Drones against hunters

Hookadooka BirdDogs

Drones against hunters

Post by Hookadooka BirdDogs » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Okay. So the Peta & SHARK folks showed up at a South Carolina Pigeon Shoot with their latest and greatest device, a camera mounted on a remote control chopper used as a drone. Boy did they moan when the good old boys shot it out of the air like a high house six less than a minute into the flight. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pointed birds: If it's flyin', it's dyin'.

In 1969, the only woodstock I saw was on my M-14.

Ryman Gun Dog

Re: Drones against hunters

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 pm

HB,
If this really happened I love it, I am a Grouse Hunter and sometimes take Deer and Turkey off of my property in Potter/Tioga also.
Glad to hear they had the guts to tune the drone up as it invaded their private Pigeon Shoot, I can't wait till this hits the liberal national news media.
RGD/Dave

Hookadooka BirdDogs

Post by Hookadooka BirdDogs » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Bob Barker has donated a million to stop pigeon shoots in PA at Bensalem.
Pointed birds: If it's flyin', it's dyin'.

In 1969, the only woodstock I saw was on my M-14.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:30 pm

I'd bet that those geniuses are going to try something like that again, but this time it will be a higher flyiong drone with a longer lens on the camera. Might not be a bad idea to have a Remote controller with a real high output transmitter on hand and if try it again, but with a higher flying unit, have the high powered transmitter take over the aircraft and it can then simply be piloted it away a good distance and then send it crashing to earth.

RayG

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I would absolutely would have loved to participate in that. HEHEHEHE>
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Bob Barker is a moron, spay and neuter your pets is the motto...........then what happens when you want a puppy but there arent any dogs capable of reproducing? Be responsible for yourself and your animals. That is the key. I would love to have been a part of it also, if they have a website I would love to hear of the next shoot so I can fly my happy butt across the country to have a CHANCE of killing a drone! I would doubt you would even need to go high tech to fight fire with fire. Train some chicken hawks to hunt nothing but drones. Now that would be fire, teaching the animals they want to save to kill the drones they use to push their agenda!
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:04 pm

The incident happened at Broxton Bridge Plantation a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the shooter(s) dumped the target onto a highway. Today, an article is making the rounds regarding a gamebird farm in Oregon which was vandalized by ALF. That one is receiving FBI attention.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

DougB

Post by DougB » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:29 pm

In MN, it is a felony to disrupt a hunt. Can you say "PULL". Apparently, these children lack foresight and wisdom. They did. at an earlier attempt, manage to fly a drone into a tree. They claimed unfriendly fire, but a video showed operator malfunction.
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Against the laws in Iowa too. A couple just went to prison for attempting to release a guys minks from his farm. PETA means people eating tasty animals in Iowa :)
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:58 pm

RayGubernat wrote:I'd bet that those geniuses are going to try something like that again, but this time it will be a higher flyiong drone with a longer lens on the camera. Might not be a bad idea to have a Remote controller with a real high output transmitter on hand and if try it again, but with a higher flying unit, have the high powered transmitter take over the aircraft and it can then simply be piloted it away a good distance and then send it crashing to earth.

Or maybe just couple of a 12 ga. 3 1/2's loaded with #2's. That should really reach out and touch something.
As much as I dislike the uncontrolled raptor situation , I cannot suggest training one to attack a drone with whirling blades, even in jest. I would however, have no problem donating to construct an attack drone that was sized and dressed up like an American bald eagle to seek and destroy drones sent by persons who would seek to abridge our fundamental constitutional rights. The video of a mechanical bald eagle taking down an HSUS spy drone might not be the kind of publicity the anti's want.

RayG