Just sharing a story about a pointer...

markj
GDF Junkie

Re: Just sharing a story about a pointer...

Post by markj » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:43 pm

The comments at the bottom should be a wake up call as how hunting & trial dogs need to get on the same page.Lots of animal rights folks have no ideal about working dogs or any other animal for that matter they see it as abuse.
+100 many many folks are clueless to animal husbandry remember that word? Used to be folks had animals to take care of, cows to milk at the very least. Now? folks are so removed from this they have no idea about animals in general.

I fear this is the way of the future.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 pm

markj wrote:
The comments at the bottom should be a wake up call as how hunting & trial dogs need to get on the same page.Lots of animal rights folks have no ideal about working dogs or any other animal for that matter they see it as abuse.
+100 many many folks are clueless to animal husbandry remember that word? Used to be folks had animals to take care of, cows to milk at the very least. Now? folks are so removed from this they have no idea about animals in general.

I fear this is the way of the future.
Don't loose all faith yet, it was looking pretty bleak for a while but some dog people actully jumped in and made them look silly.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Don't loose all faith yet,
I meant the general populations views on anything involves killing. I was born in the 50s, back in my day we took our guns to school, hunted the road ditches home after class was let out. Why just the other day a young man was arrested for doing the very same as I once did. So does that make me a bad person? in some folks eyes yes it does. Some folks just dont understand the hunt, nor will they ever.

I could add up the rights I have lost over the years due to politicians and the ever ellusive safety for one and all. Would take both hands and one foot there.

I remember going into a gun shop. Picking out a gun, paying for it and walking out the door. Isnt that easy these days. I had to pay a kid to tell me how to be safe with a handgun, then wait 6 weeks for a permit to carry it..... Meanwhile the criminals get more guns.......
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:45 pm

markj wrote:
I meant the general populations views on anything involves killing. I was born in the 50s, back in my day we took our guns to school, hunted the road ditches home after class was let out. Why just the other day a young man was arrested for doing the very same as I once did. So does that make me a bad person? in some folks eyes yes it does. Some folks just dont understand the hunt, nor will they ever.

I could add up the rights I have lost over the years due to politicians and the ever ellusive safety for one and all. Would take both hands and one foot there.

I remember going into a gun shop. Picking out a gun, paying for it and walking out the door. Isnt that easy these days. I had to pay a kid to tell me how to be safe with a handgun, then wait 6 weeks for a permit to carry it..... Meanwhile the criminals get more guns.......
I didn't know you were that old!.!

I remember going hunting after school and ditching school to go hunting and I'm only 27. Have to be smart about carrying a gun in a vehicle and just be safe enough not to bring it on campus due to vehicles being stolen/broken into. A lot of trouble comes from people bringing guns or forgetting to take them out after a hunting trip. Rules are rules for honest hard working people. Now if they said its ok to bring guns to school you always have people that will do it for the wrong reasons. People especially young people do not have the sake moral values that older folks grew up and adopted by getting their butts whipped.

If parents who should have kids took care of said kids and the people that shouldn't have kids did not I believe this country would be great and crime levels would be lower.

At this minute the guy next to me has marijuana on him and is stoned, the guy at the counter is under the influence is a CNS stimulant and the guy working in the shop is a major crack head and even missing all of his front teeth. Doesn't sound like they should be carrying any weapons. Lol

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:52 pm

lol, I worked there!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:40 am

I didn't know you were that old!.!
Well I guess I am :) lol my baby sis is a granny... almost twice yer age...

Temecula CA, been there got a cousin lives out there. Druggies are all over not just in CA. I miss the rodes I ride on the motorcycle when I am out that way.

We need more folks to stand up and say hey that is wrong. I do whenever i can, got busted for it too.
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:09 pm

markj wrote:

I graduated in the 90s, 1st hour shop class we always came in late because of the morning goose hunt and the teacher understood completely. We built muzzle loaders and cannons as school projects. Last year my son took gun training, 90% of his class took it including the most of the girls. Guns are not allowed on school property here, however no one really asks the kids whats under the pile of camo in the back seat. I see Michigan has got their permit to carry license now reciprocity in 40 states. There is still places where things are pretty close to what you remembered.