6xCH, 2xRU CH FC Alpenblick's Southern Bell

NGSPA CH, FC Cruzin's Probable Cause "Mac"

3xCH, NGPDA NC, FC Cruzin's Rocket Queen "Roxy"

Pineland's Streak "Sadie"

Cruzin's Moneymaker "Penny"

Cruzin Kennels on Facebook

Cruzin Kennels ~ http://www.cruzinkennels.com/

JKP

Re: Bill Trying to make Dog Crates Illegal?

Post by JKP » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Yeah...if your dog shows any dening instinct...do they take it away??? :lol: :lol:

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Yes, I've seen it, along with a lot of proposals to criminalize tethering and even some restricting the amount of time a dog may be left outdoors. There's a war going on, in case you've missed it, between interest groups in the name of animals.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:49 pm

The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Absolutely insane!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:23 pm

You should see what kind of crud the whack jobs who are against carriage rides make up.

SHNOOL

Post by SHNOOL » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:22 am

Do any of these morons realize how coyote pups live in the wild? We got dogs that "self-crate" when they are tired. They wouldn't give up their crate for anything... in fact one goes totally nuts if she can't find one open at night to rest in.

Wow, sometimes I think this country has been succombe the loonies.
Image_____________Image
DC - Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory________________Woodland's Forrest Fire - New Prospect

dakotashooter2

Post by dakotashooter2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:45 am

I clicked on the humanwatch website to see a picture of advertizing with a cat and dog wearing glasses.......... Talk about hypocracy

The longer I have a dog the more I realize that restraining and crating them is beneficial to thier health and safety. As with other things there are people who abuse crating. Leaving your pet in a crate for 20 hrs of the day is a bit extreme and probably NOT beneficial to that pet but not typical of most owners. The thing many people don't see is that when the owner is gone dogs spend most of their time lounging or sleeping anyway so crating them really doesn't change much. Crating is also the safest way to transport an animal. Much safer than the "seatbelt" type restraints being sold.

I recenty lost a dog that I initially had on a 100 foot cable run. Over time the dog became yard trained and never left the farmyard ( also confirmed by neighbors) so I began leaving it free. Until it crossed the road and got hit. Never again will I leave a dog without some type of restraint.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:01 pm

dakotashooter2 wrote:I clicked on the humanwatch website to see a picture of advertizing with a cat and dog wearing glasses.......... Talk about hypocracy

The longer I have a dog the more I realize that restraining and crating them is beneficial to thier health and safety. As with other things there are people who abuse crating. Leaving your pet in a crate for 20 hrs of the day is a bit extreme and probably NOT beneficial to that pet but not typical of most owners. The thing many people don't see is that when the owner is gone dogs spend most of their time lounging or sleeping anyway so crating them really doesn't change much. Crating is also the safest way to transport an animal. Much safer than the "seatbelt" type restraints being sold.

I recenty lost a dog that I initially had on a 100 foot cable run. Over time the dog became yard trained and never left the farmyard ( also confirmed by neighbors) so I began leaving it free. Until it crossed the road and got hit. Never again will I leave a dog without some type of restraint.

You do know that Humanewatch is an org that is against HSUS and PETA don't you they are on our side
the real one that are on our side is www.naiaonline.org along with others ..who promote responsible animal ownership not this whack jobs who believe animals should have rights and sit at the dinner table being treated like a human
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:13 pm

I live in Liberial central so take it for what its worth.

But I have been bringing my 10 week old pup into work in my tahoe in her crate. Leaving the windows cracked and then going out at noon to play with her (been in low 60's all week). I had some folks come out and socialize with her... about 30 or so different folks over the last few days. I had several that leaned left say to me "I can't believe you leave her all alone locked up in your car like that!?!" I then asked them.... how is this any different then if she was in her kennel in my living room?? Then their light went on...very dim... but it went on anyway.

However, I have been informed I can no longer bring the pup in and play out in the grass in front of work due to insurance reasons.... someone might get bit or something I was told. Yeah, my 10 week old is going to bite you for sure... but only if you want to be :-) Some peoples kids I say...

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:14 pm

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein :mrgreen: It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. :|
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln