ez loader kennel hold 2 larger GSPs?

Vaoutdoors42

ez loader kennel hold 2 larger GSPs?

Post by Vaoutdoors42 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm

My father in law is looking for a kennel to transport two dogs in (in a toyota tacoma).
You guys have any experience with this kennel? quality product?

The main concern is will it hold two 65+ pound GSPs?

http://www.lcsupply.com/EZ-Loader-Deuce ... info/SEZL/

ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR -2 DOG transport kennel (which wont cost an arm and a leg)?

Thanks

gsps4evr

Re: ez loader kennel hold 2 larger GSPs?

Post by gsps4evr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm guessing that will probably run you close to $400 bucks with the shipping. You might be better off checking craigslist in your surrounding area for a 2 hole dog box or getting one of the DIY box kits.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Vaoutdoors42,
I like two individual flight cages better than the combo. You end up with more efficient use of the room in your vehicle for other needed equipment and guns.
With a smaller vehicle you can still get an ammo box and other gear between the cages, as you see with the larger vehicle you actually have room for the old time milk crates between the cages, or other different type storage boxes, for shells and training equipment. With the double dog cage you loose to much room for other equipment.

RGD/Dave

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog on Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Vaoutdoors42 wrote:My father in law is looking for a kennel to transport two dogs in (in a toyota tacoma).
You guys have any experience with this kennel? quality product?

The main concern is will it hold two 65+ pound GSPs?

http://www.lcsupply.com/EZ-Loader-Deuce ... info/SEZL/

ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR -2 DOG transport kennel (which wont cost an arm and a leg)?

Thanks
The specs on the Tacoma says it is 41.5" between the wheel that box says its 42" wide, it slightly tapered so it may work. It also might be worth noting that you wouldn't be able to find a kennel jacket if you ever wanted a insulated box.

Vaoutdoors42

Post by Vaoutdoors42 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:21 am

thanks for the replys guys but Do you think this ez loader would hold 2 GSPS which are 65 pounds?
this was his main concern....

bumper52

Post by bumper52 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 am

yes....plenty big for two shorthairs.....here's a pic of mine in the back of a full size Sierra
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tnbndr

Post by tnbndr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:50 pm

I purchased one last year after using a well made two dog crate that took two people to load and unload. The EZ Loader will hold your GSP's just fine. Both of mine go 60lbs and fit with plenty of room. I purchased the smaller one for the back of an SUV even though I own a full size Tundra, gives me more options in case I need to use the wifes' Land Cruiser. I like mine just fine.