Erin's Pointers

Stoneface

Erin's Pointers

Post by Stoneface » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

I saw Tin Soldier up close and person in a kennel when I went to pick up Moxy, but that's the extent of my interaction with any Erin Pointers. Does anyone here have much experience watching them, breeding to them or working with their pups? I've heard a few people say things and the comments and opinions seems to span the spectrum including everything from raving reviews to ranting reviews.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

sckwest1

Re: Erin's Pointers

Post by sckwest1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:48 pm

nice quesion stoneface. I know that there is no arguing their success in the field trial world. Those dogs have done exceptionally well in the All Age and Shooting Dog venues. Come on down and we'll run some of them ol erin dogs. SCKWEST

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:56 pm

I have a southern justice male and hes all bird dog. Hard running, easy handling, bird finding machine. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another.

Mike

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:25 pm

I think we may have t do that, West. I'd like to see Rebel run, anyhow. If he works as good as he looks it'd be something to see. Do you have a preference on Sean's dogs? Of course, everyone knows Southern Justice, but I hear Bad River's giving him a run for his money as a stud dog and competitor.
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:37 pm

don't know yet, i got some here off stoney river, badriver, braveheart, and the old priceless gyp off southern justice. bring down some birds and we can run them allday. I have a 4 wheeler for putting birds out and we can split price of birds, bring your dogs and we'll make a day of it. SCKWEST

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:50 pm

I sure hope that stoneface shoots better than west, you may want to invite me down so we get all of are retrieve work in.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Ron, if West can't shoot then maybe you should keep the day open. If you gave me a rock and sat me on the coast I couldn' t hit water!
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:16 am

Didn't similar injuries end both Southern Justice and Tin Soldiers competitive careers?

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:07 am

birdogg42 wrote:I have a southern justice male and hes all bird dog. Hard running, easy handling, bird finding machine. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another.

Mike
I sure like the dog in your avatar, AWESOME lookin' dog!!

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:55 am

Big Dave wrote:Didn't similar injuries end both Southern Justice and Tin Soldiers competitive careers?
Yes, sir, both succombed to knee injuries. However they came off a trainer who roads young dogs hard, so if it's conditioning, genetics, or a combination, who knows? It's never been a secret, though.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:50 am

rkappes wrote:
birdogg42 wrote:I have a southern justice male and hes all bird dog. Hard running, easy handling, bird finding machine. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another.

Mike
I sure like the dog in your avatar, AWESOME lookin' dog!!
Thanks. But that's a pinehill (elhew) gyp. I'll try to post a pic of my Erin's male

Mike

rockyridge kennels

Post by rockyridge kennels » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:32 am

I have a Bad River derby and a Bravehart puppy from Erin kennels.
The derby is the best dog I have ever put a checkcord on, he is extremley fast and good lookin on the ground, great style and a termendious bird dog!
He is on Luke Eisenharts string.

The Derrigs have treated me very well and I look forward to my next Erin dog (real soon I hope) :wink:

Sean Hauser

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:03 am

rockyridge kennels wrote:I have a Bad River derby and a Bravehart puppy from Erin kennels.
The derby is the best dog I have ever put a checkcord on, he is extremley fast and good lookin on the ground, great style and a termendious bird dog!

The Derrigs have treated me very well and I look forward to my next Erin dog (real soon I hope) :wink:

Sean Hauser

Of course its the best dog you've had. Its not a GSP.

Birddog3412

Post by Birddog3412 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:39 pm

You will not go wrong buying a dog of of Sean or Sean Pat. FIRST CLASS PEOPLE....FIRST CLASS OPERATION....FIRST CLASS DOGS. I was up their last week to pick up my female Jewel, she was bred to Erins Braveheart. I have a male and female out of her and Stoney River from last year, great pups. I plan on keeping a couple from this litter. I was lucky enough to run some young dogs with them, pics below. These three will probably tear up the derby circut next year.

rockyridge kennels

Post by rockyridge kennels » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:10 pm

ElhewPointer wrote:
rockyridge kennels wrote:I have a Bad River derby and a Bravehart puppy from Erin kennels.

Sean Hauser

I know, I should have done it two years ago! NO BS these dogs are miles ahead of my shorthairs.

I was runnin dogs the other day and came accros a dead deer, my pointer puppy stopped looked at it at kept haulin butt down the tree line. My shorthairs would have stopped had a little lunch and rolled in it until I drug them away, and then went back for seconds..........
Last edited by rockyridge kennels on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:31 pm

here is my Southern Justice Male

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Hey birddog is he off the gypsy female? I have 3 females here off gypsy. SCKWEST

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Scott, Yes he is. I sure like him.

mike

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:15 pm

I know, I should have done it two years ago! NO BS these dogs are miles ahead of shorthairs.
That is quite a generalization there and includes thousands of dogs that you have never seen, both GSP's and EP's. In reality, you can get an outstanding dog, mediocre or a dud in any breed.....It is more of a personal preference and a lot of it depends on what venue/venues you participate in. I don't mean any offense....I just get a little tired of people praising one breed while bashing another because of personal opinion or preference. I currently own GSP's and I could say they are miles ahead of pointers I have owned, it wouldn't be true but they are just as good and even if it was true, I wouldn't be talking about all pointers and all shorthairs. :wink:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

rockyridge kennels

Post by rockyridge kennels » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:50 pm

birddogger wrote:
I know, I should have done it two years ago! NO BS these dogs are miles ahead of shorthairs.
That is quite a generalization there and includes thousands of dogs that you have never seen, both GSP's and EP's. In reality, you can get an outstanding dog, mediocre or a dud in any breed.....It is more of a personal preference and a lot of it depends on what venue/venues you participate in. I don't mean any offense....I just get a little tired of people praising one breed while bashing another because of personal opinion or preference. I currently own GSP's and I could say they are miles ahead of pointers I have owned, it wouldn't be true but they are just as good and even if it was true, I wouldn't be talking about all pointers and all shorthairs. :wink:

Charlie
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, how about this.... My Erin bred pionters are IMO better dogs then the shorthairs I have in my kennel.

Is that better??
Last edited by rockyridge kennels on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Hey rockyridge, you didn't hurt my feelings.....I am too old for that to happen and my reply wasn't meant to be personal. These type of comments are made from time to time and I just happened to reply to yours. BTW, I can certainly appreciate and relate to the excitement and enthusiasm of getting a new dog that is doing well. :D

Good luck with him and enjoy,
Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:05 am

rockyridge kennels wrote:
ElhewPointer wrote:

Sean Hauser

I know, I should have done it two years ago! NO BS these dogs are miles ahead of my shorthairs.

I was runnin dogs the other day and came accros a dead deer, my pointer puppy stopped looked at it at kept haulin butt down the tree line. My shorthairs would have stopped had a little lunch and rolled in it until I drug them away, and then went back for seconds..........

Hey now, go easy on the shorthairs. That one you sold me is a good sum beech. :wink:

Doug