navhda training

RAWACRES

navhda training

Post by RAWACRES » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm

This is my first time going to a navhda training with my dog, what should i expect from this session with the club and what should i be prepared to do with my dog. any help would be great because i don't want to look like a complete a-hole when i get there if ya know what i mean!

mcclinj

Re: navhda training

Post by mcclinj » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Take your dog and the equipment you have. You'll have a great time. Usually they break off into groups that want to work on similar things....pick what you want to work on and find the group that is doing that. It will be a great time.

-John

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 pm

RAWACRES wrote:This is my first time going to a navhda training with my dog, what should i expect from this session with the club and what should i be prepared to do with my dog. any help would be great because i don't want to look like a complete a-hole when i get there if ya know what i mean!
Enjoy yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions, it will a great learning experinece for you and your dog.

Don't worry, someone will let you know if you are.........! :wink:
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

MTR

Post by MTR » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:08 pm

It's gonna be a good time - I guess you are coming to Ottowa with the Kettle Moraine chapter this weekend? Bird bag, stake/tie out or kennel, lead or leash, attitude that is willing to help. They have a number of people signed up from what it sounds and will be trying to run 2 fields at a time.

Don't worry about looking like a dolt. We have all been there and done that. I'll have my Grif with me and will be coming with another chapter member with a GSP and V. PM me if you want.

Last year we ran 15 to 20 min runs with each dog. They also had some UT type work setup to practice a heeling course and steady to blind (just on dry land) with blank shots and a winger throwing doken ducks. They will be having the next handler in line planting the traps behind running dog to try and save time. It works well and saves time from having planters go out into the field between braces.

At lunch they may have a quick mini seminar on specific training issue or something relating to hunting or dogs.

Looks to be decent weather
- Rob

Two barrels next to each other and two triggers - one behind the other!

birddognut

Post by birddognut » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:57 am

I will be there with my Wirehair. A lot of great people in this club. Bring a dish to pass for lunch.Don't be afraid to ask questions. The more you get involved the more you will get out of it.