Brittany

Boom Stick

Brittany

Post by Boom Stick » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Does anyone have recommendations for reputable breeders of Brittany's in or around WA state? I'm hoping to eventually find someone that breeds hunting dogs vs. show dogs. Picking a puppy will be a long term investment. One that I do not want to take lightly. My cousin will be using this dog for Upland game and would prefer a close hunter to one that ranges.

3Britts

Re: Brittany

Post by 3Britts » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 am

I have always liked Dave Walker dogs. He is in western Idaho.
www.davewalkerdogs.com

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 am

Contact the N.W. Field trial council. I think they have a web site. Tom Medley is in Irrigon, Oregon and used to have very nice Britts. I think he has setter's now but he'll know where to look. I wouldn't worry a whole lot about show vers field type with the Britt. The Britt Club is very active in keeping both alive in the same dog.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:57 am

There are 2 active Brittany clubs in WA.

http://www.wabrittanyclub.com/

http://www.brittanycenter.com/clubsites ... ttanyclub/

They should know who has puppies, who is expecting, and should be able to get you in touch with some reputable breeders.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:33 am

You might try Jim House at Jalos Brittanys(he has very good britts) jalosbrittanys1@yahoo.com

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:39 am

Jim House is an especially good choice if you are looking for right now, he has puppies on the ground. He has managed to keep some dogs as close to Bean's Blaze in bloodlines that I can find in just about any pedigree in the country.

Best regards,

Joe

Boom Stick

Post by Boom Stick » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 pm

I really appreciate all the information. I will share all this with my cousin.
Thanks!

chukarmandoo

Post by chukarmandoo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:45 am

Well here goes. I haven't posted on here but a time or two but I do get a lot of info from you guys and gals. Any way here goes. I have 3 Brittany pups that need a home. They are 9 mo. old and I would say with a little more work they would be Started dogs. They come from really good breeding. Sire is from line breeding. Two generations back Shambo's Dark Shadow and three back and Tequila's Joker. Dam also has good breeding. Any way I have not been able to sell them, mostly my fault, so I am offering them for FREE to good homes. Want the new owners to know what they are getting into. I'm trying to place these pups in the best homes! Will not ship. I live in NW Oregon. Thanks, Dan