Breeders

Francois P vd Walt

Breeders

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:13 am

If I was looking for dogs with dixielands rusty and van moesgaard lines witch breeder should I contact ?

Elkhunter

Re: Breeders

Post by Elkhunter » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:17 am

Dan Hoke has some well bred Rusty dogs.

Grousewing

Post by Grousewing » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:25 am

Scott Townsend @ http://www.crosswindkennel.com in Michigan has the NFC NGDC FC AFC Moesgaards RB Rhythm N Blues line in his kennel along with Dixieland Rusty. He usually has puppies in the spring and also has started to finished dogs at times as well. IMO couldn't pick a better place to get this breeding, his kennel has produced at least 4 national champions and many champion dogs. Give him a call and tell him Corey sent you.
Bird dog training and game birds
www.bluegrousekennels.com

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 am

I don't think there are going to be too many "Rusty bred" dogs around. Too much time has passed.

Jiminla

Post by Jiminla » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:41 am

Check with Muddy Creek Kennels. Owner is Craig Burns and I know I saw that bloodline on a few of his dog's pedigrees. We just purchased some pups from him about 5 months ago and are well satisfied with them. I guess its all in what you're looking for. These pups have quick action and can roll through the cover. Heads are always up and don't seem to be tracking everything like other gsp's with too much german blood in them. We chose out of Cassiexjughead breeding and like them ver much.

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:01 am

Do you guys believe there is something better out there, wild bird dogs for on foot trailing, hunting ?
Natural dogs ....

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 am

There are great dogs out there. There are great dogs out there that have Rusty in in their pedigree. How much genetic influence does Rusty have at this point?

I think you'd be better off looking for a sire and dam with the qualities that you're looking for.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:19 am

Look also at lines containing Hillhaven's Hustler. Are you acquainted with NAVHDA? There are a few members here who could guide you in that direction. Dixieland's Rusty was whelped in 1978, so his pedigree is widely dispersed. The Moesgaard name was also widely used on many dogs.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:27 am

http://www.gundogbreeders.com/breeders- ... nnels.html

Merkel might have some Rusty still in his kennel.

http://www.bdarn.com/DJ07/page13/

a good read on him
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 am

Do you guys believe there is something better out there, wild bird dogs for on foot trailing, hunting ?
Yes. :wink: :lol:

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:44 am

Hallo !

I live in SA and do not know what tere is in your country that is that good ! We hunt on foot here open and bush, I like speed and something that blows your skirt up.

With so many guys that say tbey have all this, but doesn't show on the AKC or links with rankings !
What does one do ?

You end up on a forum picking honest members brains ! HA !

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Check out these folks. http://www.bhulisa.co.za They are in S.A. and already have imported some of the best lines.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:19 pm

BTW, they have a female that was a full sister to my late Gunner dog. They are "Fritz" dogs.

Greg J.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Greg, hello, I get this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

when trying t oaccess the link you posted. :(
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:43 pm

I can't hit a majority of websites from work for security reasons. I'll drop Trudi an email and let her know.

Best,

Greg J.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Go to memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3718

there should be an "email bhulisa" link on the left side.

I'll let you know what I hear back from Trudi.

Best,

Greg J.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:50 pm

I talked to Trudi. The website is down for maintenance.

Francois and Trudi already know one another and are looking to broaden the gene pool over there.

Francois, here is an idea: Call Rick and Brenda and ask what goes well with those Fritz dogs Trudi has.

I promise you that there are few dogs that have the *overall* talent of those dogs.

trueblu

Post by trueblu » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Call John Rabidou. No one knows more about bloodlines than John. Hate to give too man accolades, but he truly is a wealth of knowledge of Rusty and most other quality lines. If you want something that will go and blow I'd not suggest Hustler lines but like Rusty, those dogs are so watered down at this point there may be some that will go hard now. Just look up John's website-Uodibar Kennels and call him.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Hustler was bred to over a hundred females they can't be all good. Not much left some frozen semen maybe

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:23 pm

cjhills wrote:Hustler was bred to over a hundred females they can't be all good. Not much left some frozen semen maybe
I was referring to linebreeding on him as a foundation. He is so far back and so much has been done, it's not necessary to have him as a sire. Many of the mentioned dogs were bred to less than stellar bitches.

For that matter, it might behoove the inquirer to look at some dam lines, also.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:55 pm

Westwind and sundance are the premier hustler line breeders.

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 am

Thanks All

I know Trudie well we share the same dream to breed better dogs for all to use, make more hunters happy and leave something behind when we gone ! :D

It is also great to breed dogs that are not the same and good that we have different visions on what we like.

At this stage we stuck due to limited knowledge of usa bloodlines the expectations in the usa and trial differences and language barriers plus we hunt on foot all the time.

My questions was to see what was there and what works there, we have some off the better lines from USA in S. Africa already.

I am looking for something else. Charles Rose is the captain of my ship over there, got dogs from him I believe we share the same passion and visions.

I have some dogs and hope one day I can come run them there to see how our dogs compare. :lol:

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:11 am

if i was in the market for a shorthair i would check out Terry Chandler of Rugerheim kennels in Las Cruces, NM. I talked with him a few times back when i used to attend the hunt tests. I have seen him work his dogs when it was just me and the judges out on our horses. I have to admit they are nice dogs for being shorthairs :mrgreen: His dogs also show up on many of the pedigrees seen here.

Meller

Post by Meller » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:11 am

I think Charlie Rose would be able to help you.(Wild Rose Kennel) :)

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:15 am

My young male, Spot was produced by one of the last Rusty grand-get still alive. I have two young females not shown on my signature line who were produced from a half-brother, half-sister breeding (my Willow's dog Brandi). These dogs have about as much Moesgaard, Dixieland, Rusty, Field Champions, National Champions & Hall Of Fame dogs as you're going to find. However, like Greg said the blood from the older lines is pretty watered down at this point. The biggest problem with pedigrees is the genetic alphabet soup that mixes up what gets passed to future generations. We have one young male who has shown national championship potential but I gave him to my son and he is not being campaigned.

Many believe it takes different attributes to win a GSP national title at Eureka vs. Booneville. The really exceptional proven dogs (or lines) are the ones that have multiple wins on different species of birds, under different conditions in various parts of the U.S. The extreme athletes are in the AA hour championships. However, there are any number of exceptional dogs in other venues and dogs that haven't even been campaigned because it takes a lot of both time & money. Every dog has "holes", the dogs with the fewest holes generally win the most. I might suggest one group of individuals to seek out would be the owners, breeders and professional trainers of the living or just recently deceased GSPs with the individual dogs or lines with the most number of diverse regional & national wins. These guys & gals know the competition & current exceptional dogs. The owners and breeders who are not doing it for a living have the least need to talk down other dogs & lines or tarnish the truth.

Most of us will promote the virtues of our favorites but if we're being honest could list off enough really good dogs and lines to make your head spin. :)
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it