NFC Rawhides Mo-Reen

Carolina Gundogs

NFC Rawhides Mo-Reen

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 am

Does anyone know anything on the listed NFC? I know of where an old male is that his registration says he was whelped by her. I have heard from people who hunted over this dog (with National Level Competitive FT Dogs) that this male was something to see work the field. The dog never had the chance to trial but was owned by a very wealthy indavidual and after his passing, his wife give his dogs to a plantation. In considering future studs for litters, this male keeps coming up in conversations so I thought I would ask. I have not seen this dog in 2 years now so he may not even still be alive but thought I would ask the question anyway.

Thanks

Ahumphers91a

Re: NFC Rawhides Mo-Reen

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:35 am

PM Sent

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:24 pm

She was trained and handled by Don Paltani of Rawhides Kennels. She was a big running gun dog as allot of Dons were at that time and won the national championship gun dog title in 1996. She was out of Rosehills Cosmo x Rosehills Dizzi Lizzie and they bred her a number of times over the years if I recall.
Jerry Alden

2X NGDC/GFC/FC Clk's Point Me The Way ( Allie ) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2765

rockyridge kennels

Post by rockyridge kennels » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:06 pm

I don't know if she was breed a lot, but she was a really nice dog. Watched her numerious times. If the male you are talking about is still alive you better and your thinking about breeding to him you better hurry, cause he cant be a "spring chicken" by any means.

Good Luck!

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Hunter wrote:She was trained and handled by Don Paltani of Rawhides Kennels. She was a big running gun dog as allot of Dons were at that time and won the national championship gun dog title in 1996. She was out of Rosehills Cosmo x Rosehills Dizzi Lizzie and they bred her a number of times over the years if I recall.
Moreen was far more than just a gun dog .....IMO she was one of the best dogs Don ran at the time, and one of his best producers as well......My guess the male in question would be 12 or so give or take a year.......

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:31 am

Wow, great memory. The owner told me this morning he was born in 1999. He's going to call me back with the AKC registration#. If all looks good there, I will check into a DNA test if one has not already been done. The owner says he still has good run left in him and he hunts him on the plantation. Once I find out more on the complete pedigree, I will post. The potential dam is Dixie in my signature line. Per the owners request, I will will pick the male up and bring him to my home when the time gets closer. The potential breeding will be around Jan or Feb I believe. I will be checking into what supplements will help this go better between now and then.

Thanks

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Carolina Gundogs wrote:Wow, great memory. The owner told me this morning he was born in 1999. He's going to call me back with the AKC registration#. If all looks good there, I will check into a DNA test if one has not already been done. The owner says he still has good run left in him and he hunts him on the plantation. Once I find out more on the complete pedigree, I will post. The potential dam is Dixie in my signature line. Per the owners request, I will will pick the male up and bring him to my home when the time gets closer. The potential breeding will be around Jan or Feb I believe. I will be checking into what supplements will help this go better between now and then.

Thanks
PM Sent