E-Collar ?

MOOSE

E-Collar ?

Post by MOOSE » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:38 am

One of my puppy owners is looking into getting their first e-collar. I am a BIG fan of Tri Tronics and have given them information on them. They stopped at a Bass Pro Shop this weekend and said they saw one that was made by Dogtra but was the "knock off" brand of Red Head which is the Bass Pro name. She said it was the Red Head 1200. An ecollar beeper combo.

Has anyone ever used this collar and if so what are your feelings on it? Thanks!
Beth
UWP GRCH UMJCH BNJ Shooter's Rising Phoenix CGC-GSP
USUV UMJCH Flying High Rajah TDI- APBT
UJJ CH Legacyk FlwCrk The Old Peublo RD- GSP
UWP UCD UMJ URO1 GRCH BNJ Rumor Has It CGC RN RD NA II- GSP

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: E-Collar ?

Post by Sharon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:27 am

Have only used the Dogtra 2502 ( combo). Absolutely no complaints. it is great.
Last edited by Sharon on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

bossman

Post by bossman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:30 pm

If they plan to use the beeper, get a Dogtra. Have a Dogtra 2502 very happy . Just got back from 4 days in Kansas and used it exclusively. If they have no plans on using the beeper function, I'd go with TT. Know nothing about the Red Head (does Red Head or Dogtra repair it if any are needed?). When buying a piece of equipment as important as an e-collar, go with the best you can afford.

MOOSE

Post by MOOSE » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:03 pm

I have no idea how Dogtra/Red head works for complaints/repairs. I LOVE my TT beeper and e collar combo. Lost my dog in the grouse woods and she was gone for 32 hours and the beeper and ecollar were still working strong. And if it weren't for them working strong that long into it we probably would have never found her. So I am a bit bias toward TT. :0)
Beth

bossman

Post by bossman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:39 pm

It apperars to me that if your the breeder and have a relationship with these people and your a big fan of TT and have had good luck with TT's beeper/collar combo, I see no reason to take a chance on a "knock off" brand. (gosh, I guess that qaulifies for a run-on sentence). Good luck to them with their new pup.

MOOSE

Post by MOOSE » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:52 am

bossman wrote:It apperars to me that if your the breeder and have a relationship with these people and your a big fan of TT and have had good luck with TT's beeper/collar combo, I see no reason to take a chance on a "knock off" brand. (gosh, I guess that qaulifies for a run-on sentence). Good luck to them with their new pup.
Yes we do have a very good relationship with the pup owners. I love all my puppy owners they are wonderful people. I did tell them I would ask about the Red head one on here though in case that is the one they wanted. I of course will not force them to buy what I would buy. If that makes sense.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Beth