TT Upland 3G Beeper question

DogNewbie

TT Upland 3G Beeper question

Post by DogNewbie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Hello,

Anyone have experience with the TT Upland G3 Beeper collar? I have a TT sport basic G3 and am wondering, if I buy the beeper collar, does it come with a transmitter so I can use the locate function or do I need to get one of the upland or field ecollar systems for that to work? Thanks for the help,

Tim

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Re: TT Upland 3G Beeper question

Post by BigShooter » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Go to the TT website it's all explained there. I can tell you the G2 & G3 full size Upland transmitters have an extra button that's used solely to turn the beeper on & off.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

MTR

Post by MTR » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 pm

I have a G3 with a Pro500, so I can't help you there. But the following was on the website:
Instant Locate – Whether running muted or beeping, to locate their dog when hunting the hunter presses and holds the beeper control button on the Sport Upland or Upland Special (any button on other Field and Pro models when on “A”) and the beeper will make a continuous series of beeps for up to 8 seconds or until the button is released. The beeper and receiver need to be switched on for this feature to work.
I take that as you would not be able to turn the G3 accessory beeper on or off with your training collar transmitter that you have (Basic). The G3 Beeper does not come with anything other than a collar strap, one page instruction "manual", a battery, and the Beeper itself.
- Rob

Two barrels next to each other and two triggers - one behind the other!

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah that's what I was wondering. But I could get it and run it without the locate setting correct? That's what was a little unclear on the site.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:36 pm

Sure you could. This is the one I use. It's a great product.

http://dogtra2500tb.com/dogtra-2500-tb-trainer-beeper
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

bossman

Post by bossman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:49 pm

Couldn't agree more regarding the Dogtra. Best overall beeper collar on the market imo

MTR

Post by MTR » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:25 am

DogNewbie wrote:Yeah that's what I was wondering. But I could get it and run it without the locate setting correct? That's what was a little unclear on the site.
Yes - you can turn it on and off with the rubber button on the top of the G3 Beeper. You won't be able to remote control it on/off locate.

Hope that helps.

Rob
- Rob

Two barrels next to each other and two triggers - one behind the other!

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Thanks for all the replies! Helpful as usual!

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm

BigShooter wrote:Go to the TT website it's all explained there. I can tell you the G2 & G3 full size Upland transmitters have an extra button that's used solely to turn the beeper on & off.
I recently broke my G2 upland special transmitter, upgraded to a G3 transmitter. Now i dont even have my beepers anymore, didn't use them and sold them but i don't think this G3 transmitter has the button on the back.....

EDIT- I see now, the green button on front (which i assumed was only tone) also controls the beepers....
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno