BEATING A DEAD HORSE?!?!?!?!?

kbshorthairs

BEATING A DEAD HORSE?!?!?!?!?

Post by kbshorthairs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Admittedly, I haven't spent the amount of time on this forum that I used to, but over the last several days the threads that I have read left me scratching my head. :roll:
I prefer to use this forum as a place to exchange information and benefit from the wisdom of older more experienced dog people. I am left bewildered by individuals that post proudly about how their dog, their opinion, or their game is THE BEST.
They ramble on endlessly about topics which they obviously have no first hand knowledge. It appears to me that arguing online is what they thrive upon even though swaying an opposing opinion is impossible.

I have a solution to all this <bleep> measuring. Even though I have never met the man in person, I declare Doc Favor the winner. His pictures are the best.....his wife is the prettiest......his ranch is a wildlife paradise......and those hounds he chases around are pretty dang nice as well. So there you have it........all the rest of us yahoos are just fighting for second best anyway........might as well just take your dog and do what you enjoy with it. If you'd like to post pictures and stories of your adventures, the rest of the forum will ooooh and ahhhh in a polite fashion, but please find another place to beat your chest and crow about your exploits. We all know you are full $#!t! :D :D :D

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Re: BEATING A DEAD HORSE?!?!?!?!?

Post by DGFavor » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:37 pm

:lol: :lol: I'm touched!! I've trained myself to avoid these questions without any right answer!!

Not all's perfect in my world - went to run dogs today and Mother Nature gave me the smack down good!! But there's worse things~~

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:40 pm

This is the second best reason for a heated saddle horn

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Chukar12 wrote:This is the second best reason for a heated saddle horn
Thanks, now there's beer all over the table. :lol:

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:52 pm

DGFavor, Thanks for posting all of the pics. You live really close to my home town and I love seeing the familiar ground. Keep 'em coming and happy hunting!
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:44 pm

kbshorthairs wrote:Admittedly, I haven't spent the amount of time on this forum that I used to, but over the last several days the threads that I have read left me scratching my head. :roll:
I prefer to use this forum as a place to exchange information and benefit from the wisdom of older more experienced dog people. I am left bewildered by individuals that post proudly about how their dog, their opinion, or their game is THE BEST.
They ramble on endlessly about topics which they obviously have no first hand knowledge. It appears to me that arguing online is what they thrive upon even though swaying an opposing opinion is impossible.

I have a solution to all this <bleep> measuring. Even though I have never met the man in person, I declare Doc Favor the winner. His pictures are the best.....his wife is the prettiest......his ranch is a wildlife paradise......and those hounds he chases around are pretty dang nice as well. So there you have it........all the rest of us yahoos are just fighting for second best anyway........might as well just take your dog and do what you enjoy with it. If you'd like to post pictures and stories of your adventures, the rest of the forum will ooooh and ahhhh in a polite fashion, but please find another place to beat your chest and crow about your exploits. We all know you are full $#!t! :D :D :D
Not only are there ones that beat their chest but their are also the ones that beat others down every chance they get to somehow feel superior and it gets old quick, arguing over dogs that are better and venues that are better or commenting ignorantly on posts seems to be common practice for a few, which luckily is only a few because for the most part people just appreciate the time they have with their birddogs and hunting buddies whether its in a test, at a trial, hunting, training or just hanging out swapping stories and experience..the people i know and new people ive met in the dog world are open to talking about/ learning about what other people enjoy thank goodness....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Not to change the story but how the heck are you Ruth? How is that pup. I see the avatar, must mean she is still hanging out with you and the fam.

Joe

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:25 am

jcbuttry8 wrote:Not to change the story but how the heck are you Ruth? How is that pup. I see the avatar, must mean she is still hanging out with you and the fam.

Joe
im great, thanks for askin :D..my husband drove down about 5 weeks ago to meet up with jerseys breeder in ohio on the way to a hunt for some grouse in wisc with her sire and dam for a week, shes living with her breeder now and doing very well..did you see jersey as the featured dog in the versitile hunting dog november issue on page 6 and the little article my husband had written??..shes a great little birddog and is a natural on grouse like her parents :)..the pup in my avatar is HARLEY hes a male GSP we got introduced to threw a friend a few weeks ago and is doing great with my fam and all the other dogs here :D , we keep in close touch with jerseys breeder and we are hoping to get together with him and jersey next year for a hunt, take care joe...ruth :D
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

k2k

Post by k2k » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:06 am

Chukar12 wrote:This is the second best reason for a heated saddle horn
So what's the first best reason?????? :lol:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:47 am

kbshorthairs wrote:Admittedly, I haven't spent the amount of time on this forum that I used to, but over the last several days the threads that I have read left me scratching my head. :roll:

Here's your picture:

" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:06 pm

I like cheesecake.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Wenaha

Post by Wenaha » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:49 am

Sometimes the horse in question is not dead.
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.

My Blog: Living with Bird Dogs

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:28 pm

And will NEVER DIE!! :P :lol:

doco
Location: Massena, NY - on the Northermost US/Canadian Border

Post by doco » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Hey Joe,

Love the new Avatar, even if it does have a long tail...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
If You Ain't Lettin Lead Fly, Nothin Falls......

KJ's Hightailing Saddle x Von Grief's Abbey Road Litter
Whelped 12/23/2010

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3061

FC Von Greif's Abbey Road
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3059

FC/AFC Heidi Von Greif
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3060

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:36 pm

I know Doc. But when you get on here and see every post with all those short tails I just feel inclined to change up the view a bit. She is a great little pup.

Joe