for the field trial crowd......

SetterNut

Re: for the field trial crowd......

Post by SetterNut » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:02 pm

bigsugar wrote:She was the only one entered. We put the other dogs in just to make it look better. :oops:

Setternut I have been beat by sis already. She's a real nice hound. John always shows up with nice dogs. You have to BEAT him. He's not gonna give you an inch. That's why I like him.

When John and Kelli told me that they took 2nd and 3rd, I knew it was the "Lady with the Pointer" again. :D
John speaks highly of you and your dogs.

I will have to come and watch some more. Or I have a young Setter pup that might be fun to turn loose. Just never been bittin by the trial bug.
Steve

bigsugar

Post by bigsugar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:16 pm

They were in the stake too. I think there were 10 dogs if my memory serves me right. Elhewpointer (Vagas Mathieson) was ready to demean Rhonda's accomplishment. He's just that way. You'll find that out. If he wins a 10 dog stake it was a great win. If you win a 10 dog stake then you didn't beat anyone. It's just how he is.

Rhonda has been on the receiving end of it from John many times herself. They have fun running against each other. You need to come out and run.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:47 pm

bigsugar wrote:They were in the stake too. I think there were 10 dogs if my memory serves me right. Elhewpointer (Vagas Mathieson) was ready to demean Rhonda's accomplishment. He's just that way. You'll find that out. If he wins a 10 dog stake it was a great win. If you win a 10 dog stake then you didn't beat anyone. It's just how he is.

Rhonda has been on the receiving end of it from John many times herself. They have fun running against each other. You need to come out and run.

Andy its just because you always promote yourself as this big time trialer, and put others down, and put up a pic of a pointer winning against some Vizlsa's. Also I don't think Vagas really has much he has to prove, he already owned a dog that is probably nicer than any dog you and I will ever own!

And Rhonda was calling someone else out that made a comment about something and she questioned if they had won a CH, not just a breed specific CH, but a "big boy" CH as she called it. So I think in your guys case, kettle meet pot!

And if I recall you were constantly putting down Idaho's Lucky Strike cause he pulls his tail, yet he is a 6X CH.... So I guess you have the nerve to call out someones multiple CH but I cant?? :)
Last edited by Elkhunter on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigsugar

Post by bigsugar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Josh you can call out whoever you want. You're a big boy.

I've never promoted myself as anything. Its an image you've created of me that you can't seem to get over.

I happen to think I'll RUN a dog as nice or nicer then the one Vagas OWNED. Not taking anything away from the dog. I have lots of time. I'm young yet.
Last edited by bigsugar on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:03 pm

bigsugar wrote:Josh you can call out whoever you want. You're a big boy.

I've never promoted myself as anything. Its an image you've created of me that you can't seem to get over.

I happen to think I'll RUN a dog as nice or nicer then the one Vagas OWNED. I have lots of time. I'm young yet.
I never called PP out, I just asked why you bred to him based off of his style I saw on the picture that I posted. Then you got all personal on my 3 legged 10 year old GSP! :D

bigsugar

Post by bigsugar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Josh don't backpeddle now. If that's your opinion of Ted it's cool. He'll go into the hall of fame when he dies. Remember you heard from me first. :D

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 pm

I never called him out, I was the one defending dogs with "bad" style. And simply asked you a question was all, I also stated I would gladly own PP. I hope he does go to the HOF, I am sure he is a great dog.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:14 pm

I've never promoted myself as anything.
:lol: :lol:

Back to the topic, I'd like to see a setter win.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Too funny.

Anyway, away from the pouting. I'm really shooting for Sinbad. I've seen him go. Awesome animal! Good luck everyone! If you're there, you have a badarse dog!

oakcreek

Post by oakcreek » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Andy I know that you have bred to prairieland pride, but have you actually ever seen him run?

bigsugar

Post by bigsugar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:47 am

bigsugar wrote:
and she usually ends up here...

Elkhunter wrote: ..... and put up a pic of a pointer winning against some Vizlsa's. .....
The really cool thing about this picture, is that even though John is posing one of his dogs, both the V's were actually handled by Kelli. It's the first trial I've ever been to that I haven't been the only girl handler. And it is probably (I may be wrong here, but I don't think that I am) the first stake in KS to ever have all 3 placements by women handlers. Now that's NEAT in my opinion!

Trust me when I say that it's no easy win against John's Vizlsa's. You should see these red dogs go! Then you would understand that the "pic of the pointer winning against some Vizlsa's" is actually a pretty dang good accomplishment! They are some really nice dogs. I've been in the second place spot against John's V's a time or two. :oops: Now that's embarrassing! (kidding of course....John and I have a very friendly rivalry! 8) )

Back to the topic....I too am pulling for Prairieland Pride. :D

Rhonda

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 am

If you haven't been out to see some of the better vizslas run, then you are fooling yourself into thinking they are anything inferior to your opinion of them. I could name about 10 dogs who would hold their own in just about any venue on horseback. They may not win, but they definitely will not be embarassed either.

There are some grounds out this way that you have to beat a red dog to win - and it's not easy. Ask some of the GSP pros who run here and long tail pros who run here. :wink: :mrgreen:

Back to the topic......
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:38 am

Where on this entire thread did anyone knock em? Just wondering. Im well aware of what they can do. A few summer camps when I was younger, with probably the best Vizsla man ever.

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:50 am

From Elkhunter:

"Andy its just because you always promote yourself as this big time trialer, and put others down, and put up a pic of a pointer winning against some Vizlsa's. Also I don't think Vagas really has much he has to prove, he already owned a dog that is probably nicer than any dog you and I will ever own!"

Sure sounded like a slam or slight to me.

Most people know what they are capable of. I do not want to detract from this thread, so let's get back to the thread at hand.
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:55 am

How dare you insinuate that a field trailer slam another breed/venue/ORG... That doesn't happen just ask them! Lamo

Petroplex Hunter

Post by Petroplex Hunter » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 am

Jax Jaba ran great last year -- IMO was a front-runner until White Out put down a dominant race.

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 am

Where is the lineup for the National posted? I am not able to find it on the Ames site. I still would like to see a setter on the steps.
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Buckeye_V wrote:From Elkhunter:

"Andy its just because you always promote yourself as this big time trialer, and put others down, and put up a pic of a pointer winning against some Vizlsa's. Also I don't think Vagas really has much he has to prove, he already owned a dog that is probably nicer than any dog you and I will ever own!"

Most people know what they are capable of. I do not want to detract from this thread, so let's get back to the thread at hand.
No slam on the breed at all, I know some of the best Vizsla's in the country come to a big classic here in UT and I saw a bunch of them at the trial I attended. But at the same time you and I can both agree that there is a pretty significant difference between your average pointer and your average vizsla from a trial perspective, which was all I was pointing out.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Elkhunter wrote:

No slam on the breed at all, I know some of the best Vizsla's in the country come to a big classic here in UT and I saw a bunch of them at the trial I attended. But at the same time you and I can both agree that there is a pretty significant difference between your average pointer and your average vizsla from a trial perspective, which was all I was pointing out.
In case you aren't aware, your average Vizsla doesn't show up at an all breed trial so that is a rather pointless argument to your intent on posting.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Around here they do :D and their "average" ain't shabby :D

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Look, i don't want this to be a vizsla pissing thread.

You guys go ahead and think what you want. :wink:

jczv

Post by jczv » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:09 pm

slistoe wrote:
Elkhunter wrote:

In case you aren't aware, your average Vizsla doesn't show up at an all breed trial so that is a rather pointless argument to your intent on posting.
Here's you go, Vizsla's are competing in an all breed trial - they are even running at Ames (the AKC Gundog championship is run there this year)!

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=33261

Back on topic I always root for a setter just because they are such underdogs (even though I would never own a long-haired dog).

moonshinekennel

Post by moonshinekennel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:23 pm

I'll be cheering for the Erin's breed pointers. Personally like Kentucky gambler.
Hope they all Finish well. 2 hrs of running against some of the best around is
A lot of pressure.
Dale

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:35 pm

what is the difference between the hobart and nationals..... as far as qualifying? do most of the dogs entered in hobart compete in nationals? would there be an advantage to running the course 1 month prior for those entered in the hobart?

rockyridge kennels

Post by rockyridge kennels » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:36 pm

moonshinekennel wrote:I'll be cheering for the Erin's breed pointers. Personally like Kentucky gambler.
A lot of pressure.
Dale
+1

rockyridge kennels

Post by rockyridge kennels » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:37 pm

moonshinekennel wrote:I'll be cheering for the Erin's breed pointers. Personally like Kentucky gambler.
A lot of pressure.
Dale
But I think it's 3hrs :wink:

moonshinekennel

Post by moonshinekennel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:56 pm

I thought it was 2 hrs but very well could be 3. Still a long run not to
Mess up, show to the front and Finish strong.. I read in another post that
Only 9 dogs made it thru clean without being picked up.
Dale

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:04 pm

jczv wrote:
slistoe wrote:
Elkhunter wrote:
Here's you go, Vizsla's are competing in an all breed trial - they are even running at Ames (the AKC Gundog championship is run there this year)!

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=33261

Back on topic I always root for a setter just because they are such underdogs (even though I would never own a long-haired dog).
:D Average dogs of any breed don't show up at an all breed trial - leastways not if you expect to place. You guys are all looking for an excuse to cry you are being picked on.

But definitely rooting for a Setter to make a good showing.

bigsugar

Post by bigsugar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:13 pm

natetnc wrote:what is the difference between the hobart and nationals..... as far as qualifying? do most of the dogs entered in hobart compete in nationals? would there be an advantage to running the course 1 month prior for those entered in the hobart?
A lot of the dogs running in the national next month are in Florida right now running the Florida championship. They went from Georgia to Florida this month. There are some national caliber dogs running at Ames in the Hobart.

I think there would be an advantage to running a month prior. Most of the pros though have grounds they are on right now down south in preparation for Ames. The guys I know where in Arkansas a couple weeks ago then moved on to Georgia to train and now they're in Florida.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:22 am

A lot of the dogs running in the national next month are in Florida right now running the Florida championship.
The Florida Ch. finished like 10 days ago fyi. Better update yer scheduler or get "the guys you know" to keep ya' in the loop a little better!! :wink:

bigsugar

Post by bigsugar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:47 am

That's right dougie. Some of if them are still down there working dogs.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 am

:lol: :lol: Right on! Just wanted to make sure you had yer schedule on the right page!!

V-John

Post by V-John » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:01 pm

bigsugar wrote:She was the only one entered. We put the other dogs in just to make it look better. :oops:

Setternut I have been beat by sis already. She's a real nice hound. John always shows up with nice dogs. You have to BEAT him. He's not gonna give you an inch. That's why I like him.
Thank you for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it. And you guys have always been very kind to me allowing me to ride your horses and such. And I KNOW when I get on one of your horses, it's going to be a great animal to be on.

Not to mention your dogs being great dogs too. I always loved to see you guys and Riley's arch nemisis at a trial. :)

Vonrommel

Post by Vonrommel » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:53 pm

The Ames site has been updated witn the dogs currently "Nominated".
Here's the link,
http://www.amesplantation.org/field-tri ... ations.asp
Last edited by Vonrommel on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Vonrommel wrote:The Ames site has been updated witn the dogs curreny "qualified."
Ahhh...kinda...that is a list of nominated dogs. You first have to qualify. Then you send AF paperwork plus DNA to officially nominate your dog. There are a LOT of qualified dogs not on that nominated list yet.

Vonrommel

Post by Vonrommel » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:47 pm

I fixed it fer ya!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Elhew Sinbad
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

ElhewPointer wrote:My favorites to win are Connor's EZ Button, Shadow Oak Bo(Shag) and Lester's Snow Watch

Who I'd like to win are Elhew Sinbad(I have dogs out of him) or Gamemaker(Great birddog, but the time clock has passed him by I'm affraid)

Bigsugar, PP is a bird finding machine but I think how he can look on his game could hurt him(right or wrong).
I should have put more on him in the calcutta. Dang it! Congrats to Connor's EZ Button and all the connections.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:08 pm

EZ button is a good looking dog.

Vonrommel

Post by Vonrommel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Has anyone heard anything? The last brace came back in around 10:00.

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:45 pm

:D EZ Button it is
below is a little about his breeding from another site

Connor's EZ Button is the only contestant of the Riggin's White Knight sireline that is not a descendant of Miller's Cheif, rather he is a descendant of Elhew Snakefoot. His dam is a mystery to me.

BrassVols

Post by BrassVols » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:08 pm

ymepointer wrote::D EZ Button it is

Connor's EZ Button is the only contestant of the Riggin's White Knight sireline that is not a descendant of Miller's Cheif, rather he is a descendant of Elhew Snakefoot. His dam is a mystery to me.
Only proves the point you can breed Elhew to anything and win!
j/k For all I know she is a blue hen.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 pm

BrassVols wrote:
ymepointer wrote::D EZ Button it is

Only proves the point you can breed Elhew to anything and win!
j/k For all I know she is a blue hen.

Nah... You're right the first time. Its the Elhew in him!!! :D

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:59 pm

[quote="cjuve I am in the shag crew, would like to see Bo win it. Who is this Jax Jabba dog, I know he is out of patriot but you never hear anything about him. Is he re-qualified? Is Jettsetter retired?[/quote]

He is re-qualified. 4xCH/1xRU
2008 California chukar championship
2009 California open AA championship
2010 RU Pacific coast championship
2011 Western AA championship
2011 California pheasant championship
He's won or placed on the praries also. Big, tall athletic looking dog.[/quote]

I would definately be very pleased if Jabba won it he is a really terrific dog.[/quote]

.......................................................................................................................................

Not conditioned well enough i guess. He was doing well but ran out of gas at the 2 hour point.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Congratulations to the winner. Not only is he the 2012 National Champion, he also got to run with what has already become a legendary bracemate.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:20 pm

That first pic is awesome..Thanks for posting.
Elkhunter wrote:Andy you make me laugh, that is not my dog.... Insert foot in mouth at this point! :)

This would be my mutt..........
WILD huns...
I do have a short-tail mutt though!! Pointing some sage chickens...
Image[/quote]
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson