Any Maryland Folks Around?

mtlee

Any Maryland Folks Around?

Post by mtlee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:30 am

It's been a while since I've posted on GDF. I have been living in Baltmore, MD for a few months now doing an internship at Univ of Maryland Hospital. I recently found out I will be staying here for the next 4.5 years to complete a residency in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery. I'm have lived in SC my entire life until July of this past year. I've got an English Pointer and a GSP. They are in SC with my parents now, but I will be moving them up this summer once I find a house, get married, and move a few miles from this crazy city life. I generally hunt quail, woodcock, and ducks in SC...get out to KS for a week to shoot some quail/pheasant...and made it to Arkansas this past year.

Anyway, what kind of options will I have around Maryland as far as upland goes? I know there ducks on the east coast. How's public hunting up here? Any clubs or groups that train? I've found a few skeet/trap establishments.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Angus

Re: Any Maryland Folks Around?

Post by Angus » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:32 pm

I am not up to date on Maryland upland, it's been a few years. Reports I have heard is western part of the state the grouse and woodcock numbers are hit and miss. I am about an hour north of Baltimore and will kick up some woodcock at times, albeit not in large numbers. Franklin County PA has decent Grouse numbers in spots and is not too far of a drive from the Baltimore area. I would imagine that there are some pockets of Grouse around the Thurmont MD area in the State Forests. Pheasant Hunting here in PA on our Gamelands may be worth looking into as well. They are stocked birds, but provide a ton of fun.

Sorry I couldn't be more help for around your area. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Re: Any Maryland Folks Around?

Post by AHGSP » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Matt,

Check your PM's.
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)