Wee-Wee Post

BillGraves

Wee-Wee Post

Post by BillGraves » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Anyone have success with anything like this? My male GSP is destroying all my plants in the yard. I saw something called a wee-wee post that is supposed to attract him to a specific area to pee. I have also read to use a mixture of jalapeno pepper and water to spray on plants to keep him away from it. ANy thoughts?

Bill

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Wee-Wee Post

Post by DonF » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Have your neighbor park his Corvette in your driveway. Dog's like rims and tires better than post's.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:02 pm

DonF wrote:Have your neighbor park his Corvette in your driveway. Dog's like rims and tires better than post's.
LOL!!! Too funny!!! :lol:
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Haha, if my neighbor had a corvette, I'd pee on the rims and tires to mark MY territory! He is only allowed in the back yard anyway.

Bill

LaTexCLB

Post by LaTexCLB » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:44 pm

We trained our Brittany to relieve himself in one designated spot in the yard to keep from killing the grass. It was intense potty-training for 2 - 3 weeks. My wife and son actually took the lead on this (mostly my wife). This was like potty-training a child. They would literally make the dog stay in the one spot until he relieved himself - and then he could enjoy some freedom. It has stuck for about a year so far with a few reminders. There was no wee-wee post or other attractant scents used - just plan old-fashioned perserverance and tons of patience. It can be done - but you will have to be very consistent and firm for 2 - 3 weeks.
Impressive KaZoya Rusty Mia Reduxx http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genedit.php?id=4133

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:12 am

LaTexCLB wrote:We trained our Brittany to relieve himself in one designated spot in the yard to keep from killing the grass. It was intense potty-training for 2 - 3 weeks. My wife and son actually took the lead on this (mostly my wife). This was like potty-training a child. They would literally make the dog stay in the one spot until he relieved himself - and then he could enjoy some freedom. It has stuck for about a year so far with a few reminders. There was no wee-wee post or other attractant scents used - just plan old-fashioned perserverance and tons of patience. It can be done - but you will have to be very consistent and firm for 2 - 3 weeks.
I wish that were possible! My dog is an outside dog. He sleeps inside but from the time I go to work (5:45am) until I let him in at night (usually around 9:00) he is outside in the yard. We have a big fenced-in backyard and he has free roam of it during the day. My wife has no interest in him or his training so asking her to help while I'm gone is out of the question and he will not be an inside dog either. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Bill

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:46 am

Sleep in a dog crate and out first thing in the morning.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!