FDSB and OFA

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

FDSB and OFA

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Way cool I just dual registered my new pup from NLB and The FDSB has Nolan's Last Bullets OFA in the registration.
I contacted them and right now they do not have it on the pedigree's but wonder if the breed clubs would contact Bernie and let him know what a great resource it would be if they would include the OFA onto the pedigree's

I was also told they do this for the dogs that are fully registered with FDSB...guess I will be getting my girls fully done I have just been paying the extra fee to have the litters dual registered but now that I know the OFA will become part of the FDSB database guess I will shell it all out now..
Thumbs up FDSB
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

pinebrookkennel

Re: FDSB and OFA

Post by pinebrookkennel » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:09 pm

I just called and talked to the people @ fdsb yesterday, very nice to talk with and helpfull. Its nice to talk with a real person when you have
A silly question like I often do. :D
Make no distinction between practice and combat !
Miyamoto Musashi.
Knowledge, once gained can never be stolen or repossessed.
Jered

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:43 pm

That isn't the only reason..I have always reg my males and reg those females that had a chance to be run in some FDSB rec events..for years since NSTRA and FDSB split I just dual reg my litters since some of them did get to play in AF stuff and AKC but know that I know by fully reg they get results it in my book has become worthwhile to pay to reg the female..as it basically came out in the wash anyways either pay an extra 5 bucks to dual litters from a female that was only AKC reg or now will pay 22 bucks for the females full fdsb reg and then the litter reg is regular price instead of an extra five since both dam and sire will be FDSB reg

just saying :wink:

Also it is nice to have in Hand your dogs info and related info not everyone goes to web sites to research OFA and such
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

dan v

Post by dan v » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:56 pm

gpblitz wrote:If that's the only reason to reg. FDSB, in my opinion why. You can get the info from OFA database free. I'm alittle dissapointed in OFA that a owner can disallow OFA to publish dogs that have bad hips.
So it's better that people don't x-ray at all? Look, at least they have taken the time, and spent the $, to get the films done and sent to OFA. So they know, but you find fault that some would like to not put it out there publicly?

I know of a few breeders that have their dogs hips "vet cleared", meaning they've spent the money for an OFA view, and have just decided not to spent the OFA fee. Now that's crazy as well.
Dan

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:13 pm

OH Almost forgot to add
When You have your dog's OFA'd Put down your AKC and FDSB registration numbers on the form as there is a place for both Numbers and that way OFA will also send American Field current list of dogs done for those dogs that have FDSB numbers