Possible Future Breeding/Your Thoughts?

Ron R

Possible Future Breeding/Your Thoughts?

Post by Ron R » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:53 pm

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4167

Chopper (Avatar)is 55 lbs of blued twisted steel in shape and he is loaded with natural ability and brains. He was one of those born broke type of dogs, a relentless natural retriever (probably one of the few dogs that run NSTRA without being force broke). I put the most work into getting him to back consistantly, he has never stole point but he will look a dog off to continue to hunt. He has a ton of drive and hunts hard with a long effortless gait that alows him to go for hours at a hard, fast pace. He has tremendous natural stamina and athletism. His birdwork came easy, he is steady to wing and shot on pigeons but has been allowed to break at flush on quail. He's got the typical Little Joe nose and he swims for retrieves regardless of how cold the water is or how strong the current is. He has no mental quirks and handled alot of preasure at a young age. He started early and was hunt broke at 10 months, hunting with confidence and independence. I could get rough with him and he would just shake it off and try to understand what I wanted him to do. It seened like after a couple corrections he would have it. He is a mentaly tough dog that is calm and quiet around the house and kennel (I do bring him in the house from time to time).

He has only been bred once and my feed back was that they were full of brains, hard hunters and broke out early. One of his sons will be running at the same trial as I am this coming weekend so I'm looking forward to watching his run.

Molina is a product of Erin's Kennles and Sean Derrig thought enough of her to breed her to HOF Ch Addition's Goboy Semen (not cheap). She is a straight up birddog and solid producer. She is a big, stout 45lbs stylish female and I'm posting this to see if there might be any interest. I will try to post a picture of Molina.

I believe this to be a proven cross with the Little Joe on top and the Fiddler/GoBoy on bottom that also touches back to Pike Creek Mike (Crow's Little Joe's foundation). All feedback is welcome (positive and negative).

Thank You For Looking
Ron Rawlings
Last edited by Ron R on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Birddog3412

Re: Possible Future Breeding/Your Thoughts?

Post by Birddog3412 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Erin's Molina

codym

Post by codym » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Ron your chopper dog sounds so much like my bell bitch. I am a big fan of the clj stuff and know what it is capable of producing. I haven't seen many of the erin's dogs but they look stylish. I have the same type of dilemma you are having. I wanna breed my bell dog to a dog in AZ. I want a pup or two for myself but I worry that their will be little interest in the litter and I will be stuck with a lot of pups. I would be interested in a pup out of your litter but the shipping kills me. I'm interested in what kind of response you get.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:21 am

Well I can cetainly vouch for Chopper....I have been around him off and on since he was 7wks. old and I can't add anything to Ron's post except that it is a very accurate description of Chopper.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

BrassVols

Post by BrassVols » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:53 am

Wasn't this female in Jim Harris' kennel?

highntight

Post by highntight » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:08 am

How does Chopper handle? I have seen alot of clj stuff. I've run against Anthony Crow and his son Dustin Crow when they ran some in Nstra. I've seen quite a few dogs out of clj.

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:13 am

That would be an breeding that I'd be interested in... For SURE
KN

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:38 pm

bigsugar wrote:I have an idea. Take molina and breed her to line up, give me my two pups you own me from our deal with Jessie then breed her to whatever. I don't really care.
You got a fair price for an average bitch that was not good enough for me to breed Chopper too. And like you, I don't really care. How do you like that idea?

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Let me start this off by stating that I am the sole owner of Molina! What she gets bred to is totally my decision. Ron R. is my best friend and has been since we were youngsters and this is a breeding we are contemplating. It is my belief that this breeding has the potential of producing outstanding bird dogs. Any dealings you(Big Sugar) may have made with Ron have nothing at all to do with me or my dogs(just wanted to make that straight). To answer the other question yes I did acquire Molina from Harris Kennels. I believe while she was at Harris Kennels Jim bred her to his Guard Rail Spitit dog twice and has recieved positive feedback on the pups. Molina's son CH Stonecutter won a shooting dog championship as a 1st year shoting dog this year. Stonecutter's brother Black River won some of the biggest derbies last year under the guidance of Luke Eisenhart. Molina is a proven producer off a long line of proven producers. SCK

ST8 UPPOINTERS

Post by ST8 UPPOINTERS » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Wow court? Over 2 pups that your gonna cull anyways! As soon as i read "i contacted my attorney" that pretty much told me what kind of guy you are...

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:21 pm

I like to read these posts using Jim Nance's voice as he announces the Master's...or when they degrade you can always switch it to like that Vince McMahon wrestling guy, or Snooki...is that her name Snooki?

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Andy, I don't know if you removed your posts or if the moderator did, but I have never made any false claims about myself or my dogs. In fact I don't think I've made any claims at all, LOL. I have listed a few facts about some of my dogs achievements. I also have no problem stating that these achievements were made by their previous owners. Maybe I am nothing but a collector, but that's ok and it's my right. I can do whatever I want with my dogs and they don't have to satisfy anyone but myself. Unfortunately I can't keep all the dogs that I would like to collect and on 2 separate occasions you have drove a couple hours to my place to pick up my culls. Andy you have also inquired on more than one occasion about breeding to one of my stud dogs. Once again no false claims here just facts! SCK
Last edited by sckwest1 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:02 am

highntight wrote:How does Chopper handle?
He was a handful when he was younger but has always been very biddable. He would be out of voice range and it would appear that he wasn't handling but once I whistle broke him he handled great. I'm not a huge fan of whistle breaking my dogs but sometimes it's necessary.
codym wrote: I would be interested in a pup out of your litter but the shipping kills me.
I got a new dog transporter that goes door to door for $150 for pups and $250 for dogs. Great guy.
kylenicholas02 wrote:That would be an breeding that I'd be interested in... For SURE
How have you been Kyle, are you still in Indiana?

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 am

I guess I need to apologize to poor ol' Jim Harris for being lumped in and insulted with me and Scott. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, "you play a pretty mean fiddle boy".

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 am

Wish I could swing this, some day I am going to dabble with a pointer. They definitely are a beckoning mistress :mrgreen:
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

codym

Post by codym » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:03 am

$250????? pm with his info please! The last transport I did from here to kentucky ran $425.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 am

sckwest1 wrote: Molina's son CH Stonecutter won a shooting dog championship as a 1st year shoting dog this year. Stonecutter's brother Black River won some of the biggest derbies last year under the guidance of Luke Eisenhart. Molina is a proven producer off a long line of proven producers.
Scott, you forgot to mention that Molina also produced your favorite dog Rebel.

ST8 UPPOINTERS

Post by ST8 UPPOINTERS » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:17 am

Ron shoot me that dog hauler info I'd you would

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Take Molina to Kelly's laser eye, I would take one or two of those :)
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 pm

I would take her to Lucky Strike! There are pups from him in UT and they are very very nice. One has already won a CH. Big running wild bird dogs!

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Elkhunter wrote:I would take her to Lucky Strike!
Or take a female off of the forementioned breeding to Lucky Strike or Laser Eye :D .

BrassVols

Post by BrassVols » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Ron R wrote:I guess I need to apologize to poor ol' Jim Harris for being lumped in and insulted with me and Scott. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, "you play a pretty mean fiddle boy".
Hope this wasn't aimed at me, I just remember her being in his kennel when I was looking at pups last year.
Certainly meant no disrespect to Jim Harris. Matter of fact I own one of his pups and constantly brag about how honest and reputable Mr Harris is.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

BrassVols wrote:
Ron R wrote:I guess I need to apologize to poor ol' Jim Harris for being lumped in and insulted with me and Scott. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, "you play a pretty mean fiddle boy".
Hope this wasn't aimed at me, I just remember her being in his kennel when I was looking at pups last year.
Certainly meant no disrespect to Jim Harris. Matter of fact I own one of his pups and constantly brag about how honest and reputable Mr Harris is.
Not aimed at you at all. It was referring to a post that got deleted.

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Ron , u could take her to my Erin's male. He is a half sister to Molina. Same dam.

Mike

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:25 pm

If you don't mind let me know on the new guy i could use a new shipper also, i have a bunch of pups headed east this spring.

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:11 pm

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks for the input, but we aren't looking for any ideas on what to breed to. This is the breeding we are going to make. We only have room to keep 3 from the breeding so our goal is to see if anyone might be interested in something from this breeding. Thanks, SCK

asc

Post by asc » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Ron R wrote:
sckwest1 wrote: Molina's son CH Stonecutter won a shooting dog championship as a 1st year shoting dog this year. Stonecutter's brother Black River won some of the biggest derbies last year under the guidance of Luke Eisenhart. Molina is a proven producer off a long line of proven producers.
Scott, you forgot to mention that Molina also produced your favorite dog Rebel.

Good looking dog!
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:26 am

Thanks ASC. He is a son of Addition's GoBoy to Molina. He is the one dog that I take with me everytime. SCK

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Ron,

Sent you a PM.

Thanks
HRCH UH Ramblin Man's Jade of Honor MH
HR Platte Valley's Play Girl SH
Platte Valley's Joy Ride JR

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Chopper was ran in a NSTRA trial this weekend and took a 2nd place on Sat. and 1st place on Sunday. He also had a son that was ran and came in 4th with 4 finds. I would have to look at the dates, but I don't believe his son is much over a year old. Thanks for looking, SCK

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:52 am

Me and Chopper just got lucky. I did like his pup quite a bit :D .

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 am

A big congrats Ron!! I think a handler always has to have some luck going but having the right dog, being committed and doing all the time consuming and sometimes costly prep work is paying off.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

ST8 UPPOINTERS

Post by ST8 UPPOINTERS » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:43 pm

When are you making the breeding Ron?

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:58 pm

ST8 UPPOINTERS wrote:When are you making the breeding Ron?
In the next 2 or 3 months...I think that is when she is due to come in. The sooner the better, I need an up and comer.

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Ron R wrote:
highntight wrote:How does Chopper handle?
He was a handful when he was younger but has always been very biddable. He would be out of voice range and it would appear that he wasn't handling but once I whistle broke him he handled great. I'm not a huge fan of whistle breaking my dogs but sometimes it's necessary.
codym wrote: I would be interested in a pup out of your litter but the shipping kills me.
I got a new dog transporter that goes door to door for $150 for pups and $250 for dogs. Great guy.
kylenicholas02 wrote:That would be an breeding that I'd be interested in... For SURE
How have you been Kyle, are you still in Indiana?
I'm doing very well Ron. We had the blasto run through the kennel about 1.5 ago and took some dogs I wish it hadnt. Since, I've been blessed and cursed that my businesses has been keeping me tied down. Planning on tying the knot within the next year if I dont run her off before, and just put a deposit on her first shorthair. NOW, I gotta find me another pointer to fill up my empty kennel space.

How about yourself? Taking care I assume?
KN