Best DVD/book for my situation?

shaneroyce

Best DVD/book for my situation?

Post by shaneroyce » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:51 am

Some of you may be familiar with me and my do from a couple previous posts. I'm a brand new trainer, and he's an almost 13 month old EP that I've had for six weeks or so.

He was started well last summer and into last fall by someone else, and then spent about s months running in a back yard when I got him at 11 months.

I've spent my entire time with him bonding, running on wild birds once or twice a week (very little luck finding them), and working on come, heel, and a little on whoa.

He retrieves very well, obeys well on the cc with pinch collar, has lots of intensity on point (carded pigeons - creeps and flushes them himself after a minute or so), seems to have a good nose, and is gun conditioned (can shoot a 20 guage right over him when retrieving).

Question: What is the best DVD or book for a rookie trainer to use to move this, and future dogs, forward? This is mainly for hunting (mainly chukar) and possibly some hunt tests for fun. I have 6 kids and they all love to work with me and the dog and I would like them involved.

Let's hear your suggestions and why. Thanks!

ymepointer

Re: Best DVD/book for my situation?

Post by ymepointer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 am

Wing and shot,book and video, still a classic and the video will give you all you need to break a dog.

shaneroyce

Post by shaneroyce » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:54 am

Also, could you that reply please point me in the direction of where to locate and purchase the recommended book/DVD that you give? Thanks.

bb560m

Post by bb560m » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:56 am

Perfect Start then Perfect Finish is all you need.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 am

I second the Perfect Start/Perfect Finish series. Great resource. www.perfectionkennel.com.

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:23 am

Meller

Post by Meller » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:54 am

Maurice Lindleys book & video! :)

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 pm

shaneroyce wrote:Also, could you that reply please point me in the direction of where to locate and purchase the recommended book/DVD that you give? Thanks.

You can Google any book titles Sahane and the link will tell you all you need to know. Most can be ordered from Amazon or Chapters.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett