sounds like there is a lot that goes into doing it well and correctly. The frame ends up being just as much a piece of art as the photo. I really like your use of barn wood. Gives is a great look!

Tim

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:14 am

DogNewbie wrote:That's cool. Where did you learn to frame? My buddy is a photographer and has dabbled in making his own frames, but it sounds like there is a lot that goes into doing it well and correctly. The frame ends up being just as much a piece of art as the photo. I really like your use of barn wood. Gives is a great look!

Tim
I learned to make them years ago because I couldn't afford to have them made and didn't like Bi Marts! Some of the earlier one's were pretty crude. I get my glass by the case and doesn't really cost that much, especially compared to buying it pre cut. The wood is free and buy matts for $11. Can do two 12x30's with three sheets of matt. Use all the same matt so I can use the cut out parts on other size photo's. Worst thing about it is the one's I make now are simple to make and a whole lot easier than the one's before them. Tell your buddy not to give up!

As far as well and correctly, what you like is well and correct. I can start with a board and make about eight frames an hour not counting finish.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

quanah labs

Post by quanah labs » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Those are some really nice photos! I especially liked the long black and white photo showing a really nice point.

Onk

Post by Onk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Very cool pictures and frames! Great job!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"