An overdue update...

proudag08

An overdue update...

Post by proudag08 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:23 am

Good morning ladies and gents. I thought I would take this chilly Saturday morning to update you on me and my first pup, Frio. To say that it has been an adventure would be and understatement. I love this little guy a ton but sometimes my paitience runs thin. I haven't lost it yet but have been really close twice! Ha ha. Just have to keep telling myself that he's just a puppy.

His house manners are good and he enjoys spending time with my wife and I. He really enjoys the long walks through the undeveloped part of our neighborhood. It's hardly country but its what we have so we make it work. His nose seems to work great but he hasnt been on many birds yet. He can sniff out his rope/ ball/ stick/ frisbee/ etc. every time though so I am hopeful.

We havent been able to get him around other dogs as much as we would like because all of our neighbors have small dogs, I mean really small dogs. But we are going to get better at getting him around other dogs soon as it warms up a bit.

He knows "come", "whoa", "go potty", "kennel", "find it", and (dun dun dun) "sit". I wrestled with teaching him to sit for about 3 months after I got him. I finally decided to becaue he will also be a water fowl dog and I will need him to sit in a blind with me. I know some of you said to NEVER teach him to sit and I understand why you told me that. However, I talked to several guys that use their GSP's for both upland and waterfowl and they said that it worked for them.

So here are some pictures I think you will like:
Just hanging out.

This was his response to "Kennel" Ha ha ha

Being a Cowboys fan like me, he was not to "enthuzed" by the Super Bowl

Now for some video. Hope you enjoy.

Playing in the "country"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18756557@N02/6856967273/

Defeating his "archenemy"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18756557@N02/6856969597/

Well I hope you guys enjoyed the update! Cant wait to get this guy on some birds and get him to hunting! Have a great weekend everyone.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: An overdue update...

Post by Sharon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:29 am

:) Now that was a great way to start my Sat. morning. Seeing how you enjoy your pup is what it is all about. He's a handsome boy. Thanks for the videos . (Wasn't "Fredo" the guy Tony Soprano took down? :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Nice report, and fine looking pup.
Took my two out for a run this morning. They had not been out for a good hard run for too long, and were in need of blowing off some pent up energy.

They sure are fun and addictive :)
Steve

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:50 pm

PD,
Congrats on a fine pup, beautiful pup in deed!
RGD/Dave

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Great lookin pup, and a great name!!!