Dogtra EDGE

stlgsp

Dogtra EDGE

Post by stlgsp » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 am

Anyone have any insigt on the new Dogtra Edge? It doesn't look like it comes out until the 16th but was hoping someone may have some inside info. I've only had Dogtra collars, a 1200 that's about 7 years old and a used 2002 T&B. That was the best I could afford and have had no problems or major complaints on either. Don't know how good their customer services is, never had to use it. I really need to upgrade to a multi dog collar and have been saving for a TT Pro 100. When researching the Edge I found a site to preorder a 4 dog collar and it looks like it's about $250 cheaper than a 3 dog Pro 100. Am always leary of buying something new on the market but $250 is a few bags of dog food....

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Dogtra EDGE

Post by Sharon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 pm

" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:47 pm

I have to two dog T & B as you do and like the unit a lot. I've never had an issue with mine. One of my buddies has used the service dept with one of his and had good luck. I've looked at options for expanding to more collars but, to be honest, i'd have a hard time keeping track of which dog i had it set to with more than two. I even find with two sometimes i have to look to see which collar is selected and, many times, by then the opportunity for correction has passed. It would be nice to have collars pre-placed so there wasn't a change out from one dog to another though.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:27 pm

What do you want to know? :D

That Edge runs 909.96 for a 3 dog setup. Shipped
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

stlgsp

Post by stlgsp » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Really wanted to get an idea of what kind of reviews it got from someone who's used it and what the thoughts were. Also how it compared to the TT as far as ease of use.
Saw the Edge listed on one site and thought they had the price wrong for a 4 dog set up so emailed to verify. Should have ordered one before they fixed it just to see if they would send it for that price :roll: At $900 for the Edge, I'll probably go with TT. I keep hoping I'll find a decent deal on a used one.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:12 pm

stlgsp wrote:Really wanted to get an idea of what kind of reviews it got from someone who's used it and what the thoughts were. Also how it compared to the TT as far as ease of use.
Saw the Edge listed on one site and thought they had the price wrong for a 4 dog set up so emailed to verify. Should have ordered one before they fixed it just to see if they would send it for that price :roll: At $900 for the Edge, I'll probably go with TT. I keep hoping I'll find a decent deal on a used one.
I can't blame you there. I tallyed up the MAP price on it and did a double-check to make sure that was the right figure. :lol:

I just bought a new 4-dog unit this spring. I am a SportDOG man since they seem to take pretty good care of me, and I got the 2525 ProHunter set. I REALLY like it. :D
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"