Warmer Gloves

bossman

Warmer Gloves

Post by bossman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Headed for central Kansas after Thanksgiving for five days. Looking at the weather forcast, my LL Bean Synthetic gloves may not be warm enough. Any thoughts on warmer gloves that are still flexible enough to pull the trigger would be appreciated. (Going with the anticipation that we will have a chance to pull the trigger a few times).

helpful_cub

Re: Warmer Gloves

Post by helpful_cub » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:23 pm

I got some nice gloves from Gander Mountain. They were camo with gore-tex insulation in them. Then the index finger was thinner material so you could feel the trigger. So something like that may be what your looking for.

reba

Post by reba » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Check out the "Gun Glove"

Comes in three different weights.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Ive got a pair of Under armor gloves that I wear for everything untill it dips below 0 they are thin and very comfy. they also have a velcro back on them where you can insert hand warmers.

JIm
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 pm

jimbo&rooster wrote:Ive got a pair of Under armor gloves that I wear for everything untill it dips below 0 they are thin and very comfy. they also have a velcro back on them where you can insert hand warmers.

JIm
Have those too - ordered 'em from Cabela's. They work great.

bossman

Post by bossman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Both great suggestions. But which Under Armor gloves are you recommending? The "liner gloves"? Since there is a Cabela's about 7 miles from the house, I can run back down there. Just didn't notice Under Armor when we were there last night. Thanks

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Oh man, that's dangerous having a Cabela's that close. Got mine at the Sydney, NE store.

Pretty sure they were these: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Under-Ar ... l+Products

They do have quite a selection, though. I see your dilemma. :D

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:13 am

I find that if I wear a good vest and long under wear, I do not need gloves or at least just a thin pair that breaks the wind and very light insulation. If you keep your core warm your extremities will stay warmer.

Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

SeriousBirdman

Post by SeriousBirdman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 am

Gloves have always been a PITA for me. Have tried every pair of gloves (almost!) under the sun and so far these are the best. Caveat: Have not worn them yet in super, super cold. A bit pricey, but just like anything else, get what you $ for.... As with all things your mileage may vary....

Link to gloves:
http://www.woodandmetal.com/product/woo ... aroo-glove

My review of 'em:
http://www.seriousbirdhunting.com/2011/ ... er-gloves/
Trying to energize the birdin' world at http://www.seriousbirdhunting.com!

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:18 am

Personally I can't stand the trigger finger gloves at all...I think they are still a bit bulky and having one finger colder than the rest is annoying as well. I do one of two things. Buy finger less gloves that are too big for you so just your last knuckle is exposed, or, if it's really cold, just cut off the tip of your trigger finger on some warmer gloves. That has always worked well for me. I also will carry thick extra warm mittens if it's really cold because I have bad circulation and every one in a while I'll need to get the blood flowing in my hands again. But that's usually only if it's under 0.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:01 am

When it gets cold I'm not ashamed of using the mitten type gloves where the mit folds back to expose your fingers, I can even keep my trigger finger outside the mit.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

live4point

Post by live4point » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:09 pm

I use a a pair of mechanics gloves I bought at wal-mart,they make pretty good shooting gloves and cost around 10 bucks.

hunterw/newhobby

Post by hunterw/newhobby » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:23 pm

if it gets really cold put some latex gloves on as a liner. Super cheap, can still wear thin gloves and your hands will usually sweat they get so hot (latex does "breath").
Ross

bossman

Post by bossman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Ordered two pair of the "Gun Glove" today. The guy on the telephone was extremely helpful and I think they are what I've been looking for. Now if I can just remember to bring the sardines, I think I'll have everything :D Hey birddog1968, as said many times, great avatar picture!